Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2015, 16:11   #61
@KP
BHPian

re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

OK, now I get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
... and I think it is for this reason that they have side stepped Vezel and is working on the Brio based SUV for the Indian market. Expect the same interiors in an SUV soon, with some premium wood finish to add 'class'!

Now, this is also something I never quite understood. SUV based on small car!! Makes no sense to me - just an eyewash...
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 16:40   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Now, this is also something I never quite understood. SUV based on small car!! Makes no sense to me - just an eyewash...
If the SUV is built on a platform of a hatch which is capable of dealing the SUV-like abuses, it is fine. Otherwise, it should be called SLV - "Sports-Looking-Vehicle".
Old 27th February 2015, 11:54   #63
BANNED

Source: http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...3-rivals-49546

"...the all-new iM-4 SUV concept is confirmed for production and due on sale globally in 2016.Moore confirmed the iM-4 was not a preview of the next-generation Jimny, which is also on the way, but a B-segment crossover to rival the likes of the Holden Trax, Nissan JUKE and upcoming Mazda CX-3.
"The iM-4 is all-new and fits between Jimny and Vitara," he said."

We can believe this report as it is coming from Mr. Andrew Moore, Suzuki Australia General Manager Automobiles.

So, the spy shots in this thread is of an all new mini SUV, hopefully built on the Swift platform.

The Jimny (Gypsy in India) will get a new version, and most probably, it will continue to be a ladder-on-frame mini SUV.
Old 28th February 2015, 08:49   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

As iM-4 gets ready to be shown in Geneva, the YBA rendered based on the spy pics!(actually this could be the YBA)

A good looker, but hope the front chrome is optional.

Design language follows the New Vitara!
Name:  B4A2hlUcAAcsrd.png
Views: 37217
Size:  452.9 KB

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...95141568573440

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th February 2015 at 09:03.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 15:32   #65
BANNED

Source: http://en.responsejp.com/article/2015/03/05/245856.html

"Although its release date has not yet been disclosed, the development of the commercial model based on the iM-4 is already ongoing. Uchiyama said, "The color is not flashy with just silver and white. However, I believe that we displayed two units that stand out for Suzuki. We are thinking that it won't do any good even if we release the teaser vehicle as it is quite different from the mass-production vehicle."

That more or less confirms that IM-4 is the YBA spied above. There is no other Suzuki SUV spied other than YBA.
Old 17th March 2015, 16:38   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's most anticipated sub 4 m CUV to debut in Jan 2016. Speculated to be launched before the 2016 Auto Expo.

Expected to have the 1.0 l 'Boosterjet' egine from Suzuki.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/03/m...ry-2016-173334

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th March 2015 at 16:41.
Old 17th March 2015, 16:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

The larger S-Cross has wagon looks and the smaller YBA is close to SUV looks. Confusing and people may not be interested in S-Cross ?
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:56   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti YBA speculated to be launched as Vitara Brezza. The YBA’s design language has been derived from the iV-4 concept that has beecome the new-generation Vitara. A lot of design elements on the Vitara and the YBA are similar.

Quote:
The YBA looks a lot similar to the Vitara and it is likely to get the Vitara Brezza tag. The Vitara Brezza name has been already registered by Maruti Suzuki. The term ‘Brezza’ means breeze in Spanish. Maruti Suzuki has already finalized the trim levels for the YBA, it will get L, V, V+, Z and Z+ variants.
http://motoroctane.com/news/10766-ma...-vitara-brezza

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd March 2015 at 11:00.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:26   #69
Team-BHP Support

Vitara Brezza

Looks like that's the registered name for YBA. I think they also confirms the rumours that YBA is a cut short version of the new international Vitara?

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/46661828.cms
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 12:55   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti YBA speculated to be launched as Vitara Brezza.
If Maruti associates the name Vitara with this small SUV, I would like to highlight the following 2 points:

i) The pricing will be nowhere near the 6L mark. And that will push the price of SCross also upwards, making it another flop show. With such a pricing, the new 2015 Vitara - if ever it is launched here - will find more customers than the SCross, IMO.

ii) The IM-4 concept shown in the Geneva motor show is not this YBA. So, we can expect another small SUV priced under YBA.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 24th March 2015 at 13:00.
Old 24th March 2015, 13:05   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
i) The pricing will be nowhere near the 6L mark. And that will push the price of SCross also upwards, making it another flop show. With such a pricing, the new 2015 Vitara - if ever it is launched here - will find more customers than the SCross, IMO.
The price of Vitara Brezza (YBA) will be competitive to Ecosport in pricing.

S Cross pricing is speculated to start at 8 lakhs with the rage topping variant at 12 lakhs.

As said in earlier posts, Vitara Breeza as the name suggests will drawn design cues from the Global New Vitara in looks.

iM -4 will be a Mini Crossover - could be a new segment when released in India.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 14:14   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pictures of the YBA- (Vitara Brezza) surfaces, looks like the New Vitara 'restricted' to <4m length!

Quote:
Maruti YBA will get decent ground clearance of 200mm, good headroom then Ecosports, wider and long wheelbase to offer nice cabin space.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutiybasideview2.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutiybasideview1.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutiybaside.jpg
Quote:
Maruti YBA is expected to change the complete scenario of sub 9 lakh segments, as it is expected to offer an SUV like pleasure at the price of B+ segment model. YBA is expected to have a macho design with better ground clearance and more space than the Ecosport. Maruti YBA would also fea
ture some advanced make-up like the DRL’s, projector headlamps and Smart play music system. to be offered in four trims, V,V+,Z and Z+ in both fuel options. Maruti YBA will get same powertrain as of Maruti Ciaz i.e 1.3 Super turbo DDis & 1.4 K-series petrol. and in addition to that, it might get Suzuki’s 1.0 dual jet engine that is based on K-Series 998cc with dual injectors per cylinder.
http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzukis...ing-next-year/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 14:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

I think they should do away with the name Vitara for two reasons:

1.) The name will bring back memories of the Grand Vitara which was a flop in our markets.
2.) What if Maruti decides after a year or two to launch the Grand Vitara here? Would people be okay paying 10L for a Vitara Breeza and 18-20L for a Grand Vitara?
Old 30th March 2015, 15:38   #74
BANNED

I guess Maruti has made a clever balance between 'peace' and ruggedness. It is not made as an over-designed car either by adding tailgate-mounted spare wheel, over-aggressive front end, extra-sized wheel arches, or roof rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
...1.4 K-series petrol. and in addition to that, it might get Suzuki’s 1.0 dual jet engine that is based on K-Series 998cc with dual injectors per cylinder.
The 1.4 Petrol may be out of consideration, as it will not get the excise benefit for sub-4m cars. It should be the 1.2L NA, and 1L Turbo Petrol engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think they should do away with the name Vitara for two reasons:

1.) The name will bring back memories of the Grand Vitara which was a flop in our markets.
2.) What if Maruti decides after a year or two to launch the Grand Vitara here? Would people be okay paying 10L for a Vitara Breeza and 18-20L for a Grand Vitara?
1. I guess the other way. "A Vitara for 8L" may attract many sub-10L customers.
2. When even the international Vitara is a doubtful launch in India, there is no question of a Grand Vitara here (if one such car is designed at all)!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 30th March 2015 at 15:53.
Old 13th May 2015, 11:31   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Details of engine powering the YBA emerge.

Quote:
The other diesel engine to make its way to the Indian market will be a larger in-house developed 1.5-litre four-cylinder unit that will is expected to power the YBA compact SUV when it goes on sale next year.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ne-395024.aspx
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks