Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2016, 07:35   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

Yesterday I saw that uberVIP option was available near office and took a ride till KR Puram. My payment method was through Credit Card. End of the ride, the cost of the ride was 108. But I wasnt charged anything. It shows in pyment that I was charged 0.0 to my credit card ending xxxx. I don't remember having got any free rides. Is it some promotion going on?
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:11   #497
Senior - BHPian

Got an email about uberMoto - 2 wheeler ride. From the estimate, a 20Km ride in peak Bangalore traffic will cost between 120 & 150.
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:23   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Got an email about uberMoto - 2 wheeler ride. From the estimate, a 20Km ride in peak Bangalore traffic will cost between 120 & 150.
Uber moto, the base fare is Rs.15 and Rs. 3 per km. so a 20 kms ride should not be more than 80-100 rs, yes unless they have a ride time charge for moto as well.
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:56   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Uber moto, the base fare is Rs.15 and Rs. 3 per km. so a 20 kms ride should not be more than 80-100 rs, yes unless they have a ride time charge for moto as well.
Yes, there is Rs 1/min ride time charge. Even Ola has launched bike ride - Rs 30 minimum, Rs 2/Km, Rs 1/min charges. But no Uber or Ola bikes near my home or office :(
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:44   #500
Senior - BHPian

Uber is good but recently I am seeing drivers cancelling trips if they are long. My dad once had a conversation with one of the uber drivers and it seems that Uber pays them a bonus if they complete 6 trips before noon, irrespective of distance. If true, its a real dampener. Why would anyone give bonus based on number of trips and not distance traveled? Maybe then they can get more money in terms of the fixed up front minimal cost?

Almost every trip which is greater than 20 kms gets rejected or the driver asks to end the trip and restart midway. The problem with this is that during restart, other drivers might confirm which is again a problem. Hopefullu Uber realizes this and sorts it out soon
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:45   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Yes, there is Rs 1/min ride time charge. Even Ola has launched bike ride - Rs 30 minimum, Rs 2/Km, Rs 1/min charges. But no Uber or Ola bikes near my home or office :(

thanks for clarification. yeah checked Ola no bikes near Manyata Tech Park which is surprising. however while i got the marketing email from Uber, old didnt send or share any email/text to update on the new service. weird or maybe i missed it
Old 3rd March 2016, 18:54   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yesterday I saw that uberVIP option was available near office and took a ride till KR Puram. My payment method was through Credit Card. End of the ride, the cost of the ride was 108. But I wasnt charged anything. It shows in pyment that I was charged 0.0 to my credit card ending xxxx. I don't remember having got any free rides. Is it some promotion going on?
This usually happens to me when I booked UberGo using my credit card. When I try to book the next trip, I get a message the last trip due is pending. The due need to be cleared to book further trips.
sakthishanmugam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:12   #503
JD1
BHPian

Uber and Ola bike service - I hope the biker/driver has good health insurance to counter any health issues after continuously driving hundreds of kms on bike each day :(
Old 4th March 2016, 21:23   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Uber and Ola bike service - I hope the biker/driver has good health insurance to counter any health issues after continuously driving hundreds of kms on bike each day :(
Though the bike services are innovative for markets like India, I wonder how these riders will cope the extreme conditions on our roads. Also, how will they maintain their business in rainy season? Or for the matter in hot sun?
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 21:36   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Also, how will they maintain their business in rainy season? Or for the matter in hot sun?
More than that, I hope the pillion is not charged for the ride time when both of them are waiting in shade for the rains to stop!
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 01:25   #506
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick update on Mega Cabs service to Bangalore airport - Now Rs. 700 flat drop to Bangalore airport from anywhere in Bangalore City.

I made call to customer care to make a booking. Rate offered to me was Rs.80 for first 4kms, Rs.19.50 per km thereafter + taxes.

I was told by my friends earlier that Mega offers flat Rs.666 drop to airport, from anywhere in Bangalore. I enquired about the Rs.666 offer.
The customer care lady said that it was valid for Online or Mobile App bookings, and not through customer care call centre bookings. I said Ok and proceeded with the booking.

Just before hanging up, she asked how did I come to know about the Rs.666 offer. I said my friends are frequent business travelers and use Mega cabs service.
The customer care lady immediately said that she set up my booking for the Rs.700 offer, and not the per km basis. I saved a cool ~Rs.350 !! Super impressed.

So now the Rs.666 has become Rs.700 offer.
I really appreciate the customer care dept of Mega Cabs, and particularly the lady who upgraded my booking to avail the offer.

People in Bangalore wanting to travel to airport, try Mega Cabs Rs.700 offer.

PS: I am nowhere linked to Mega Cabs. Just a super happy customer of their service that I availed today for the first time (I used Meru a lot till today).

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 5th March 2016 at 01:26.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 06:47   #507
BHPian

Read in newspapers the other day that UberMoto is illegal. Atleast in Karnataka. The transport department says the pillion rider cannot claim insurance and that both Uber and Ola have not obtained necessary licenses.

http://<br /> http://m.timesofindia....3606.cms<br />
Old 8th March 2016, 08:57   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Read in newspapers the other day that UberMoto is illegal. Atleast in Karnataka. The transport department says the pillion rider cannot claim insurance and that both Uber and Ola have not obtained necessary licenses.
Yes, according to current rules, there are illegal. But these companies are there to break the rules & change the rule
Old 8th March 2016, 09:20   #509
Senior - BHPian

Ambulance bikes being legal, paves the way for these to claim that their bikes are safe & can ply legally, if the government allows.

Food delivery bikes are not something from the 21 century, almost half of Dominos Pizza business was propelled through home delivery.

Actually since massive number of people in India got landline phones in 1990's, various items would often be home delivered by local grocery stores.

These legalities will be sorted out soon IMO. Going this way, these aggregators will maximize their 'reach' since they can easily operate in tier II & III cities and maybe even in some rural areas.

Only hope is these bikers shouldn't drive recklessly.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 8th March 2016 at 09:21.
Old 8th March 2016, 09:37   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Uber is good but recently I am seeing drivers cancelling trips if they are long. My dad once had a conversation with one of the uber drivers and it seems that Uber pays them a bonus if they complete 6 trips before noon, irrespective of distance. If true, its a real dampener. Why would anyone give bonus based on number of trips and not distance traveled? Maybe then they can get more money in terms of the fixed up front minimal cost?

Almost every trip which is greater than 20 kms gets rejected or the driver asks to end the trip and restart midway. The problem with this is that during restart, other drivers might confirm which is again a problem. Hopefullu Uber realizes this and sorts it out soon
+ 1.

I am a frequent Uber user when in Hyderabad - use their services at least once a day- and this is now a real sore point with me.

Both of the things you mention have happened with- drivers cancelling after accepting because they learned I had to travel long distances, and a driver asking me to cancel and rebook when I was in the cab and being taken to the airport.

This is happening because of Uber's payment model. If the cabbies do 10 (around that number) rides in a prescribed time, Uber pays them over and above what they would have earned on cab fare.

Below that number of rides, the cabbies make a lot less money. Hence their focus is on doing short rides, and get to the minimum number asap.

Customers are suffering because of this. It's really messed up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks