Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 21:57   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
All variants are just superbly spec'ed. The LDI is way more feature-rich than the Nexa Sigmas. Maruti is on a roll. If priced within 50k more than the Baleno; it will steal good sales from the Baleno.

Maruti is constantly making smaller brands likes Chevy, Nissan, Skoda irrelevant and scaring with muscle power bigger ones likes Honda, Toyota, Ford in the sub 4 meter segment.

Hyundai is the only one with resources that can fight Maruti looking at current scenario in the Indian market.
Cant agree more. Actually I am worried that they will price it over optimistically looking at the specifications.

If we see how aggressive the product development at MSIL, Hyundai, Mahindra has become these days, it feels like the other manufacturers(except Tata) are in deep slumber dreaming about cars delivering themselves to customers. Though off topic to this thread, it definitely contrasts the situation a few years back when Maruti and Hyundai were sitting on age old models and with limited bells and whistles and riding on the previously gained reputation. Even honda now looks damn lazy and riding on its bread and butter city.

If Brezza is priced well, not close to S Cross or Creta, it will definitely help Maruti gain some market share, let alone maintaining the current number. Time to invest in some stocks of Maruti
Old 28th January 2016, 22:25   #392
Senior - BHPian

Don't know what Maruti is smoking. They have a Automatic version yet fail to provide Cruise Control in the 'premium' Baleno. Yet the car hitting the regular showrooms is getting it.

How difficult it is to understand that Automatics should come with CC by default these days? Also now that AMT is going large scale, why not launch the ZDI+ or ZDI with AMT at the launch itself?

That said, the variants seem decently specced. I am loving this new generation vehicles that are getting equipped with more features than the top end vehicles of yesteryears.

Hopefully they get the pricing right and introduce a petrol option soon as well.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 22:28   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Various sources indicate the DDiS200 would come in the 90 HP VGT configuration and could have the SHVS mild hybrid to lower costs.

Or to further lower costs will it come in the 74HP configuration too?

Quote:
Maruti Vitara Brezza Expected Price It could be positioned aggressively in the Indian market with the expected price between 6.99 lakh and 9.98 Lakh for SHVS diesel hybrid engine.
http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...so-far-401721/
Old 28th January 2016, 22:30   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Rs. 5-8 lakhs is just surprisingly low for Vitara Breeza, and that too for the diesel variant. It's so difficult to believe the pricing.
Exactly. It seems too optimistic, too good to be true. And as farooq stated,
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Irrespective of the 75bhp or the 90bhp variant, in my opinion the price range of 5-8 is way too optimistic.

My guess would be a starting price of around 6.5
I guess we'll have to wait and watch and keep our fingers crossed

Last edited by wadewilson : 28th January 2016 at 22:37. Reason: Irrelevant info
Old 28th January 2016, 22:45   #395
BHPian

After Creta and Scross pricing fiasco, I don't want to speculate on any prices, for manufacturers always spring a surprise. Spec wise, it indeed comes with a lot of features, hope they use a heavier sheet as compared to the Baleno. Also give the 90 bhp tune and you will see a lot of Creta cancellations for sure.
Old 28th January 2016, 23:08   #396
BHPian

Slightly off-topic here, what would be the manufacturing cost difference to Maruti in terms of offering 74BHP vs 90 BHP?

Will there be any cost difference at all to offer a higher state of tune of the same engine?

I understand gearbox changes (if any) between the two tunes could increase some cost. What else?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
You forgot different turbo-FGT in DDIS190 vs VGT in DDIS 200.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks Shashi. Any idea on approximate cost difference that could come up between FGT & VGT? Apart from that any components that could add costs?

Last edited by mrbaddy : 28th January 2016 at 23:17.
Old 28th January 2016, 23:10   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Slightly off-topic here, what would be the manufacturing cost difference to Maruti in terms of offering 74BHP vs 90 BHP?

Will there be any cost difference at all to offer a higher state of tune of the same engine?

I understand gearbox changes (if any) between the two tunes could increase some cost. What else?
You forgot different turbo-FGT in DDIS190 vs VGT in DDIS 200.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 00:09   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

With the new specs revealed, I strongly believe that the Brezza was supposed to come via the Nexa route and later, the Baleno took it's position because of the S-Cross backlash. Maruti definitely would have wanted to keep the dealers happy with a hit product to recover the investment on the Nexa showrooms. I still believe the Brezza will come with a 90 bhp option for the simple reason it was supposed to be a "premium" product.

On the other hand, as I repeated, there is NOTHING premium about the Baleno; simply because it probably was never supposed to be a premium offering via Nexa. The presence of Cruise Control (reportedly) in the Brezza is another hint that it was supposed to be a Nexa product.

And why I think Brezza wouldn't be offered with a 75 bhp engine - the product was never designed or tested to run with a 75 bhp engine; they definitely wouldn't risk doing it at this late stage. I hope the Brezza has a decent build quality than the Baleno.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th January 2016 at 00:10.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 00:25   #399
BHPian

I've looked- not very hard admittedly- but it seems that there's no automatic in the Brezza line up? Man, if only they could come with a diesel automatic in the S-cross/ Baleno/ Brezza models, it would be fantastic.
C'estlavie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 07:10   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
All variants are just superbly spec'ed. The LDI is way more feature-rich than the Nexa Sigmas. Maruti is on a roll. If priced within 50k more than the Baleno; it will steal good sales from the Baleno.
If the ZDI+ with 90BHP tune is just 50K more than Baleno DDIS Alpha, it will bring heart burn to Baleno owners. I would be heart broken! who wouldn't want a commanding driving position at this price point??
Old 29th January 2016, 07:17   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Don't know what Maruti is smoking. They have a Automatic version yet fail to provide Cruise Control in the 'premium' Baleno. Yet the car hitting the regular showrooms is getting it.
Since Baleno CVT comes in Delta variant currently, Maruti would've hesitated to provide Cruise Control option. I think if they come up with an Alpha variant CVT, then they might provide one - but we can only speculate. Going by the waiting period of Baleno, it hardly could materialize.

Quote:
Also now that AMT is going large scale, why not launch the ZDI+ or ZDI with AMT at the launch itself?
AMT? I think if at all they provide automatics , then it will be CVT.

Quote:
That said, the variants seem decently specced. I am loving this new generation vehicles that are getting equipped with more features than the top end vehicles of yesteryears.

Quote:
introduce a petrol option soon as well.
I don't know why Maruti skipped on Petrol option - since Petrol cars are back in demand - you can see from the Baleno thread in Team-BHP itself, that lot of people are opting for Petrol. Also they have 2 capable mills - 1.2 and 1.4, but still decided to skip it
Old 29th January 2016, 07:54   #402
BHPian

Maybe I missed it, but do we have the dimensions of this vehicle. Just curious as to which territory this really falls into - the crossover, pseudo-SUV or a hatchback?!!

Looking at the speculated specs of ZDI+, i20 Elite is at least one notch below w.r.t the equipment levels. The top variant of Elite nudges 10 lakhs in Bangalore (on-road of course).

Would be a no-brainer hit if the price bracket falls close to that of i20, since the other compact SUV Creta is priced quite high.
Old 29th January 2016, 08:04   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Maybe I missed it, but do we have the dimensions of this vehicle. Just curious as to which territory this really falls into - the crossover, pseudo-SUV or a hatchback?!!
Maruti's Vitara Brezza is a Compact SUV( < 4m length) and will rival Ford's EcoSport and Mahindra's TUV 3OO and will sit below the S-Cross in the carmaker’s line-up.

Hope you now got the segment where it falls!

Earlier spy shots!
Name:  v1.PNG
Views: 4693
Size:  595.2 KB
Name:  vb.PNG
Views: 6597
Size:  522.0 KB
Name:  we.PNG
Views: 4602
Size:  434.5 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th January 2016 at 08:27.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:17   #404
Senior - BHPian

Maruti seems to be doing a Hyundai nowadays. The spec sheet reveals a vehicle loaded to the hilt. The only glaring omission is a petrol motor.

Guess, the 1.2 is a little too small for the CUV. And using the 1.4 from Ertiga will take it out of the small car tax bracket.

With the pace at which Maruti is turning these days, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Boosterjet on the Brezza soon.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:34   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you the Vitara Brezza, ready for launch?

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-vbb.png

https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarutiSu...otion?src=hash

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th January 2016 at 10:46.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed