Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 19:00   #421
BHPian

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

I was just looking for some feedback on dependability of Ola/Uber in Hyderabad.
Searched this thread and I don't see many posts in this regard, moreover the ones I found look negative lately.
I mostly use my car around, but needed to drop a relative to railway station in afternoon, looks like will have to pull myself up for the task.
Old 5th November 2015, 07:17   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
I was just looking for some feedback on dependability of Ola/Uber in Hyderabad.
Searched this thread and I don't see many posts in this regard, moreover the ones I found look negative lately.
I mostly use my car around, but needed to drop a relative to railway station in afternoon, looks like will have to pull myself up for the task.
I used to live in Hyderabad until last month. I have used Uber many times. I find them very reliable. I haven't used Ola at all in Hyderabad.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 09:22   #423
BHPian

Have used ola and uber a lot of times in hyderabad , and had no problems whatsoever. The one time the driver cancelled for a 4.45 am airport drop , I was able to track it and found he was sleeping nearby and called him to come pick me up and he was there in 5 mins . And I must add I live in the outskirts of the city, inside the city you should have no problems getting a cab from either one of them.
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 11:28   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have used Uber many times. I find them very reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Have used ola and uber a lot of times in hyderabad ,..
Thanks folks .. that is reassuring!

Quote:
The one time the driver cancelled for a 4.45 am airport drop , I was able to track it ...
Well that's something I remain wary of, have used always Meru for morning airport runs - costlier but the cab is always there 15-30 mins before time.
Old 5th November 2015, 12:55   #425
BHPian

he was here early , then kept an alarm and slept off in the car , hoping to wake up. Luckily i woke him up
Old 7th November 2015, 05:02   #426
BHPian

Please don't upload anyone's personal details on the forum

Dont know whether this is the correct post, but i would like to share with everyone the contact number of this guy who is an OLA driver. This guy had the balls to abuse me without any reason. Just sharing his details

Last edited by GTO : 9th November 2015 at 10:40. Reason: Please don't upload anyone's personal details on the forum
Old 7th November 2015, 07:41   #427
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much money does an Uber / Ola driver make?

What was the reason for him to start abusing you? Is that because of some rates issue / discounts / coupons that you wanted to use / your destination distance / timing of the booking?
Old 7th November 2015, 11:49   #428

Re: How much money does an Uber / Ola driver make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Is that because of some rates issue / discounts / coupons that you wanted to use / your destination distance / timing of the booking?
I guess sometimes, they abuse for weird reasons.. Like if you say that the bill will be paid from Ola money, they give you a very bad ride.. Or, if you ask them to switch on the A.C, some of them show frustration. There was even a case when a driver had a movie running on a large screen in the front. I asked him to stop it, and he seemed visibly angry.

I found the Ola 'Prime' drivers to be the best. No wonder they deserve that extra incentive Ola gives them
Old 7th November 2015, 23:23   #429
BHPian

I think the honeymoon is over.

I've been posting feedback on Taxi for sure and OLA fb/twitter, repeatedly. Their drivers are behaving like the typical auto rickshaw drivers, these days they insist on knowing the destination and I am seeing repeated cancellations. And the destinations i've chosen are well within city limits and the popular destinations/roads. some of them even start the trip and bill for a ride that i never took. The moment you report these issues, customer care would reverse the changes, but the agony is not sorted. In addition, some of the drivers share their frustration, it seems they are terribly upset with the change of incentive plans etc. and they feel some of the routes are not good to drive so they keep declining.

And twice i had drivers who were terribly sleepy and they were trying to drive through the traffic with so much of struggle. I then engaged them in conversations and reached destination. Obviously they were driving very slow but sleepy driving is good reason to have an accident.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 00:12   #430

Love this new concept of OLA Share. Have booked several times. Till yesterday it was Rs 50 flat all over the city. From today the rates have increased, but still its 50 % off on the price of shortest distance between 2 places. Love the rides especially when OLA prime is allotted on Ola share. The other Ola mini drivers on are not really pleasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
In addition, some of the drivers share their frustration, it seems they are terribly upset with the change of incentive plans etc.
And twice i had drivers who were terribly sleepy and they were trying to drive through the traffic with so much of struggle. .
Today I booked a OLA share ride (Carpooling) late evening. The driver was a visibly frustrated chap (may be after a long day of work) . He was saying that Ola is not good. Ola money system is bad, people must pay in cash etc etc. And he did not like the OLA Share concept either, because one would need to pick up and drop passengers on the way. Anyways till the end of the trip, I was the only one, and there were no fellow passengers.
Old 17th November 2015, 11:04   #431
Senior - BHPian

I had a disappointing experience with these Taxi aggregators recently.

We had an marriage engagement party to attend last Saturday, and we decided to take on demand taxi instead fo taking own car due to heavy traffic.

I booked an Uber cab from my residence in Dwarka towards the farmhouse in south Delhi. The driver was middle aged, and drove sensibly, and got us to our destination in time. So far so good.

The trouble started when I started looking for return cab. It was only 11.30 PM, not too late by any standards.

My first attempt was to book an Uber Taxi. The first thing that i noticed that very few cabs available in the area during that time. Note that during day/evening hours, there are atleast 5-6 Ubers in the area as seen in the App. But it seems they have lesser number of dedicated night drivers.

My ordeal started after booking. I made 4 attempts, each time driver asked me to Cancel the booking giving some excuse or another, most common being that they cannot go to Dwarka as its closing time for them and they would rather go in the direction of their homes !

Not only that, the drivers asked meto cancel for some reason (Maybe they have some penalty for cancelling themselves). And to my shock, after 5 or 6 cancels from my side, Uber deducted cancellation charges of Rs. 80 from my Paytm account.

The next time i tried with Ola.
The cab driver arrived quickly. As soon as we sat in the cab, he exclaimed "Sir galti ho gaya. I Pressed Stop trip instead of Start trip". And i could see trip ended with a charge of Rs. 169 (!!) even though we did not move an inch. I quickly moved out of this cab as i smelled something fishy. My Ola cab App showed an outstanding of Rs. 169 for this trip, which did not even start !

Next try was with Meru Cab. This time instead of using the app i called their call center directly. They offered the cab after a wait of 1 Hour. I did not take this, as i knew even after waiting for an hour there is always a chance of driver calling me and canelling trip in the last minute!

Finally at about 12.15 am got an Uber driver who was willing to go towards my residence direction. He did mention that its his last trip for the day and his house is nearby my area (hence my goodluck i thought !).

Next day mailed both Uber and Ola for the unfair practise and charges. Both got reversed and i was told that drivers will be investigated.

Moral of the story:

Do NOT rely on the taxi aggregators if you plan to travel at night. If at all, book well in advance. Its still better to book an hourly package cab for late night functions. I made the mistake of ad-hoc booking, which cost me and my family nervous moments, do not want others to go through the same ordeal.

Last edited by DCEite : 17th November 2015 at 11:06.
DCEite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 15:59   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

You gotta appreciate OLA!

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle7887635.ece

https://twitter.com/hashtag/olaboat?...twgr%5Ehashtag

Talk about reaction time of the startups. Someone created a meme on OLA Boats; next day Ola launches Ola boats for helping marooned people.
Old 17th November 2015, 18:11   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Do NOT rely on the taxi aggregators if you plan to travel at night. If at all, book well in advance. Its still better to book an hourly package cab for late night functions. I made the mistake of ad-hoc booking, which cost me and my family nervous moments, do not want others to go through the same ordeal.
I have had bad experience when I booked well in advance. The driver called me an hour earlier and asked me to board the cab. When I told him that it was too early, he simply asked me to cancel the cab. Wasn't willing to wait for an hour since it was waste of his time.

I refrain from using cab or auto whenever possible. Our cars are the best! Zoom is next best option.
Old 20th November 2015, 16:43   #434
BHPian

Have any of you encountered peak charges on Ola & Uber. Coming in from Whitefield at about 6pm, i have seen peak charges go as high as 5x. This is crazy to say the least. There needs to be a regulatory authority that fixes the ceiling for these cab services, else we would be left at their mercy
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 17:36   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Have any of you encountered peak charges on Ola & Uber. Coming in from Whitefield at about 6pm, i have seen peak charges go as high as 5x. This is crazy to say the least. There needs to be a regulatory authority that fixes the ceiling for these cab services, else we would be left at their mercy
subraiyr, what would you prefer:
No taxi (but fixed rate) OR taxi at surge price?

Last edited by alpha1 : 20th November 2015 at 17:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks