Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 21:43   #1051
BHPian

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

I think a majority of the cars are Dzire and Etios. As we know, Etios is discontinued. Dzire is petrol only. I wonder what the cab guys are buying? Amaze, Aura etc are not selling in high numbers. Does that mean, no new cabs being added?
Old 6th January 2021, 22:20   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I think a majority of the cars are Dzire and Etios. As we know, Etios is discontinued. Dzire is petrol only. I wonder what the cab guys are buying? Amaze, Aura etc are not selling in high numbers. Does that mean, no new cabs being added?
Smaller cars like Alto and Celerio petrol and CNG and Dzire/Xcent CNG.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 22:26   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Lots of used yellow board cars are now flooding the market since people who got it during the taxi boom are now unable to pay EMI. Hence I dont think there will be as much as taxi sales as earlier. I have also seen a few Celerio CNG taxis lately in Bangalore, but maybe two of them.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 17:12   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Ola, Uber run into licence trouble in Karnataka (ToI report)

Quote:
In 2016, both aggregators received licence from the department to run taxis in the city for five years under Karnataka On-Demand Transportation Technology Aggregators Rules. While Ola’s licence expired in June 2021, Uber’s was in December.
Old 24th June 2022, 09:37   #1055
Team-BHP Support

There's never smoke without fire; and such rumours have an ugly habit of being true.

Uber, reportedly, was considering exiting the Indian market.

Quote:
According to a report by Bloomberg, the United States-based company had begun mulling alternate options and reached out to multiple interested parties after it realised that it had little potential for profitable expansion across India.

According to the news agency, the people, who did not ask to be named, also said that Uber weighed in on a “stock swap with local companies or even a pullout", before the plans were upended by a global equity market rout. “A stock deal was favored in exploratory talks as that would allow Uber to retain a foothold in India," the people said, as per the report by Bloomberg.
Uber has replied that this is "categorically false".

Quote:
“Bloomberg’s reporting is categorically false. We have never explored exiting India — not even for a minute,”
https://www.news18.com/news/business...t-5426263.html

Note that Uber sold off Uber Eats to Zomato in 2020.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 10:24   #1056
Senior - BHPian

I started using Uber/Ola cabs very recently, after a two year gap due to the pandemic. And I currently prefer autos instead of cars, because it is open on both sides with good ventilation. I took a car a few days back, the app showed the driver's name and the car (Dzire). But an old Indica turned up, with the same driver.

Nowadays same car/auto fellows drive for both Ola and Uber. Multiple bookings get cancelled sometimes. And they want cash. Most accept UPI payment though.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 21:16   #1057
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any suggestions for local cab rentals (hourly basis) in Bangalore ?

I have tried Quick Ride, but their agents are barely able to communicate when any follow-up is required. I hate to think about the situation if there is any issue..

Looking for suggestions where I have to rent a cab for my mother. Note - this query is about hourly rentals and not regular rides.
Old 24th October 2023, 07:19   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

I have tried Quick Ride, but their agents are barely able to communicate when any follow-up is required. I hate to think about the situation if there is any issue..

Looking for suggestions where I have to rent a cab for my mother. Note - this query is about hourly rentals and not regular rides.
Try Savaari, they are a cab aggregator and I have always had good experience with them.

Another option I have used is Rideally.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 07:49   #1059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Try the electric providers. Blu Mobility and Shoffr. Both now offer hourly rentals. Have used both for airport drops couple of times. Clean cabs, on time and drivers are polite and communicate well.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks