Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2014, 20:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

A lot of these car companies do not have apps for Blackberry and cater to Android and IOS. have used Taxi for sure twice in the last week and Tabcabs once . Pretty satisfied with the service.
Old 27th November 2014, 22:31   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
How Reliable are OLA for Airport drop , I have a flight early morning at 5-30am and thought of going with Meru.
Any other good taxi drops from Marathahalli to Airport apart from OLA.
I have tried OLA as well as Taxi for Sure. They are equally good. You will save around Rs. 5-7/km by them when compared to MERU.

I would personally prefer OLA. '' When you meet the cab driver, don't say Hello, say OLA !''

Old 27th November 2014, 23:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Everything said, I have noticed a rather predictable behaviour in almost all the cab service providers here in NCR. There is no instant confirmation: it is not due to any system checks or availability IMHO. They gauge the distance you need to travel, and if it is a few kilometers with billing in the tune of 200-300 rupees they revert to you saying cabs not available. Very convenient! I have noticed this on far too many instances to be passed off as a coincidence. On the other hand, on the busiest of time slots, if I need to travel, say, 50-60kms (yes NCR is thaaaat big ) I got a confirmed cab each time. The cab company might not be owning all the cabs, and it is sub contracted probably, with the "real" owner checking if the "case" makes a high margin or not! Each time, after settling the bill, I have this cabbie grinning and offering me his direct number to hail him and he will go at a flat xx/km with all inclusive etc etc. What say? Hearsay?
I don't think so. Most of the times, I have not put my destination. I just book the cab on my app.
I don't think it's mandatory to enter your destination while booking your cab.
Old 27th November 2014, 23:48   #64
BHPian

I use Uber, am a happy customer. The drivers of typical Uber cars are the owners themselves. They are also happy because of the flexibility provided and the promptness of payments to them. One of them said not having cash with them is an added advantage because of trouble with change and also mugging incidents on even cab drivers. But they need to manage for fuel on their own till the payments are due.

One of the drivers mentioned he sometimes gets picks from 3-4 KMs from actual pick up point, especially during peak hours, customers typically ask to start the meter from were the driver is. Looks like Jugaad works as beneficial for both the parties.

Taxi for sure has its negatives. They run on fixed rates for some points, like trips to airport. I have read few complaints on rude behavior when asked for pick ups enroot as detours might be costly for the driver because of the fixed cost.
Old 28th November 2014, 00:15   #65
BHPian

The new age taxi services are like godsend for people of Bangalore. I have become a regular user of Uber, due to their better than normal service and rock bottom fares. The free rides and offers acts as the icing, which is too good to believe. A major relief from the rude, "ready to milk" autowallahs who thought they will always have the uppper hand. A recent article in one of the dailies say that they have petitioned the Rickshaw unions to reduce fares to match the new taxi services. What they should really understand is that they need to change their attitude rather than thinking of reducing fares and become more customer oriented. If that happens, people will definitely go to them without even fare reduction. I feel that they are missing that key point.
Old 28th November 2014, 09:41   #66
Team-BHP Support

I was pleasantly surprised by Savaari Cabs.

The Bangalore Airport pickup /drop were booked for me by an agency in Delhi. Got an SMS in advance and taxi arrived in time (forgot - there was a screw up on the pick up time but the call centre sorted it out). Return was also efficient, cab driver told me where exactly to stand.

Cars were clean and drivers polite
Old 28th November 2014, 11:48   #67
BHPian

has anyone reported this yet?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7717...86314/?fref=ts
Old 28th November 2014, 12:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to book Uber cabs a couple of hours in advance? And just like Meru cabs would cancel the booking at the last minute, can Uber do so too?

I'm particularly interested in knowing whether I can rely on Uber for airport pick/drops instead of Meru Morons who have cancelled the cabs at the last minute leaving me stranded
Old 28th November 2014, 12:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Is it possible to book Uber cabs a couple of hours in advance? And just like Meru cabs would cancel the booking at the last minute, can Uber do so too?

I'm particularly interested in knowing whether I can rely on Uber for airport pick/drops instead of Meru Morons who have cancelled the cabs at the last minute leaving me stranded
No you can't book Uber in advance. Uber works only when you need a taxi immediately. You can try Ola. In Bangalore Ola has the best service IMHO.
swaroop_babu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 15:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroop_babu View Post
Uber works only when you need a taxi immediately.
Then I can't really rely on this for my office related airport runs. I mean if I decide to take their service and no car is available in the vicinity then I wouldn't really have any alternative at that time.

My neighbourhood taxi service provider seems a better bet in such situations. He'd come at least 10-15 mins early, give me a ring on reaching and I always leave on time, no issues whatsoever.
Old 28th November 2014, 17:10   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Then I can't really rely on this for my office related airport runs. I mean if I decide to take their service and no car is available in the vicinity then I wouldn't really have any alternative at that time.

My neighbourhood taxi service provider seems a better bet in such situations. He'd come at least 10-15 mins early, give me a ring on reaching and I always leave on time, no issues whatsoever.
Just curious. Why use any other service in that case? This neighborhood taxi guy seems to be the best provider for you.
Old 28th November 2014, 17:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Just curious. Why use any other service in that case? This neighborhood taxi guy seems to be the best provider for you.
His services are expensive is why. He charges 800 rupees while Meru/Quick cabs would cost me ~450 rupees or even lesser. His fleet is of regular Eco / Dzire taxis, just better seat covers.

I think pickup from airport is when I miss a good taxi service. The prepaid taxis are good from the pricepoint but the taxi condition is worse of the lot. Services like carzonrent cost 250%-300% when compared to prepaid taxis.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 17:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
His services are expensive is why. He charges 800 rupees while Meru/Quick cabs would cost me ~450 rupees or even lesser. His fleet is of regular Eco / Dzire taxis, just better seat covers.

I think pickup from airport is when I miss a good taxi service. The prepaid taxis are good from the pricepoint but the taxi condition is worse of the lot. Services like carzonrent cost 250%-300% when compared to prepaid taxis.
For me, pickup from the airport (RGIA Hyd) is a breeze... because of the Radio Taxis available there. (Meru/Skycabs) We can just go to that pickup point and get into a waiting taxi. No need to prebook. It is the drop off that I am worried about.

Overall I find Uber to be the best experience for me in Hyderabad. When I don't get a cab from Uber, I either drive myself or postpone the trip by a couple of hours and secure a Meru.
Old 28th November 2014, 19:17   #74
BHPian

Oh well, meru's service is totally unrealiable when it comes to their new wallet service. Most of the times it doesn't work and they have a simple solution - pay by cash.

That's one horrible service.
Old 28th November 2014, 21:03   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin49
Best thing to come out of this is death of the auto rickshaw is near . Taxi For Sure is about to launch Nano based cabs which should help bring down the costs to the level of a typical autorickshaw. Others cab operators should follow suite.

I do hope the demise of the Auto is hastened by the govt increasing the fares of the rickshaw by about 20-25%. Thats one price rise I would gladly welcome !
Nice one! I fully agree with the sentiment here. Having been ripped off by abusive auto drivers and by their altered-meters, I am eager to see how they react to their loss in business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks