Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:33   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

What is the difference between Ola Micro and Ola mini? What cars do we get under each category?
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:50   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan
What is the difference between Ola Micro and Ola mini?
In My City

Quote:
What cars do we get under each category?
Its auto upgradable, so doesn't necessarily mean that you will get an Alto, in case Mini is booked.

As most of the time, I end up getting DZire with Micro/Mini
Attached Images

Old 3rd April 2017, 22:01   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Without hard proof its hard to prove the same to Uber (the double payment)
==========
So go ahead and report it, if you are lucky and above two instants are true in your case, it would be lot easier to get the refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Click on 'trips history', choose 'I would like a refund' and highlight the problem. Uber usually is very prompt in resolving such issues!
Thanks a lot for for the suggestions. The amount was refunded immediately. There is an option of double payment in the 'help' section of trip details.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th February 2019 at 13:48. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 12:50   #874
Senior - BHPian

I took a Uber ride from Bangalore Airport to my home yesterday.

A couple of km from the Airport , the driver took a left turn - a short cut through a mud road and exited at Chikkajalla( before the Decathlon office ) and then took the elevated road. He therefore bypassed the toll gate and paid no toll .

Most Bangalore folks will know that there's no toll collected while going to the Airport , toll is collected only during return and it's 125/-.

However , I noticed that Uber added 150/- to my fare for tolls & surcharges. Shouldn't this be reverted by Uber ?

EDIT : Noticed that a separate 125/- "airport service fee" is levied by Uber for Bangalore, this must be for their dedicated parking area. https://www.uber.com/airports/blr/ . I don't see this anywhere in my receipt ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.-uber.jpg  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 10th April 2017 at 13:01.
Old 10th April 2017, 12:55   #875
Senior - BHPian

Just tell Uber. They also observe deviations from the route and will act on it.

I am sure you'll get a 150 refund and maybe some discount code or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I took a Uber ride from Bangalore Airport to my home yesterday.

A couple of km from the Airport , the driver took a left turn - a short cut through a mud road and exited at Chikkajalla( before the Decathlon office ) and then took the elevated road. He therefore bypassed the toll gate and paid no toll .

Most Bangalore folks will know that there's no toll collected while going to the Airport , toll is collected only during return. However , I noticed that Uber added 150/- to my fare for tolls.

Shouldn't this be reverted by Uber ?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 12:29   #876
BHPian

Uber and Ola seem to have increased the rates quietly. My recent rides with a 50 Rs discount cost the same as non-discounted rides a few months back to the same destination. It seems like the net rate is closer to Rs 20/km. I don't get to see the rate card in the app and get to see only the net price when destination is entered. So it looks like dynamic pricing and days of discounted rides are over.
altius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 12:46   #877
Senior - BHPian

Jolt for Ola, Uber as banks decide to stop disbursing loans to drivers

Quote:
BENGALURU | MUMBAI: India's top lenders, alarmed by the rising tide of defaults on vehicle loans by drivers on ride-hailing apps, are applying brakes on fresh loan disbursals in certain cases and pushing to recover dues even as the once-speeding industry shifts to a lower gear to rein in costs.

With nearly a fifth of its loan book in Bengaluru defaulting, State Bank of India has stopped vehicle loans to drivers plying cars for Ola in the city. The southern metropolis is the country's largest market for ride-hailing apps.

"The total default amounts to Rs 60 crore in the city," said Gopal Krishan Kansal, chief general manager, small and medium enterprise, at State Bank of India in Mumbai, who decided to stop lending to drivers on the Ola network over the last few months. "We (still) disburse loans to Ola vehicles in Hyderabad and Chennai (where) the default rate is almost 7%," said Kansal.

Industry analysts estimate that some of the other key lenders for driver loans include ICICI Bank, Mahindra Finance and Tata Motors Finance. ICICI Bank declined to comment. Uber and Ola did not reply to emailed queries on the development.

Bankers are of the view that loan defaults started after drivers' incomes fell sharply as Uber and Ola cut down on incentives. The hit has been felt hardest in Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad, which account for the highest number of driver registrations on ridehailing platforms, according to analysts.
Read the full story here.

Last edited by AkMar : 25th April 2017 at 12:47. Reason: Changed title of post
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 09:47   #878
Senior - BHPian

Here's an interesting piece of news published in Bangalore Mirror.

Quote:
A techie from Mysuru, who was in the city, hired an Uber cab from the City Railway station to the Satellite Bus Stop, Mysuru Road. At the end of the 6-km ride, he got a bill that defied logic, boundaries of belief and even gravity – as it had shot up to Rs 5,325.

“I had to reach Mysuru early, but I missed the 3.30pm train and so decided to take a cab to reach the Mysuru Satellite Bus stand. I boarded the cab KA01G0590 at 4.30 pm. At the destination, the driver pressed the end trip button on his device. The bill amount showed Rs 5,352. I asked the driver, who told me that the current fare is Rs 103, and the rest is your previous balance. This, I could not believe as I was using Uber only for the second time in two years.”

When the driver called up the Uber call support, he was told to collect the amount in the bill and not allow the commuter to de-board.

An Uber official later said, “This was a technical error that was corrected, and we regret the frustration and inconvenience caused to the rider.
Link

Last edited by dailydriver : 5th May 2017 at 09:51.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 01:31   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

An interesting video about Uber and driver earnings

Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 16:16   #880
BHPian

A few weeks earlier a strange thing happened.
I was in bangalore and had to go to Mantri Square, Malleshwaram from the railway station. I ordered a UBER Go and booking Uber go means it a hatch back but a Toyota Etios arrived. I asked him if I booked an uber go only and he replied yes. I think uber X is there for sedans and uber go for hatches but then, why did an etios come?
Old 4th June 2017, 16:55   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
I was in bangalore and had to go to Mantri Square, Malleshwaram from the railway station. I ordered a UBER Go and booking Uber go means it a hatch back but a Toyota Etios arrived. I asked him if I booked an uber go only and he replied yes. I think uber X is there for sedans and uber go for hatches but then, why did an etios come?
Driver can downgrade his vehicle to go and take those bookings if there is more demand for that segment. You might even get Innova for Go, but not the reverse..
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 18:28   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Happens all the time. Some drivers who are looking for more rides - even if it means lower fares, enable flexibility in the app to let their cabs be booked for lower segment as well.

Its a win-win situation for both. Cabby gets business, the customer gets free upgrade.

P.S. Just travelled in a Hyundai Xcent and Honda Amaze as UberGo rides few days back.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 07:59   #883
Senior - BHPian

Enjoyed listening to the latest movie music during your last trip in an Ola cab? Well, it could have been a stolen song .

The Hindu reports that the Bengaluru police have registered a case against the CEO and CTO of Ola because they
Quote:
downloaded songs from unreleased films through a Singapore-based server and were playing them in their cabs running in different metros.
The police have
Quote:
raided the Ola office (ANI Technologies) on JB Nagar and seized the servers and other electronic gadgets that were used to download and transmit songs to the Ola cabs.
Ola has refuted the allegations saying that the facts
Quote:
reported in the media regarding the management of OLA are unfair and without basis. It appears that the management of Ola has been dragged into this issue with a mala fide intention.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:16   #884
BHPian

http://<br /> http://www.latimes.com...ory.html<br />

Travis Kalanick, co-founder and chief executive of ride-hailing company Uber, resigned Tuesday, just a week into a leave of absence meant to quell concerns about his management style.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 20:38   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Enjoyed listening to the latest movie music during your last trip in an Ola cab? Well, it could have been a stolen song .

I can totally see Ola doing that. However, what I remember from my last few prime rides, they use an Apple Music variant for their prime cabs.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th February 2019 at 13:49. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks