Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 13:13   #91
BHPian

Finally: 2015 C 220 CDI (W205) comes home

After a long period of visiting showrooms and test driving cars, we were able to finalise on a 2015 black C 220 CDI (W205). The car was purchased from T&T Gurgaon and I must say my customer experience was pretty spot on, including a 2 day test drive

The Cars we had considered included:
  1. BMW 3GT
  2. Mercedes Benz E class
  3. Audi A6
  4. Mercedes-Benz ML
  5. Jaguar XF
  6. Volvo XC 60

Pros
  • Ride qulaity is sumptuous
  • Interiors are a generation ahead
  • Car looks real good
  • Interior quality is sublime
  • Features galore
  • All new design language
  • Paddle Shifters on steering

Cons
  • Steering is slightly inaccurate at low speeds (may just be me)
  • Doesnt corner like a BMW
  • Back seat under-thigh support is below average
  • Would have preffered more power

Background
My father had been happily using his 2012 E350 CDI (W212) for about 3 years. This was his 3rd E class and the he was all geared up to get his 2015 facelifted E class. However, we checked prices and were in for a shocker. The facelifted E350 CDI was retailing at above 65+ lacs whcih IMHO was not worth it. Anyway, we were about to go on holiday for a 3 weeks and he sold the car and said he would take a call once we were back as we have a BMW 525d and he was okay using that for the time being.

Once back, we checked out the Volvo XC60 first as it was around the corner from our house. The car was slightly dated including looks and functionalities but pricing wise is pretty good. However, due to the badge my dad wasnt too convinced about putting down that kind of money.

BMW got in touch with someone at my dads office and offered us a test drive of the 3GT. I told them to us me know if they would be able to let us use the car for a couple of days to which they surprisingly obliged. I was pretty impressed with the 3GT especially the way it looks and the rear leg room but the underpowered motor and already having a BMW at home did not help its casue

We checked out the XF which my dad loved but I wasnt too happy cause of the old shape, we had considered the car 3 years ealier only to have gone again with the E class. We felt the A6 was a good package at a good price point but felt it was at the end of its product life cycle.

We had considered the ML but due to launch of the GLE in the near future, I was pretty sure that it was not the car to have.

Before leaving for my trip, T&T had sent across a silver W205 C220 CDI (CBU) for a couple of days. I was the one primarily using it as I had some free time on my hands and my father doesnt normally have time for these things during the week.
Honestly, I was blown away. The car was a pleasure to drive, had all bells & whistles and was a stunner. Just had to figure out a way to convince my dad.

Over our vacation, I spent quality time with my dad and kind of convinced him how the C was the car to have and he can use the 5 series as back space is the same- He has a driver who drives him and rarely drives himself during the weekdays. He was not too happy as he felt the 5 suspension was on the harder side but he normally finds it hard to say no to his son . We had a couple of debates on Petrol vs Diesel but he finally got his way.

So we got quotes from both Silver Arrow and T&T (Mercedes Dealers in NCR). Although, Silver Arrow gave us a better price to start with but T&T matched them and due to our old relationship and exceptional customer service, we booked with them. We payed extra for Navigation and reverse parking sensors.

The Car
Have driven about 400 Km and the car is already in the workshop due to an over excited auto driver. The car is due to come back on Friday and will write a comprehensive review once I hit about 2000KM.

The Question

I find the car slightly under-powered especially after driving bigger engines. I have found out tha RaceChip does a tuning box for the C220 CDI and gains are around the range of 20%.
  • Would it void my warranty? (Big concern)
  • Can I do a DIY install?
  • Will I feel the gain substantially?

Thanks in advance Guys. Look forward to your thoughts.

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-fullsizerender.jpg

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-fullsizerender2.jpg

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-fullsizerender3.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2015 at 13:18.
rohanGT is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 14:21   #92
BHPian

Re: Finally: 2015 C 220 CDI (W205) comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanGT View Post
After a long period of visiting showrooms and test driving cars, we were able to finalise on a 2015 black C 220 CDI (W205).
Nice car

I drive my dad's C250 Bluetec (picture below) on and off, and love it. I still can't get used to the HUD though. Passed 15,000 kms last week, and the engine has become even better, its noticeably smoother and also the fuel consumption has reduced, from 6.1L/100km to around 5.7L/100km.

You will continue to love your car as the days go by.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-c250-bluetec.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2015 at 14:35. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Jeeper1941 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 13:11   #93

Re: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi

Hello Fellow Team BHPians,

Recently got the new C Class C 220 CDI for my father on his birthday. The decision was pretty straight forward. My father admired the three point star more than the Audi, BMW or the Jag. The E class is due to be replaced next year so no point in buying it at the moment. The C was the only option for us.

Have driven it for 1300 kms so far on Hills, Highways, good and bad roads and here is my initial feedback.

The acceleration is fantastic and overtaking is a breeze. Handling is good and the car stays composed in tight hilly corners. The rear tends to slip out a bit while braking on potholes and reminds you very softly that you are driving a RWD afterall.

The rear seat is disappointing. It is only meant for kids and people under 5'2". The under thigh support is virtually missing and since the low sitting position aggravates this even further. My Honda City, Innova and Civic offer better rear seat comfort for sure.

The Car has some flaws not expected from Mercedes.

1. All 4 doors are squeaking like crazy. I oiled the rubber insulation lining on the doors and the body and the noise disappeared.
2. The driving seat is not properly aligned. My head does not sit in the centre of the headrest. And the difference can be felt all through the seat. It is definitely mis-aligned and need to be aligned again.

[b]So the big question is ? Is the new C class it worth its salt (or any luxury car for that matter be it the Audi or the BMW).

The fact that it was on my fathers wish list for a long time and made him happy. YES. Otherwise, the Hondas and Toyotas and VWs are just as good for your daily driving needs. These cars are merely a status symbol. Nothing more.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-mercedes-c.jpg  

anujgarg1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 14:20   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujgarg1 View Post

1. All 4 doors are squeaking like crazy. I oiled the rubber insulation lining on the doors and the body and the noise disappeared.

That's not something new with the NEW Mercs. It's sad that they still haven't been able to fix this.

I've got four Mercs, out of which only my W211 E 280 has never given me any issues. There is no rattling or squeaking either. The others, I always have to get the doors checked and tightened every time I get them serviced.
Shivjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 17:23   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
That's not something new with the NEW Mercs. It's sad that they still haven't been able to fix this.

I've got four Mercs, out of which only my W211 E 280 has never given me any issues. There is no rattling or squeaking either. The others, I always have to get the doors checked and tightened every time I get them serviced.
Buy this product called Gummi Pfedge
http://www.amazon.com/einszett-91480.../dp/B004B8GTQG

Apply it or get your driver to apply it whenever the squeeks start. It will take care of the squeeks for a few months.

All Euro cars seem to have this problem.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 17:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Buy this product called Gummi Pfedge
http://www.amazon.com/einszett-91480.../dp/B004B8GTQG

Apply it or get your driver to apply it whenever the squeeks start. It will take care of the squeeks for a few months.

All Euro cars seem to have this problem.

Thanks. Checking it out right now, and hopefully it should solve the problem. Any idea on how many I should order to stock?
Old 21st August 2015, 09:48   #97

Guys,

Can somebody please advise where i can find Mud Flaps for the new C Class in and around Delhi or online in India.

The dealer is charging a jaw dropping 15000 + installation. Too bad I didn't negotiate this in the initial deal.

Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 11:38   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Check out this awesome looking custom paint job on the C-Class. Red looks fabulous! Apparently, the customer bought a white car and got it repainted at the dealer.

I don't recommend it though. Changing the colour on a brand new car means stripping it down - there goes your factory fit!

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-img20150927wa0001.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 12:22   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
@GTO- This looks very similar to this picture attached at the beginning of the thread. So was it a custom paint job done to match this or does Mercedes offer this colour in India. Surely looks awesome.
Old 28th September 2015, 12:36   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Check out this awesome looking custom paint job on the C-Class. Red looks fabulous! Apparently, the customer bought a white car and got it repainted at the dealer.

I don't recommend it though. Changing the colour on a brand new car means stripping it down - there goes your factory fit!

Attachment 1420557
I think this has been done by Autohangar? Their sales team does push customers to repaint when their choice of colour is currently not in stock. I wanted a navy blue S and that color wasn't available hence the sales guy offered to repaint my car at delivery for a cost of 2.5 lakhs. Infact, I saw one new S repainted to blue by them and it was a good job. However, I wasn't keen on stripping a new car down.

There is only one factory painted Red new C 200 in India which belong to my friend who is a prominent MB dealer in Delhi that was a special CBU order for his wife. Car was delivered in April. Picture below
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-img_6953-copy.png  

Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:18   #101

Red looks stunning. if this color was available, I would have definitely gone for the red.
Old 18th December 2015, 09:04   #102
BHPian

After C200 and C220 CDI, Mercedes is now evidently looking forward to launch the more powerful C250d variant as well. Single unit has been brought in for homologation.

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-capture.png

The C250d is powered by a 2,143 cc, 4-cylinder engine tuned for 201 BHP and 500 Nm of torque. The car can do the 0-100 km/h run in 6.6 seconds and has a top speed of upto 247 km/h.

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched at Rs 40.9 lakh Ex-Delhi-2014mercedesbenzcclass2.jpg

P.S. New nomenclature this time.

Image source
Senna4Ever is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 12:43   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post

The C250d is powered by a 2,143 cc, 4-cylinder engine tuned for 201 BHP and 500 Nm of torque. The car can do the 0-100 km/h run in 6.6 seconds and has a top speed of upto 247 km/h.
Given the ban on diesels in Delhi & NCR - I would expect Mercedes to take advantage and launch some nice powerful petrols (not the C200).
Not that I am complaining about the C250 CDI - the specs sound super on paper, and finally give the car the go to match the show.
Old 23rd December 2015, 08:45   #104
BHPian

Quote:
I find the car slightly under-powered especially after driving bigger engines. I have found out tha RaceChip does a tuning box for the C220 CDI and gains are around the range of 20%.
  • Would it void my warranty? (Big concern)
  • Can I do a DIY install?
  • Will I feel the gain substantially?
Rohan

I have a racechip installed on my C250 cdi and my Jetta. its a great product. Usually ships to you in 3 days and its a DIY. hardly takes 5 mins to install. Gain is almost immediate. Warranty won't be a problem as you can easily remove it before you send it for servicing.

With the racechip, your Power would increase to 197 Bhp and Torque to 473.
Old 24th March 2016, 18:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvigneshbhasker View Post
Rohan

With the racechip, your Power would increase to 197 Bhp and Torque to 473.
I find it very interesting, that when we buy such expensive cars, it should have sufficient power to start with. Otherwise it shouldn't be on shopping list.

I am shocked to see the discussion of tuning box for such expensive cars right from the intial stages.
Getting bored after few years is expected, but not from the initial honeymoon stage.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks