Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 14:54   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

After seeing pricing of a big-hatch S-Cross which MUL calls a crossover, I won't be surprised if MUL prices XA Alpha close to Fortuner's pricing. And I won't be surprised either by some people giving thumbs up to pricing and saying Suzuki is no less than Toyota.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 15:17   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
After seeing pricing of a big-hatch S-Cross which MUL calls a crossover, I won't be surprised if MUL prices XA Alpha close to Fortuner's pricing. And I won't be surprised either by some people giving thumbs up to pricing and saying Suzuki is no less than Toyota.
Cool down, man. Seems like you have some very negative experience from MUL. And from a Pro-Maruti person, you have become an anti-Marutian during these days!

I don't think Maruti is such a fool to price XA-Alpha above SCross. The pricing should be in the 6L - 8L range for Petrol and 7L-9L for Diesel.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 15:25   #108
BHPian

Any idea, whether this Compact SUV will be sold in regular MS showrooms, or this will also go into Nexa?
Also, the ACI rendering, to me looks more like a plastic cladded Celerio, than a Compact SUV. A half hearted attempt here, would only result in categorization of the car to the likes of Etios Cross, Cross Polo etc.
So far, we have not had any real competitor for Ecosport, as the Suzuki S-Cross / Hyundai Creta forming their own premium segments. Though cross shopping within the same budget is inevitable, Ecosport is still the unquestionable No.1 in the Compact Sub-4m SUV.
Old 13th August 2015, 15:39   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Any idea, whether this Compact SUV will be sold in regular MS showrooms, or this will also go into Nexa?
Also, the ACI rendering, to me looks more like a plastic cladded Celerio, than a Compact SUV. A half hearted attempt here, would only result in categorization of the car to the likes of Etios Cross, Cross Polo etc.
The YBA will be sold only through Nexa.

We have not seen the car in total, only spy pics here and there, hence unfair to comment on its looks.

It is speculated to look as a Baby Vitara which in that case is very positive.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 18:50   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I don't think Maruti is such a fool to price XA-Alpha above SCross. The pricing should be in the 6L - 8L range for Petrol and 7L-9L for Diesel.
I agree that Maruti is an expert in the Indian automotive context and i do have lot of regard for Maruti, but how in the world do you justify that the S cross 1.6 is priced at 17.5 Lakhs [OTR Bangalore]?? I mean its a class lower to Creta/XUV or most premium cars that costs 17 lakhs and may be calling this "foolish" will irk a lot of us Maruti lovers, but objectively speaking it is just ridiculous and sometimes feel its plain arrogance, may be to soften it we can call this as a "pricing experiment" from Maruti that flopped.

Now coming to the topic - the YBA, hope they learn and price this one sensibly, regarding looks - each his own, i do not feel people buy a Maruti for its awesome looks, The YBA as per the ACI rendering itself will appeal to a lot of people. Maruti knows what most of its existing customer base wants quite well and they should equip this one appropriately and will definitely go on to sell in huge numbers.
Old 13th August 2015, 19:56   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
I agree that Maruti is an expert in the Indian automotive context and i do have lot of regard for Maruti, but how in the world do you justify that the S cross 1.6 is priced at 17.5 Lakhs [OTR Bangalore]??
I am not saying that SCross is not overpriced. The 320DDiS is overpriced by a minimum of 1L.

What I am saying is, XA-Alpha - even if it is a proper SUV - will not be priced above SCross. After all, it is a sub-4m SUV.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 10:50   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
What I am saying is, XA-Alpha - even if it is a proper SUV - will not be priced above SCross. After all, it is a sub-4m SUV.
+1 to that. My guess is the pricing will be definitely in the range of Ecosport, or probably at a premium of around 50K for the Nexa brand.
Lengthwise it is going to be atleast 300mm smaller than S-Cross, and also it will also enjoy the excise duty cuts because of that.
S-Cross is sold at a starting price of around 8.34L Ex-showroom Delhi, and that too it is diesel. So, a petrol version of XA-Alpha should start at around 6L - 6.5L IMO.
Old 14th August 2015, 12:32   #113

Hi

Are there any updates on the 1L Turbojet Petrol engine being introduced for XA-Alpha?

http://www.maruticarsindia.in/2014/0...hatchback.html

The engine is not as POWERFUL as the Ecoboost but as it is coming from Suzuki, it is aimed to deliver better fuel efficiency.
Old 14th August 2015, 17:55   #114
BHPian

Maruti will be launching YBA by end of this year as per Motorbeam.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki will be launching its new compact SUV, the YBA by the end of 2015 according to company reports. The YBA is based on the XA-Alpha concept that was displayed way back at the 2012 Auto Expo and the vehicle will most likely be called the Vitara Brezza. The YBA was going to be powered by a new 1.5-litre diesel engine developed in-house by Maruti but the engine’s launch has been delayed by two years and hence the automaker will be plonking the 1.3-litre MultiJet diesel engine in the Vitara Brezza.

The Vitara Brezza has a boxy silhouette but the company’s designers have added sporty elements to make sure that the SUV doesn’t look bland. The vehicle is unlikely to get a petrol engine and it will be offered with only one engine. However, there is a slight possibility of Maruti offering the 1.6-litre MultiJet engine as an option on the higher variants but nothing can be confirmed right now. The Maruti Vitara Brezza might be made available at the company’s NEXA dealerships only, giving company to the S-Cross and the much-awaited Baleno (YRA) premium hatchback.

The compact SUV segment has seen a flurry of new products over the past two years and manufacturers are introducing more and more vehicles in the coming years. Mahindra, Tata Motors, Maruti, Volkswagen, etc. all of them will be launching their products in this segment to make the most out of the rising demand for compact SUVs. The Maruti Vitara Brezza will be priced between Rs. 6.5-9.5 lakhs approximately and it is likely to give a tough time to the Ford EcoSport, Renault Duster and Hyundai Creta.
Source: Motorbeam
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 17:30   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki YBA spotted testing with integrated DRLs. Turn indicators on ORVMs can also be seen.

Maruti is ready to launch the YBA this fiscal year in it's Nexa showrooms, with a sole 1.3L Diesel Hybrid option. Pricing is expected to be under the Rs.10 lakh-mark.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukiyba2.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukiyba.jpg

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki YBA, as we have told you before will get only one diesel engine. That diesel engine is getting hybrid-ed as standard, which will see its launch first in the Ciaz. Soon it should follow in the Ertiga, Swift siblings and may be later in the Ritz Tour too. Maruti wants to make sure they fully utilize the FAME incentives and earn profit and pass it on to the customers as well in terms of fuel efficiency.

Coming back to these fresh pictures we can see that the Maruti Suzuki YBA will get DRL headlight which sort of remind you of the Skoda Octavia.

Maruti Suzuki YBA is based on the Swift platform which is visible in the roof and A-Pillar design. Launch should be done before this fiscal ends as it seems production ready with those 15-inch alloy wheels.
Gaadiwaadi
Old 30th August 2015, 02:32   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Maruti-Suzuki YBA spotted testing with integrated DRLs...
I doubt this is DRL. It looks more like a pilot lamp / parking light to me. Especially with the headlights & park lights on, looks like an evening shot. If they don't provide DRLs in S-Cross, I doubt they'll do it in the YBA.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 12:55   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Maruti-Suzuki YBA spotted testing with integrated DRLs. Turn indicators on ORVMs can also be seen.

They have launched the S-Cross, Baleno is on the cards added to it another new launch this year? Seems pretty fast!
But, I really hope it happens! Still hunting for a car for my requirements!

Last edited by ampere : 30th August 2015 at 14:48. Reason: Formatted quoted sections
Old 30th August 2015, 22:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Maruti XA Alpha (YBA) Compact SUV caught with camo

From the looks, it is plain Jane. Doesn't look like it has any muscle to make it suv ish. Also the GC appears to be lesser than Creta or Ecosport. It indeed looks pretty low slung for the compact SUV. The C pillar is also awkward and the car perse looks like a taller version of celerio. why did they put in the same fog lamp from the swift?. It looks terrible on the Mini SUV. I guess the engine and the steering with Controls will also be shared then like in Ciaz. No ribbed roof or tail mounted spare wheel too. MSIL and futuristic designing never seem to intersect. I guess MSIL designers have designed a taller hatch than a Compact SUV.

Last edited by geeash : 30th August 2015 at 22:33.
Old 1st September 2015, 20:18   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's new launches spied again, now on road is the CUV.

YBA- Vitara Brezza spied.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukicompactsuvexterior56636.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukicompactsuvexterior56637.jpg

Quote:
This new vehicle will be the company’s first compact SUV/crossover and will be a sub four-metre vehicle. It will be based on the XA-Alpha concept unveiled earlier, so we can expect it to be bulked up and sport an aggressive fascia. The car will borrow design cues from the Vitara SUV and get exterior and interior styling elements similar to Suzuki's design language

http://www.carwale.com/news/19932-ma...d-on-test.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st September 2015 at 20:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 22:56   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

The Vitara Brezza aka YBA compact SUV has been spotted by the Gaadiwaadi team. It's tail-lights section can be seen in action.

This compact SUV offering from Maruti-Suzuki goes into sale from next year onwards with a sole 1.3L diesel option.

Quote:
Sub-4M SUV Maruti Vitara Brezza aka YBA Spotted with Ciaz inspired tail-lamps.

The rear-end shows the width of the bumper as well.

you can the front windscreen has this angular look, which is the A-Pillar that resembles to the Swift.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th October 2015 at 22:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks