Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2017, 21:38   #451
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Diesel makes the same power as Tiago? Tiago was already not a great performer to being with, was sure on booking this one, but I will have to wait for the review.
Old 16th March 2017, 21:57   #452
BHPian

Loved the placement of bag hooks in central console. Very practical especially with just one or two person travelling.
Old 16th March 2017, 22:09   #453
BHPian

Hi folks,

Are there any rumour on the AMT version of Tigor ? . Having this on Tiago already makes it a no brainer to provide on this model as well.

hg
Old 16th March 2017, 22:42   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Diesel makes the same power as Tiago? Tiago was already not a great performer to being with, was sure on booking this one, but I will have to wait for the review.
The higher-spec ~80PS diesel is still being put through it's paces, as per my sources.

Spotted earlier today in Pune by a WhatsApp contact of a good friend.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-image1.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-image2.jpg

Maybe it will be offered as a top-end variant later.

Or maybe Tata has decided to play it safe for now, seeing as to how testing is still not fully complete for the bumped-up diesel.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 22:46   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The higher-spec ~80PS diesel is still being put through it's paces, as per my sources.

Spotted earlier today in Pune by a WhatsApp contact of a good friend.

Maybe it will be offered as a top-end variant later.

Or maybe Tata has decided to play it safe for now, seeing as to how testing is still not fully complete for the bumped-up diesel.
Thanks for info. But how did you know this is 80 ps diesel variant.
Old 16th March 2017, 22:50   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
The weight would have increased due to the boot right? Would it affect the already ordinary performance of the petrol Tigor?
Tigor will definitely be heavier then Tiago which itself is also heavy. Additional weight will affect performance, but revised gearing might help, since the retuned engine is out of question now.

Tiago Petrol isn't that good compared to other 1.2 Petrol's, but for day to day usage, it has enough grunt to keep car going. On Highways, you'll definitely feel the lack of torque & the high noise levels of 3 Cylinder Engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Yes, but actually if you drive Petrol & Diesel, apart from the usual clatter, you'll actually like the Diesel more.

The Diesel mill has enough torque to keep you going even on Highways. Post 2500 rpm, the turbo kick instantly gives you the required momentum to overtake & gain pace. This happens only in 3rd & 4th gears while 5th gear is for efficiency. It just doesn't have enough pep to keep the car in revband. If you floor the pedal in 5th gear, it'll take its own time to gather pace.

The Petrol in comparison is completely opposite, it lacks power when you cross 70-80 kmph. You need to have proper planning & choose right gear to gather pace.

I had TD both Petrol & Diesel Tiago. The Petrol disappointed me, while the Diesel though not thrilling felt better then Petrol. I have been using Tiago for 7 months now, and I feel I made right thing to drive both before finalizing, even though my daily running is just 20-25 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Loved the placement of bag hooks in central console. Very practical especially with just one or two person travelling.
Yes, it's very useful hook. Ladies will be even more happy I guess, to keep their vanity bags, carry bags, grocery bags etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Hi folks,

Are there any rumour on the AMT version of Tigor ? . Having this on Tiago already makes it a no brainer to provide on this model as well.

hg
Even if Tata has plans, they should not delay it like they did on Tiago. They should make AMT available at launch. That will help them immensely.

According to BHPian RavenAvi's sources, AMT is likely to be offered in XZA Petrol Trim at launch. Even Tiago has been launched only in Top-Spec XZA Trim.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 22:55   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Pneumatic struts for the boot lid , saves space and aids better utilization. Will be one of the segment first feature, even C2 sedans don't have these.
Great job by Tata there! I was wishing for a notchback, but this is a good middle ground given the segment.

A C segment sedan has it - the Linea. And it helps a lot while loading suitcases and all.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 23:02   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Hi folks,

hg
My precise question too!
I have a relative sitting on the fence leaning HEAVILY towards Tigor.
Their PRIME requirement is AMT.
So, if the Tigor doesn't get AMT then they will buy Tiago.

Damn this is a beautiful car!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 23:06   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
What is the area between the two knobs for?...
Zest & Nexon also has the same design I guess. Zest has the ACC display on the HU. This is something which I had posted after checking out the Zest - a simple touch would have elevated the experience to a premium level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Technical specifications of the Tigor petrol & diesel,...
So the petrol comes with a 175/60 R15 profile alloy wheels while the diesel comes with 175/65 R14 profile. What's wrong with TATA!! Why do they need to complicate such simple things?! We can safely assume that there'll be two alloy wheel designs and the petrol may get the premium looking alloy wheel this time (last time Zest diesel got the better looking one, so TATA wants to balance it out I guess).

And why bring in a higher variant diesel later! A bit disappointed with such tactics. I'd have any day preferred a 1.3 MJD on this - would have been a no brainer to go with it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 07:40   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
We can safely assume that there'll be two alloy wheel designs and the petrol may get the premium looking alloy wheel this time (last time Zest diesel got the better looking one, so TATA wants to balance it out I guess).
Swiftnfurious, Zest did not get different designs for Petrol and Diesel. It got one design for XE/XM and different one for XT. It was launched with all variants getting alloys. As the initial media drives happened with Petrol XT and Diesel XMA, reviewers got it wrong. Team BHP review also got this wrong. I remember seeing a correction posted somewhere, but couldn't find it. It's a different matter that the alloy on XE/XM looked good on the car and was made standard on all variants. Tata eventually dropped the alloys for the lower variants later on.
mrbaddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 09:13   #461
BHPian

So, the Tigor and a brand new Dzire would face off. May the better car win. I have only seen the images of Tigor but I have seen the new Dzire in flesh. Tigor is a better looker for sure but the Dzire has tidied up neatly as compared to the previous version. The AMT on Dzire ( gasoline and diesel) would be a plus. I don't know the future of this match up but I am pretty sure that Tigor would be way heavier and a tad cheaper than new Dzire.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 11:07   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Tata Tigor displayed before the media drive.
The car looks really interesting. Though, IMO, alloy wheels design is not gelling well with the overall liberated personality of this car. They are looking excessively fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
So, the Tigor and a brand new Dzire would face off. May the better car win. I have only seen the images of Tigor but I have seen the new Dzire in flesh. Tigor is a better looker for sure but the Dzire has tidied up neatly as compared to the previous version. The AMT on Dzire ( gasoline and diesel) would be a plus. I don't know the future of this match up but I am pretty sure that Tigor would be way heavier and a tad cheaper than new Dzire.
New Dzire? Can you please elaborate more on this?

Moderator's Note: Do not make so many back to back posts. Use the Multiquote option () to respond to multiple people.

All the back to back posts have been merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 17th March 2017 at 11:21.
Old 17th March 2017, 11:12   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
The car looks really interesting. Though, IMO, alloy wheels design is not gelling well with the overall liberated personality of this car. They are looking excessively fancy.
+1 The one they displayed in Geneva has better alloy wheel than this. Or they could have fitted a proper mudflaps to complete the look.

New Dzire based on Baleno is not a direct competitor to Tigor at all as Baleno itself is around 4m. Sedan version is going to be >4m and cost substantially higher than Tigor. Forget sedan version, I expect Tigor to cost much less compare to Baleno hatch.

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th March 2017 at 11:35.
Old 17th March 2017, 11:27   #464
BHPian

The new Dzire from Maruti slated for launch in 2017 H2 based on Baleno platform.
Old 17th March 2017, 11:47   #465
BHPian

One of the best pictures from yesterday's media drive.
A lovely lineup of TIGOR's ready for their 1st drive
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7fraypw4aa3z3.jpg  

Transporter is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks