Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 16:52   #706
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Tweet with #olacabs and a link to this story. They will pick it up ASAP.

I have had good results with this approach so far.
Thanks.

I posted on their facebook page and they responded very positively.

Quote:
Olacabs We regret the inconvenience caused and the unpleasant experience faced. We are constantly working towards minimising such instances and trying to curb such unprofessional behaviour. We have forwarded your feedback and your experience to our team, who will be interacting with all the 3 driver partners to take corrective measures on priority. We certainly would not want any of our customers to face such Inconvenience. Hope to serve you better on your next ride.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 21:07   #707
BHPian

My experience - Uber is much better than Ola. Uber cabs are cleaner and drivers are well behaved compared to that of Ola. I have had my parents take Uber and they have never had complaints (until now! Touch wood!). I once travelled with a female colleague from office to home. The cab smelled bad and had mosquitoes in it! My colleague said to the driver "Why don't you use some kind of spray and keep your cab clean?!" To which he replied - "Not my cab, i am just a driver earning money".

I have also stopped taking Ola Share, multiple bad experiences with them. A trip which should take 45mins-1hr takes atleast 1:30hrs to 2:30hrs. The official rule is, if the "rider" doesn't respond within 5mins of the cab reaching the booking point the driver can "leave", but it rarely happens. I once waited for 15mins and another time for 20mins waiting for the rider to arrive (who eventually cancelled out). Why didn't i get out and take another cab you ask? Because, Ola Money!
bond_bhai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 03:01   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Because, Ola Money!

Well, Uber is a better choice as they support Paytm wallet. And of course, their cabs are cleaner and drivers better behaved that their Ola counterparts.
Also, drivers are very comfortable using the maps on Uber app as it accurately guides them to the pick up point.
Ola drivers just can't rely on their maps. Many of them have confirmed that it's unreliable.
Old 21st September 2016, 09:44   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Last night I landed at the Hyderabad airport at around 1 AM. Decided to take an Ola. Walked down to the Pick up point and booked a cab.

It was right in front of me. Loaded the luggage and then the driver asked if I will be paying with Ola Money.
I said yes.
He then made a story that he was low on diesel while I can clearly see the dashboard indicate almost 4 bars in the fuel gauge.
I was pissed and told him in clear terms that he can cancel the ride and if he has a problem with Ola Wallet he should not be working for them.
He dilly dallied for about 5-10 mins and cancelled the ride. I was charged Rs 50 as cancellation fee.
By now I am loud and taking him to task about this.

Then I book another Ola. Then find the car parked just 10 meters away. Walk down and the driver is missing. I call him a couple of times but he does not pick up and then he also cancels.

I then book another Ola. Now I am ready for a fight. As soon as I spot the cab the driver says he will not accept Ola Money. I blow up.
Tell him in clear words that there will be a complaint lodged and I will follow it up with Ola.

It is my understanding that this is not a one off incident.
Ola either educate your drivers or you will ultimately be the loser.
This happens a lot with Ola in Bangalore. When you book Ola and call the driver first thing they ask you how will you pay!

Last week my wife went to visit her brother near manyata Tech park. while returning it was almost 9 PM and she had taken a Ola cab. after reaching BEL corporate office gate, the driver asks her how will she pay for the ride. On hearing Ola money he asked her to get out and he ended the trip saying he doesn't have diesel in the tank, leaving her standing on the road side at that time in the night on a weekend!

Even though she got another cab and that driver too asked the payment mode but he eventually dropped her home.

I think this attitude towards Ola money has go to do with the weekly/fortnightly payment cycle followed by Ola to pay their drivers. If they are not regular on the payment front the driver would obviously want to be paid in cash.
Old 21st September 2016, 10:08   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Ola either educate your drivers or you will ultimately be the loser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
This happens a lot with Ola in Bangalore. When you book Ola and call the driver first thing they ask you how will you pay!
Reading this without any context makes one believe that these drivers are irresponsible. But just yesterday I had a conversation with an Uber driver in Delhi NCR that makes me feel there is more to it.

I was asking this driver if he drives just for Uber or both Uber/Ola and he mentioned that he is only with Uber. I ask him why and he says Uber is imaandari ka dhanda and Ola is beimaani ka (Uber is honest in its dealings, Ola isn't). He explained: Ola more often not finds ridiculous reasons to cut money from the fare or incentive promised to the driver. They make up reasons how the driver was late or didn't drive properly and so on.

Of course, this is all hearsay but given how regularly drivers refuse to ply if not being paid in cash, I am inclining towards giving them the benefit of doubt. They are fairly hand-to-mouth so they can't have large account receivables.

Uber drivers on the other hand have never asked me how I'm paying, nor do they protest on knowing I'm paying via Paytm.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 10:24   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
He explained: Ola more often not finds ridiculous reasons to cut money from the fare or incentive promised to the driver. They make up reasons how the driver was late or didn't drive properly and so on.

Uber drivers on the other hand have never asked me how I'm paying, nor do they protest on knowing I'm paying via Paytm.
Have heard similar reasons from Ola drivers here in Bangalore as well. With Uber its a completely different experience all together. They never ask the destination or mode of payment. Most of the time they follow the map and come to the pick up point without even calling.

But i have traveled in Taxi which used to be with both Ola and Uber and the attitude of those drivers is exactly what we experience with the Ola drivers on a regular basis
Old 21st September 2016, 10:52   #712
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With Uber its a completely different experience all together. They never ask the destination
Not anymore. Uber now makes you enter the destination in the app before you can confirm your request for a cab. I've experienced this in Pune and Delhi NCR so perhaps this is nation-wide.

I had asked a driver about it once: he said this is to enable Uber to better assign cars to customers based on where cabs are headed and when.
Old 21st September 2016, 11:31   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not anymore. Uber now makes you enter the destination in the app before you can confirm your request for a cab. I've experienced this in Pune and Delhi NCR so perhaps this is nation-wide.

I had asked a driver about it once: he said this is to enable Uber to better assign cars to customers based on where cabs are headed and when.
It ask us to enter the destination, but does not show it to driver till he starts the trip. So Uber guys used to ask the destination even though we had entered it.

I heard now, uber has changed the payment to number of kms/hrs of trip instead of number of trips, since Uber driver started rejecting longer trips to reach their target on number of trips.

Hope this basic flaw is now corrected for Uber.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 18:20   #714
Team-BHP Support

Uber has just made a significant enhancement to their services: the ability to schedule a future ride.

Although time will tell how effective and reliable this service is, the one hesitation you had while depending on Uber for that ride to the airport at 4am suddenly vanishes.

Quote:
Ride hailing app Uber has launched a feature for its riders that allows them to schedule a ride for as little as 15 minutes to a month.

The feature, Schedule a Ride, has been launched in about 20 cities across India for business travelers who use Uber rides for important meetings, appointments, trips to airports and stations, among others, Uber said in a statement.

Currently, scheduled rides is only available on uberGO and uberX.
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle9136245.ece

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd September 2016 at 18:21.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:19   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this mailer from Ola today.

For Bangalore Ola share users -

The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.-screenshot_20160922191121717.jpeg
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 20:21   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
It ask us to enter the destination, but does not show it to driver till he starts the trip. So Uber guys used to ask the destination even though we had entered it.

I heard now, uber has changed the payment to number of kms/hrs of trip instead of number of trips, since Uber driver started rejecting longer trips to reach their target on number of trips.

Hope this basic flaw is now corrected for Uber.
Uber now follows a total number of rupees earned model. There is a bonus for 1700Rs, 2500Rs and so on. This is what I heard when I was on an Uber. This should resolve the drivers not coming for long trips. It might make them unenthusiastic about short trips though.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 21:23   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Uber now follows a total number of rupees earned model. There is a bonus for 1700Rs, 2500Rs and so on. This is what I heard when I was on an Uber. This should resolve the drivers not coming for long trips. It might make them unenthusiastic about short trips though.
Again from hearsay, the drivers told me that they have both trip based and revenue based bonus. Apparently the drivers with lower ratings are put into revenue based scheme and those with a good track record are assigned to trip based revenue. Not sure if this is true or not but felt sensible to me. I got to know this when one day, a driver was cribbing about a 'new' scheme from that day based on revenue earned. However, the next day I asked a different driver how the new scheme was but he told he was under trip based scheme and he was not put under revenue based.

The third day, I asked a driver which scheme he was in and then he told the whole story. To correlate this, the first driver had a 4.1 star rating, whereas the second was 4.9 and the third was 4.7. But its a never ending race of strategy between the drivers and the company. Each one tries new tricks on the other and end of the day, I think the drivers and company revenue is just averaged
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 21:27   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Got this mailer from Ola today.

For Bangalore Ola share users -
Received same for Mumbai. Have to check out what's the catch. With their umpteen hidden charges, I have stopped paying heed to these much advertised fares.
Old 22nd September 2016, 21:43   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....I think this attitude towards Ola money has go to do with the weekly/fortnightly payment cycle followed by Ola to pay their drivers. If they are not regular on the payment front the driver would obviously want to be paid in cash.
Never had any of these questions whenever I took the Ola cab in Mumbai. And all the Ola guys who I talked to, was happier with Ola than Uber, having spent time with both. They all said Ola is better because the bonus is based on the number of trips across the day without any time limits while Uber had some peak time trips based bonus which was difficult to achieve.

All these guys said the (fortnightly) payment was really smooth too, and they never had to follow up.
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:04   #720
BHPian

Ola is building a layer over Google maps to identify popular malls and hotels.

This tech will make it convenient for the drivers to find the location of those who have booked their cabs.

http://<br /> http://m.economictimes...5110.cms<br />

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks