Old 19th March 2017, 09:28   #497
BHPian

Autocar India's review is also out, although not a video review yet

http://m.autocarindia.com/Reviews/Re...px?CIID=404467

Zigwheels video review is out as well

akhil994 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 10:31   #498
Senior - BHPian

From the autoportal video review, I captured a screenshot when the interior was being reviewed.

Notice that the alignment of the glovebox lid, even when it's fully shut looks shabby.

The anchor even opened and closed glovebox again but the alignment still looked the same.

Even the light grey colour of the plastics lower down, remind me of earstwhile Alto.

I really hoped TATA should have worked upon on the fit and finishing in a better way.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-1489899543197.jpg  

Last edited by DCEite : 19th March 2017 at 10:44.
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 11:12   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Overdrive review is out, and their pick is the 1.2L petrol.

Excerpt:

Quote:
As soon as the motor is started, the typical diesel clatter is evident. and it doesn’t feel as refined as other three-cylinder units that we have experienced in other cars. The loud diesel clatter that seeps into the cabin is bothersome when you are travelling in bumper to bumper traffic. This also indicates that the NVH levels could have been better. To make the diesel motor perform, you have to push it past 2,500 rpm. However, while do so the motor feels stressed and this also the case while driving at high speeds.
The 1.2L petrol unit puts out 85PS and generates 114Nm, combined with the lower kerb weight, by 104kg, offers a reasonably better driving experience. It is my pick between the two motors as I feel it is more suited to commute in the city.
Both the motors get two drive modes, City and Eco. The City mode is active by default whereas the Eco mode when activated via a switch. The changes between the modes is evident. In Eco mode, the throttle response is toned down in interest of better fuel economy. The petrol motor does not feel out of breath while travlling at higher speeds and has enough juice for quick overtaking maneuvers. Helping that is the smooth 5-speed manual gearbox that is useful while tackling city traffic.
While driving the Tigor in and around Delhi, we didn’t find it any different from the hatch. While the suspension does a fairly good job at ironing out the bumps and undulations, we did find the ride quality in the petrol variant was a lot more juddery than its diesel counterpart. On the positive side, the Tigor feels planted and stable at higher speeds. The electric power steering is light enough to manouvere around narrow lanes and tight parking spots and weighs up sufficiently at high speeds.
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigor19.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigor20.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigor14.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 11:17   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
A 75 bhp engine in 2017 is a 'performance' engine?? Let alone performance, its barely a segment standard now.
I drive the Multijet Vista at 75 BHP now and I know what I can do with it having travelled over 1L kms across the country including a 8500 km round trip. Fully loaded to the brim, I have set some pretty fast times which cannot be disclosed here.

On the smaller Tiago/Tigor twins that kind of performance would be risky. I haven't driven them, so it's just a guess. Having said that the Revotron and Revotorq are good enough for more performance. I agree that a lacklustre engine is a downer especially if you travel a lot. But it should fairly run the game if it's a city run.

The next point would be royalties that need to be paid to Fiat, pushing the prices further up North.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 12:34   #501
BHPian

The engine management system is such a nifty system if properly integrated. Imagine changing engine mapping on the fly. I guess of all customizations car makers offer, this would be the one that has the highest value. I have experienced the TATA set up and it does not have sufficient steps between the modes to be a killer feature. I would call the Zest set up as Normal and further lower power modes. What would be great is to have a further higher power modes with a step up in power of 10-15 BHP at least.
Old 19th March 2017, 13:03   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I drive the Multijet Vista at 75 BHP now and I know what I can do with it having travelled over 1L kms across the country including a 8500 km round trip. Fully loaded to the brim, I have set some pretty fast times which cannot be disclosed here.

On the smaller Tiago/Tigor twins that kind of performance would be risky. I haven't driven them, so it's just a guess. Having said that the Revotron and Revotorq are good enough for more performance. I agree that a lacklustre engine is a downer especially if you travel a lot. But it should fairly run the game if it's a city run.

The next point would be royalties that need to be paid to Fiat, pushing the prices further up North.
Tigor is heavier than Dzire.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 19th March 2017 at 13:07.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 15:25   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Tigor is heavier than Dzire.
Quite obvious. You're comparing a Tata to a Maruti!

My point has been clearly mentioned. It doesn't make business sense to plonk a Multijet on the twins. Bump up the price by about 50k and the twins are dead at the start.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 15:59   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Quite obvious. You're comparing a Tata to a Maruti!

My point has been clearly mentioned. It doesn't make business sense to plonk a Multijet on the twins. Bump up the price by about 50k and the twins are dead at the start.
I wonder why? Tata would have spent money, time and resources developing the 1.05 diesel engine and that is included in the cost of the car. 1.3 MJD would have been plug and play, not to mention more refined, faster and almost as economical. Somehow the idea of a small 1.05 litre diesel engine in a 1.1 tonne car isnt very appealing. Even the erstwhile 1.4 suitably updated would have been a better bet because it has displacement by its side.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 19th March 2017 at 16:01.
extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 16:38   #505
Senior - BHPian

Better look in-house than depend on an external source. The engines may not be the best at this stage, but they will get there.

Ever wonder why Maruti hasn't done that either?
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 18:21   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Even the light grey colour of the plastics lower down, remind me of earstwhile Alto.

I really hoped TATA should have worked upon on the fit and finishing in a better way.
Have you seen Tiago's Interiors before ?

There are actually 2 sides to it.

If yes, then the Tigor shouldn't be a disappointing thing because it has same Interiors from Tiago & the Interiors of either cars were never criticized.

This is right from Texture, Fit & Finish to Color of Plastics.

If No, then Tigor may or may not impress you, but the same thing should apply when you see Tiago also (In case you haven't).
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 18:38   #507
BHPian

PowerDrift's Review: Liked it the best compared to other reviews.

So the Tigor has 419ltrs boot space, remote boot release, superb ride quality and longest wheelbase in the segment.

But it doesn't get a larger fuel tank (just 35ltrs) and redline on the tachometer. Diesel revs upto 4800rpm and petrol till 6500rpm according to PowerDrift. The top of the dashboard rattles just above the touchscreen over bad roads it seems.

Launch is on 29th March and petrol is expected to start from 4.0lalh and diesel from 4.75lakh. If it turns out true then .

Last edited by Shanksta : 19th March 2017 at 18:40.
Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 11:07   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Advance bookings for the Tata Tigor are now open at all Tata dealerships nationwide, for a sum of Rs 11,000/-.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tata0.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tata01.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tata02.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 11:20   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Autocar India's review is also out, although not a video review yet

http://m.autocarindia.com/Reviews/Re...px?CIID=404467
Renuka Kirpalani doesn't seem very excited with the Tigor!

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st March 2017 at 12:33. Reason: Fixing quoted post
Old 20th March 2017, 11:24   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
Renuka Kirpalani doesn't seem very excited with the Tigor!

She has always been anti-Tata. No car can change that view.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st March 2017 at 12:35. Reason: Fixing quote tag for now. Reviewing how OT this is getting...
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks