Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 19:56   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
The launch dates seem credible since we have seen plenty of Hexa test cars but very few Kite 5 test cars.

I hope that Tata realise that their products need to be sound, reliable and match customer expectations that are set my advertising, FROM DAY ONE. The Tiago looks promising but the mixed reviews on the petrol engine are not encouraging.

Tata have taken a huge gamble by launching totally new cars and engines. I really hope that it works out well. I'm not nationalistic and I have no problem buying any brand of car, but I have to admit that choosing to buy an Indian car on merits alone would make me a prouder car owner.
Not true. We have seen quite a few kite 5 test mules in this thread only. I am quite positive about the information shared below that it will launch in October itself. I predict a 50k increase variant wise over Tiago. May turn out my next car if this happens.

Btw, I have driven the tiago petrol and I will agree it's not as good as the diesel but people who have bought it are still loving it. Tata needs more genuine word of mouth publicity from such owners.

Last edited by harry10 : 16th August 2016 at 19:58.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 19:23   #182
BHPian

Hi all. Just a question here. Will the diesel engine in this car be good enough as a long distance cruiser? This is in my list of choices when in few months I'll be looking to replace my 5 yr old ritz diesel.
Old 20th August 2016, 11:45   #183
Senior - BHPian

Just spotted the Kite on road test possibly by Jeyam.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-157456.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 21st August 2016 at 17:40. Reason: Watermarking image
DRIV3R is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 07:33   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi all. Just a question here. Will the diesel engine in this car be good enough as a long distance cruiser? This is in my list of choices when in few months I'll be looking to replace my 5 yr old ritz diesel.
Didn't Tata do a 50,000 km non-stop high speed run at VRDE, just to prove that point?
Old 22nd August 2016, 08:57   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Didn't Tata do a 50,000 km non-stop high speed run at VRDE, just to prove that point?
I think he means if it's torque and gearing will make it comfortable to do highway speeds at lower rpm with low NVH.
Mate, ideally test drive the car on a open road or highway, at highway speeds you see yourself doing. Check out the ride comfort and NVH on both front and back seats, and be the best judge if its going to be the right car for you.
For example: people call the old Innova a highway car, long distance cruiser etc, but I find it extremely crude and annoying with a loud boomy cabin post 100kmph because its so under powered and geared short. Upto 80 kmph in the city its excellent especially in the back seat. So be the judge yourself.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:32   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I think he means if it's torque and gearing will make it comfortable to do highway speeds at lower rpm with low NVH.
Mate, ideally test drive the car on a open road or highway, at highway speeds you see yourself doing. Check out the ride comfort and NVH on both front and back seats, and be the best judge if its going to be the right car for you.
For example: people call the old Innova a highway car, long distance cruiser etc, but I find it extremely crude and annoying with a loud boomy cabin post 100kmph because its so under powered and geared short. Upto 80 kmph in the city its excellent especially in the back seat. So be the judge yourself.
This is exactly what i meant. Thank you for framing my question appropriately :-) Yes i will surely test drive this car. I hope they get a diesel AMT right at launch.
Old 26th August 2016, 17:15   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to TAI member prasathlr for this scoop:

Quote:
Exclusive Scoop from one of the highest level in TML

1. Hexa is launching this year itself, it is confirmed.
2. Kite 5 is launching after January 2016.
3. Nexon will take time. (Not sure what that meant)
4. TML is trying to push for AMT, it understands the market demand.
5. There has been a shuffle in top management, every product is closely monitored by the CEO with weekly meetings and follow ups.
6. They are back on track about launching 2 vehicles every year.
and to TAI member DJ bro for these fresh spyshots. Spotted on a testing run by a Tiago owner in Coimbatore:

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakite1.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakite2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 19:35   #188
Senior - BHPian

I would like to confirm the above news as I have been indicated something similar.

Also, they're ready with the 1.9L version & it may, may be tuned to 120BHP putting out 300NM of torque. Drivability : would produce sufficient torque from 1400-2800rpm. The 400NM version will be a hoot though, at every gear.

They're going to take customer feedback very seriously. Some training has been in progress & they're investing on people. During service, do be vocal & don't be hesitant to request for better customer support.

Else mail the customer care & you should notice the difference.

If despite escalation, there is unreasonable delay or careless advice by the SA, there's a good possibility that heads would roll at dealer ASC.

Old habits die hard, but things should change this time.

I don't want to start cheering too early, though.

P.S. : Many inside the company follow this forum closely!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 26th August 2016 at 19:37.
GrammarNazi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 19:45   #189
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure of Hexa launch before Kite5? My source still says Kite5 may come first. Let us wait and see what Tata going to do.
Old 26th August 2016, 19:51   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Are you sure of Hexa launch before Kite5? My source still says Kite5 may come first. Let us wait and see what Tata going to do.
Called up my birdies after I read the above-quoted info on TAI.

All of them insist on the Kite5 launch in October (with "Sway" as the finalised name for the Tiago-based sedan), and Hexa's launch being scheduled for post-Diwali 2016.

Also, since the 1.9L engine has passed extensive testing, Tata Motors is considering 5 variants for the Hexa - base 2 variants sporting the 1.9L engine, and the 3 remaining mid/top variants with the 2.2L, 156PS/400Nm VariCOR.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 20:02   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
5 variants for the Hexa - base 2 variants sporting the 1.9L engine, and the 3 remaining mid/top variants with the 2.2L, 156PS/400Nm VariCOR.
The top variant placement will be interesting for sure.
Will Tata's go Hyundai way by ticking many segment first features?
This will be a real test for Tata Motors before the SUV's roll in.(Nexon & LR based)
Old 26th August 2016, 22:20   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

P.S. : Many inside the company follow this forum closely!
Hope they also read TML customer service experiences across various threads!
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 22:29   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
with "Sway" as the finalised name for the Tiago-based sedan
Ooh, 'sway' as the name of a car doesn't inspire confidence. A name should either be abstract, or convey solidity/strength. Sway makes it feel like the car is not well planted, and doesn't handle well.

I know that some marketing agency would have come up with the name 'sway' to indicate how this is the model that will sway the public's perception of Tata's passenger cars.

That's all fine and dandy, but when my car sways in the wake of a Volvo bus that passes by me, I don't want them poking fun at me saying "Ha ha, that's why they called it 'sway'!"

C'mon Tata. Tiago is nice, Zica was even cooler ("Zica?" "Yes, it is ze car!"), get a nice name to match.

Last edited by arunphilip : 26th August 2016 at 22:31.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 11:32   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Called up my birdies after I read the above-quoted info on TAI.

All of them insist on the Kite5 launch in October (with "Sway" as the finalised name for the Tiago-based sedan), and Hexa's launch being scheduled for post-Diwali 2016.

Also, since the 1.9L engine has passed extensive testing, Tata Motors is considering 5 variants for the Hexa - base 2 variants sporting the 1.9L engine, and the 3 remaining mid/top variants with the 2.2L, 156PS/400Nm VariCOR.
Sorry for my ignorance, do we have any details on the diesel engines of Kite/Sway?
Old 4th September 2016, 12:47   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Fresh spyshots from a testing run in Coimbatore showing the High-mounted Brake Light strip in action, courtesy Thrust Zone.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakite5sedanspiedtamilnadu1.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatakite5sedanspiedtamilnadu2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed