Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 07:44   #121
BANNED

re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Vitara Brezza aka YBA compact SUV has been spotted by the Gaadiwaadi team. It's tail-lights section can be seen in action.

This compact SUV offering from Maruti-Suzuki goes into sale from next year onwards with a sole 1.3L diesel option.

[/center]

Looks good, imo. But the name vitara brezza will be a downer. My suggestion: vitara Light.
Old 18th October 2015, 13:51   #122
BHPian

sub 4 meter? no 1.6? no 4x4?

S-cross starting to appear a better option
Old 18th October 2015, 22:28   #123
BHPian

Looks good.
Its height seems to be neither too high nor too low, as can be seen in comparison to Indica in the pics but will save my verdict for its SUV-looks & profile untill it can be seen in real.
Rear profile seems to be too much inspired from Skoda Fabia but number plate lip & tail lamps are inspired from S-Cross, which inturn is a good thing. However horizontal laid & visible exhaust can can fetch mixed responses, atleast i don't like it too much & it would be better if Maruti Suzuki should cover it with some bumper skid plate.
Also can be seen is the slim SHVS emblem on its tailgate. With expectedly lower kerb weight in recent Maruti Suzuki cars, i expect this car to feature kerb weight in the range of 1050-1100kgs & all this coupled with 90PS DDiS200 engine, can give it edge in both performance, refinement & fuel efficiency which inturn is a very good thing & maybe a bit worriying issue for its rivals also.

To sum up, It seems that Maruti Suzuki is trying to play safe with taking care all of these aspects prior to launch, specially when the competition is very tough & offering too much in this segment. Truly, this space is getting very interesting to watch.
Old 19th October 2015, 11:06   #124
BHPian

Is there any possibility that this car could be launched with a CVT or AMT gear box, and hopefully on the top end trim?

The Baleno is a disappointment for me since the CVT is not available in the Zeta or the Alpha trims. I hope that the Vitara Brezza will end my search for that perfect automatic car.

Last edited by y2ksrs : 19th October 2015 at 11:08.
Old 19th October 2015, 12:12   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's next launch the sub compact UV is likely to come in the diesel variant only similar to the S Cross.

The 1.3DDiS is likely to be tuned in the 90hp/ 200 Nm( torque) configuration.

The YBA could be positioned between the Baleno and S Cross!

http://motoroctane.com/news/20377-ma...-diesel-engine

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th October 2015 at 12:21.
Old 19th October 2015, 13:57   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Is there any possibility that this car could be launched with a CVT or AMT gear box, and hopefully on the top end trim?

The Baleno is a disappointment for me since the CVT is not available in the Zeta or the Alpha trims. I hope that the Vitara Brezza will end my search for that perfect automatic car.
+1.

Us AT prospective buyers are confined to long waits and sighs whenever there is some information on the new launch or face lifts of the existing cars. Either they don't launch with AT variant (e.g., S Cross) or they are not on the highest variant (e.g., Jazz, Baleno, Creta) with all safety and comfort features.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 22:23   #127
BHPian

Nice looking crossover from Maruti. With 2500 mm of wheelbase , the track also seems to be over 1500 mm. The tyre size looks like 205/65R16 .If the body weight is kept less than 1050 kg I think DDIS FGT engine will be used. I will be delighted if DDIS VGT engine is used instead. It is for sure that this car will do better than Ford ecosport and TUV300 in the market. Fuel efficiency will be the master stroke ! It will surely attract urban customers as well.
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:30   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Vitara Brezza aka YBA compact SUV has been spotted by the Gaadiwaadi team. It's tail-lights section can be seen in action.

This compact SUV offering from Maruti-Suzuki goes into sale from next year onwards with a sole 1.3L diesel option.
Will this car be launched during or before the 2016 Auto Expo? I hope they do, for it would be an excellent way to pull crowds at the Expo!!

Might sound off topic, but what is MSIL's road map for launches (new models and facelifts) for the next year? I know that this and the Ignis are in the pipeline, but is there anything else too (like the update Dzire with DDiS, SHVS and AMT) ?

Last edited by y2ksrs : 22nd October 2015 at 22:38.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:38   #129
BHPian

IAB has a new report on the SUV

Quote:
Road tests of the YBA are underway in India, as a launch is scheduled to take place at the Auto Expo 2016 in February 2016.
Quote:
Sources have confirmed that the YBA will be powered by the same 1.2-liter K-Series petrol and 1.3-liter DDiS diesel engines as the Swift, as these are the most powerful engines for Maruti that take benefit of small car excise duty regulations. The petrol could be paired to a CVT, like in the Baleno, whereas the diesel will get a manual transmission.
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/10/m...latform-199608
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:25   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Might sound off topic, but what is MSIL's road map for launches (new models and facelifts) for the next year? I know that this and the Ignis are in the pipeline, but is there anything else too (like the update Dzire with DDiS, SHVS and AMT) ?
For what can be gathered from reports as of now seems like,

1. YBA Launch March- April 2016
2. Baleno with 1.0L boosterjet engine for India -Late 2016
3 New Ritz/Splash - ?
4. Ignis - Mini CUV - Late 2016
5. S Cross - Petrol variant ?
6. Wagon R (YJC)- 7 seater - Late 2016 ( Diesel/Petrol - AMT?)
7. Dzire - ( Facelift - SHVS, AMT - End 2015- Early 2016)

New Swift, Dzire , Ertiga, etc . based on the Baleno platform will likely be in late 2017/18.
Interesting to note that Suzuki's 1.5L diesel engine program is expected to be ready by late 2016, hence the products developed from the new platform could get this engine.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:07   #131
BANNED

Quote:
IAB has a new report on the SUV
It should be the same new modular platform of the new Baleno which will underpin YBA, IM-4 and next gen Swift.
Old 28th October 2015, 08:07   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India will start paying royalty to its parent Suzuki in rupee instead of yen for all new models starting with a compact SUV to be launched early next year.

Quote:
The move, aimed at insulating the company from foreign exchange fluctuations, is likely to result in an average royalty rate of 5 per cent of net sales as compared to 5.6 to 6 per cent for the existing models, which are paid in yen.
Quote:
for the existing models, from the Alto800 to the newest Baleno, the royalty will be paid in yen as it was based on the old agreement
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...rupee/49555697

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th October 2015 at 08:09.
Old 29th October 2015, 08:42   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Considering the imports of 1.6MJD, will Maruti Suzuki use them in the upcoming Vitara Brezza ?

Quote:
To be Priced Below 10 Lakh
Quote:
As far as the engine options for the Maruti Suzuki Vitara are concerned, the company will plan on bringing the 1.4-litre VVT petrol and a 1.3-litre multijet diesel, however considering that the 1.6-litre diesel has already made its way to India, Maruti Suzuki might just up the ante by loading it in the Vitara.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...0-lakh-1236954

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th October 2015 at 08:49.
Old 29th October 2015, 22:54   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Considering the imports of 1.6MJD, will Maruti Suzuki use them in the upcoming Vitara Brezza ?

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...0-lakh-1236954
If the price of Brezza has to be below 10 lakh Rs the 1.6MJD engine is out of question. In view of it's light body weight I think DDIS 200 would be the choice.
Old 30th October 2015, 23:06   #135
Senior - BHPian

According to IndiaCarNews, Maruti will showcase its new compact SUV in upcoming autoexpo, and the car will hit the market by April next year.

Pricing speculation is around 5-7 lacs(ex showroom) for it.

If Maruti wants to compete strongly with the likes of EcoSport, Duster, TUV300 etc, it has to make sure the prices are competitive and waiting period sensible.

PS - Looks like I have found replacement for my WagonR!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitaracompactsuvtopview.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-suzukivitaracompactsuv.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitaracompactsuvsideprofile.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 30th October 2015 at 23:09.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks