Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 14:04   #511
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Had a chance to check out the Vitara Brezza in the flesh over the weekend. My cellphones were confiscated, so apologies for no pictures.
Great job RavenAvi. You are always there first at the right place and at the right time. You did the same with Creta too . Coming from you, I believe Brezza will be a sure shot success and it will indeed pose serious trouble for all sub 4m SUVs.

All I was worried was about which engine they will chose to go with. Thankfully, it is 90 hp version

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2016 at 14:11. Reason: Edited quoted content
CarMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 14:06   #512
BHPian

@RavenAvi - Did they mention anything about the petrol version or the automatic version ?
Old 1st February 2016, 14:10   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had a chance to check out the Vitara Brezza in the flesh over the weekend. My cellphones were confiscated, so apologies for no pictures...
Awesome. While the 7L was expected starting price, 11.5L definitely feels stretched. I was thinking they'll max out at a 9.5 or 9.95L to give the Ecosport a run for money.

Did you see the top end? Does it have cruise control?? Anything more on the feature list to command a 11.5L for top end? Last question - is there a DDIS 320 on offer?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2016 at 14:27.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 14:19   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had a chance to check out the Vitara Brezza in the flesh over the weekend. My cellphones were confiscated, so apologies for no pictures.

Given a choice, I would prefer the Brezza over the Baleno/Swift/DZire, even.

A fresh, dynamic design with contemporary features and the legendary "S" badge - the Brezza is a more complete package than any other offering in it's segment. Add to that a killing price, and Maruti-Suzuki has a new sales bestseller to add to it's ranks.

Dear RavenAvi, I really envy you for your easy accessibility to about to be launches. Since you've had first hand look at Brezza, I've a few questions for you.

1. How would you compare it with your Creta or an S-Cross in terms of interior space, 2nd row seating and boot space?

2. Can you tell comparatively how big is the boot? As in which vehicle does it match up with?

3. Has the top end got HIDs or regular projectors?

4. What does it mean that dual tone colors will be available on demand? Will the ZDi + not come in dual tones?

I know that answers to all of my questions would be known by tomorrow but would like to know about it from someone who has seen it personally.

I also have a question to all, if the top-end Brezza nudges close to S-Cross 1.3 Alpha, where should the money be put?
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 14:34   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
...I also have a question to all, if the top-end Brezza nudges close to S-Cross 1.3 Alpha, where should the money be put?
If both matches on feature front,

1. S-Cross if you want more space. I doubt Brezza can match.
2. S-Cross if you want better build (from whatever has been reported)
3. S-Cross may have an edge in ride & handling too.

1. Brezza if you like styling.
2. Brezza should have better pep & FE too; even more if it has SVHS.

It should be hell of a difficult choice if I were in the state. But then considering better styling & pep, Brezza may be my choice. If it's S-Cross, it has to be the 1.6!!
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 14:47   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
All I was worried was about which engine they will chose to go with. Thankfully, it is 90 hp version
And, since the Brezza is lighter, expect it to be more sprightly and peppy than the EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
@RavenAvi - Did they mention anything about the petrol version or the automatic version ?
Petrol is under development, and might be introduced 6 months down the line. No information regarding the Automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Awesome. While the 7L was expected starting price, 11.5L definitely feels stretched. I was thinking they'll max out at a 9.5 or 9.95L to give the Ecosport a run for money.
My apologies for a typo there - it's ~10.5L for the top variant, not 11.5L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you see the top end? Does it have cruise control?? Anything more on the feature list to command a 11.5L for top end? Last question - is there a DDIS 320 on offer?
It was the ZDI+.

Yes, it has cruise control. I also noticed "Auto" on the headlamps stalk. Projectors look way cool (I was told they are HIDs not halogens, but couldn't make out)

Yes, the car is pretty worthy of it's asking price, if it comes in at the 10.5 lac-mark. Just don't go for the solid White shade. Looks really cheap, IMO.

Nope, no DDiS 320 on the cards right now.

Quote:
1. How would you compare it with your Creta or an S-Cross in terms of interior space, 2nd row seating and boot space?

2. Can you tell comparatively how big is the boot? As in which vehicle does it match up with?

3. Has the top end got HIDs or regular projectors?

4. What does it mean that dual tone colors will be available on demand? Will the ZDi + not come in dual tones?

I also have a question to all, if the top-end Brezza nudges close to S-Cross 1.3 Alpha, where should the money be put?
1) Definitely lesser than the Creta, and much lesser than the S-Cross, specially the rear seat. It's humongous in the S-Cross. Boot space, while better than the EcoSport, is lesser than both Creta & S-Cross.

2) 300-odd liters boot space, would be my guess. Think DZire/Baleno numbers.

3) I am told they are HIDs, not halogens. But couldn't make out due to the bright sunshine.

4) Not right off the bat, according to birdie. Customers will be given option when they book their cars and dual-color Brezzas will arrive accordingly. Solid/Metallic shades will be available for immediate delivery.

5) Brezza, no doubt. Unless you need the cavernous space (and better build quality) of the S-Cross, the top-end Brezza beats the S-Cross hollow in terms of features offered and in design & looks factor alone.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st February 2016 at 14:48.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 15:00   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Many have seen the car and some have driven, suspect one such report is now out, with the leaked specs!

Maruti Suzuki has indicated to dealers the ball park figures on pricing ~ 7 - 11 lakhs ex - Delhi ( but knowing S Cross fiasco in similar terms) they could change. Petrol version, 1.4 L is what could come at a later date.

The comparison given here is with the EcoSport and it matches to what RavenAVi's had seen too!

Quote:
Vitara Brezza’s top-most variant, the ‘ZDI+’ diesel retails for 9.49* Lakh, Ex-showroom, Delhi,
Quote:
Space & Comfort: Both cars have reasonably spacious cabins, with adequate space for 5 occupants. Vitara Brezza has slightly more interior room than the EcoSport as well as better all-round visibility. Vitara Brezza’s boot-space is also slightly better compared to the EcoSport.
Quote:
Ride Quality & Handling: Both cars have surprisingly car-like dynamics, but the EcoSport holds a slight edge over the Brezza. Both cars have a slightly stiff ride and a bit of body roll, which is no surprise considering their tall stance. But the EcoSport has an edge over the Vitara Brezza in terms of its cornering abilities. It’s steering weighs up well at speed and also has better feel and feedback compared to the Brezza’s steering setup. However, thanks to their high ground clearance both cars are well suited to the lunar landscape of Indian roads as well.
Quote:
Specifications:
Power (PS@rpm): Vitara Brezza – 90@4000,
Torque (Nm@rpm): Vitara Brezza – 200@1750
Kerb Weight (kg): Vitara Brezza – 1100
ARAI Mileage (kmpl): Vitara Brezza (manual) – 26.25
Ground Clearance (mm)– 200

ZDI+ Features : ABS, Airbags-2, Climate Control, Power Steering, Front Power Windows, Central Locking, Keyless Entry, Stereo: FM, USB, Aux, Bluetooth + 4 Speakers, Electrically Adjustable Mirrors, Electric Tailgate Release, Fog Lamps, Alloys, Driver’s Seat Height Adjust, 2 Tweeters, LED DRLs, Steering Wheel Switches, Parking Sensors, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Rear Wash-Wipe-Defog, Auto headlamps, Auto Wipers, Push Button Start & Smart Key, Parking Camera, Projector Headlamps, 7” Touch-screen, Navigation, CarPlay, Cruise Control, Electrically Folding Mirrors
http://www.carcomparos.com/2016/01/v...ison.html#more

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st February 2016 at 15:09.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 15:01   #518
BHPian

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...iling/50772093
Old 1st February 2016, 15:39   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, that would depend on where your priorities lie. Show or Go?
In one sentence Show = Brezza Go = SCross.

If you like to go corner carving or mile munching, basically if you spend more time on the highway than the city, then SCross is the one to look out for. Agreed it doesn't look all that great but with a longer wheelbase and lesser vertical growth compared to the Brezza, the SCross would be the one to plaster a smile on your face in those corners/ghats. Brezza's handling would suck compared to the SCross.
On the other hand, if you spend most of your time within the city confines, prefer killer looks and is not too worried about scorching the tarmac, then the Brezza it is. What it lacks in road grip and handling it makes up for with its looks and ability to tackle craters.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 15:55   #520
BANNED

So, SCross sales will come down further for sure.

Quote:
Overall, I think this is the definitive EcoSport killer. Worrying times ahead for the TUV, Creta, Duster/Terrano twins, etc.
One major reason for Creta's lead in terms of sales against SCross is its looks. Since you are saying that Creta need to worry, how Brezza looks in front of Creta?

Quote:
17) Expected pricing to be between 7 lacs - 10.5 lacs, ex-showroom Delhi.
I expect 6.5 - 9L for Diesel.

Quote:
11) Wheel wells are huge, and they make the 215-sections look puny inside them.
Can we expect a Gypsy out of this car, at a later stage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The recent prices drop of S Scross might has something to do with pricing the Brezza. May be it will be sitting just above SCross being it a Pseudo SUV.
No way Maruti can do this blunder. If it does, they are going to repeat the SCross failure.

The reason may be: if Brezza is priced 1L less than SCross, there may be someone who think that "why can't I pay 1L extra and get a better-built, better driven and slightly bigger car"...

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st February 2016 at 16:18.
Old 1st February 2016, 15:57   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
13) Popped up the engine hood and the familiar "DDiS" badge jumped out. Birdie confirms it's the 89 HP/200 Nm one.

17) Expected pricing to be between 7 lacs - 10.5 lacs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Overall, I think this is the definitive EcoSport killer. Worrying times ahead for the TUV, Creta, Duster/Terrano twins, etc.
At 7L ex-showrrom Delhi, this is too close to the S-Cross which starts 7.79L Delhi.

MS themselves would be confused on how to price this. Baleno diesel starts at 6.16 and S-Cross at 7.79.
Not coming with a Petrol engine can mean a lot of volume lost to competition.
Old 1st February 2016, 16:10   #522
Senior - BHPian

The recent prices drop of S Scross might has something to do with pricing the Brezza. May be it will be sitting just above SCross being it a Pseudo SUV.
Old 1st February 2016, 16:51   #523
BHPian

Quote:

Impressions:
Super cool! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
5) Brezza, no doubt. Unless you need the cavernous space (and better build quality) of the S-Cross, the top-end Brezza beats the S-Cross hollow in terms of features offered and in design & looks factor alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
To be honest, that would depend on where your priorities lie. Show or Go? In one sentence Show = Brezza Go = SCross.
The Brezza does look damn cool! I anticipate a similar outcome to that of the EcoSport, what with stunning looks, a brilliant package and an enticing price band.

However, there's one thing about great looking cars. The dazzling first impressions gradually tend to get overshadowed by real-world performance and practicality. Therefore, while the Vitara Brezza does sound sufficiently equipped to take on the S-Cross 200, it would be naive to believe the latter cannot hold a candle against the former.

PS: In a way, good that I did not have to choose between the two
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 17:03   #524
BHPian

Quote:

Impressions:

Given a choice, I would prefer the Brezza over the Baleno/Swift/DZire, even.

A fresh, dynamic design with contemporary features and the legendary "S" badge - the Brezza is a more complete package than any other offering in it's segment. Add to that a killing price, and Maruti-Suzuki has a new sales bestseller to add to it's ranks.
Thanks a lot for the nice observations

Maruti is cleverly, but quietly shifting the customers away from the Swift twins. It's so impressive the way they're dealing with this.

First with the NEXA; the move in itself is a clever one, showing the customer that it's capable of premium offerings. Practicality aside, it's a nice marketing move. Imagine if they just said, "we're stopping Swift and Dzire and are launching Baleno, Brezza..". People would've not felt that these are an upgrade over the Swift and Dzire.

But with the whole new "premium" experience and designs like the Brezza and Baleno the customer won't be feeling that this is a lateral move, but a sort of tangential upgrade while still retaining the Maruti value.

They're already ahead in the race and are now making sure that they stay ahead by a mile.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 17:11   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara brezza is developed in India mostly on swift platform. I think it has nothing to do with chasis of International Vitara except the similar looks. Vitara brezza is based on XA alpha concept and work on it started 3.5 years back. I was hoping it to be a shortened version of International Vitara which has got good reviews abroad and priced little lesser than S cross. I am sure Brezza would sell and might exceed marutis target of 10k units per month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks