Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 17:49   #766
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

We'd have been more than happy to fly down . Always a next time.
By the time we got our hands on it, the mods already had a volunteer! still, a review from team-bhp remains the most awaited one! Either the choice will be vindicated or regretted regardless of what any of the several reviews have said so far. Hoping for the first!
uthra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 06:59   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Quite sure that the Tigor does not have these features. Most of these car websites give no importance to maintaining the accuracy of data, therefore the comparisons are not reliable at all. You're better off downloading the individual brochures and comparing from them.

Is brake assist like prefill? If not, ignore this 'feature'.

I'm surprised Tigor doesn't have some sort of one touch operation of the driver power window, and am sure it does have DRLs in the top end version, but 8 & 13 will be really missed.

Big enough price difference to consider the Tigor, and that's what Tata is banking on. If they had just sorted out the engines, it wouldn't be so much of a discussion to pick one.
My bad. Have corrected the list.

Corrected the list. No folding rear seat and rear wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Comparison of Tigor, Aspire, Dzire, Xcent - top trims..
Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Also please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th May 2017 at 18:53.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 18:05   #768
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Seeing my earlier post, two more Tigor owners stepped forward & generously offered their ride for our review.

Big shoutout to Harshil & Samarth for the same.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 18:32   #769
BHPian

Hi all...I know the review for Tigor is scheduled soon but need some information on the car we have already got. The AC button comes on automatically in the morning while starting the engine even after being switched off at night while parking. This happens when the car is left parked overnight. When it is for a short while, about half hour or so, it remains switched off. However, when the blower is also turned off at night, the AC indicator doesn't come on in the morning.

The TATA mechanic said it was because everything was now electronically controlled including temperature sensors. Asked if that was not the case only for auto-climate control model (we have an XZ variant which has manual controls) he insisted that the air-conditioning and temperature gauging was similar in both models, only the operations were different.

He also said that in earlier cars, if AC indicator was left switched on while shutting down the car, it put a lot of pressure on engine while restarting and the the RPM would shoot up. The Tigor, however, is immune to such jumps because of whatever the company has done to its engine and ECU and so the RPM would not shoot up even if the AC indicator comes on automatically while starting the car.

For someone with no technical expertise, it does sound logical but I am not able to erase all my doubts. Any explanations would be a great help thanks...
uthra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 10:29   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
Hi all...I know the review for Tigor is scheduled soon but need some information on the car we have already got. The AC button comes on automatically in the morning while starting the engine even after being switched off at night while parking. This happens when the car is left parked overnight. When it is for a short while, about half hour or so, it remains switched off. However, when the blower is also turned off at night, the AC indicator doesn't come on in the morning.

The TATA mechanic said it was because everything was now electronically controlled including temperature sensors. Asked if that was not the case only for auto-climate control model (we have an XZ variant which has manual controls) he insisted that the air-conditioning and temperature gauging was similar in both models, only the operations were different.

He also said that in earlier cars, if AC indicator was left switched on while shutting down the car, it put a lot of pressure on engine while restarting and the the RPM would shoot up. The Tigor, however, is immune to such jumps because of whatever the company has done to its engine and ECU and so the RPM would not shoot up even if the AC indicator comes on automatically while starting the car.

For someone with no technical expertise, it does sound logical but I am not able to erase all my doubts. Any explanations would be a great help thanks...

I had the same 'issue' / query in my Tiago XZA. Even if I would switch OFF the AC button and the re-circulation mode button, whenever I would enter my car again (after a span greater than 2-3 hours) - just as I would switch the key to 'On' position, where the electricals light up and engine is not cranked, both these lights would be 'ON'.
Recently, I complained about this during the first service. I am told this is normal and is a 'feature' - although no one at Concorde Motors, Worli or Prabhadevi could answer WHY or what purpose it serves. They have forwarded the query to someone higher up, it's been a month I haven't heard anything.

Another interesting 'comment' was - I had a habit of switching off both of these buttons and rotating the dial of the fan speed to zero - before switching off the engine. I was told by a fellow BHPian, that it's wiser to keep the re-circulation button ON, so that the 'flap' remains closed, lest it becomes and entry point for rodents to enter.

Quote:
Seeing my earlier post, two more Tigor owners stepped forward & generously offered their ride for our review.

If you need a Tiago XZA (AMT) - you won't even have to go out of Mumbai. My Diego would be more than happy to be 'reviewed' by the prestigious community.

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 1st June 2017 at 10:32. Reason: Missed multi-quote
Dr.Suraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 10:43   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
I had the same 'issue' / query in my Tiago XZA...Recently, I complained about this during the first service. I am told this is normal and is a 'feature' - although no one at Concorde Motors, Worli or Prabhadevi could answer WHY or what purpose it serves. They have forwarded the query to someone higher up, it's been a month I haven't heard anything.
I hope they come up with a proper reason for this. The mechanic at Concorde, Patparganj here said, and I quote, "the difference in operating mode in manual and auto climate control is only that in manual it's rotary dials which are connected through wires to the temperature sensors while in auto control, it's all electronic and controlled through chipsets that work when you press the buttons. Other than that, the overall working of the sensors and temperature gauge etc is same. So even if you switch the ac button off, when you switch on after a few hours, the sensors take ambient and cabin temperature into consideration and switch on the ac. It's not a fault. Also, the engine is not affected by this because there is no pressure on it while cranking with the ac on".

It's all pretty confusing, to be honest.
Old 17th June 2017, 21:22   #772
BHPian

Quote:

Hi GTO,

any update on when the review would be up. Eagerly waiting for one. Thank you.this would help in deciding the next car for us.
Old 17th June 2017, 22:20   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Thank you.this would help in deciding the next car for us.
Actually, the equation is very simple.

If you like Tigor & ok with the Average Engine's, you should get it.

If you want a Good Diesel C Sedan, The Aspire is best of the lot.

Dzire will make sense if you prefer Maruti over others. But, it's availability is a big question mark, due to Faulty Steering System.

Amaze is very efficient & spacious but is showing its age. While Xcent is good mix of Features & Rear Seat Space. AT though is old 4 Speed One.

Ameo scores well in terms of providing Diesel Automatic option along with other VW trademarks (Good Build, Good Dynamics).

So, decide yourself on these differently abled C-Sedans.
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 22:35   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Actually, the equation is very simple.

If you like Tigor & ok with the Average Engine's, you should get it.

If you want a Good Diesel C Sedan, The Aspire is best of the lot.

Dzire will make sense if you prefer Maruti over others. But, it's availability is a big question mark, due to Faulty Steering System.

Amaze is very efficient & spacious but is showing its age. While Xcent is good mix of Features & Rear Seat Space. AT though is old 4 Speed One.

Ameo scores well in terms of providing Diesel Automatic option along with other VW trademarks (Good Build, Good Dynamics).

So, decide yourself on these differently abled C-Sedans.
Thank you. Great summary you had put up inclined more towards the new Dzire (I am in no hurry and can wait) and the tigor.

Aspire, rear seat is not for 3 adults as per the review and this would be deal breaker.

AMEO would be out of budget as I am looking for automatic or AGS.

Not interested in Amaze I don't like the front design, personal opinion.

Last edited by zaveed : 17th June 2017 at 22:40.
Old 17th June 2017, 23:09   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Aspire, rear seat is not for 3 adults as per the review and this would be deal breaker...
If you are looking to seat 3 at the rear, I doubt Tigor should be in contention or the Dzire for that matter. I doubt any of the compact sedans can have 3 at the rear, if not for Zest.
Old 18th June 2017, 09:36   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you are looking to seat 3 at the rear, I doubt Tigor should be in contention or the Dzire for that matter. I doubt any of the compact sedans can have 3 at the rear, if not for Zest.
+1 to that.

I own a Zest petrol. Three people can sit at the rear comfortably. Not sure of the same in other compact sedans.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 11:44   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
+1 to that.

I own a Zest petrol. Three people can sit at the rear comfortably. Not sure of the same in other compact sedans.
Dzire currently is the widest when compared to Tigor and Zest. Zest (1706mm), Tigor (1677mm) and Dzire (1735mm) .

Given the increase in the length and width and (50 mm and 20 mm) over the old one , would it not be a comfortable 3 seater
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 13:25   #778
Senior - BHPian

The body of the DZire is generously bulbous on the outside given its design share with the Baleno, not sure how much it translates to on the inside.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 13:43   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dzire currently is the widest when compared to Tigor and Zest. Zest (1706mm), Tigor (1677mm) and Dzire (1735mm) .

Given the increase in the length and width and (50 mm and 20 mm) over the old one , would it not be a comfortable 3 seater
On paper, yes. New Dzire has increased legroom for rear seats but seats are still low. Zest's advantage is the height of rear seat. I sat in the rear of the new Dzire for a few kilometers on a test drive. Even with increased leg room, I feel Zest has better rear seats.
simplyself is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 13:00   #780
BHPian

Yesterday evening around 9 pm, I have got a chance to follow a white Tigor for a good 10 minutes of time on Road no 36, Jubilee Hills. Even though it had a little bit awkward rear look, I have liked the planted behaviour on the road. I am not sure whether it was driven with foot on the brake pedal, The high mounted brake light is very distracting to the driver who is tailgating it, at least in the slow moving traffic. I was not happy as I was the driver who tailgated it. Did any BHPian experienced this ?

I am not sure whether the manufacturer has considered this while installing such a long brake light.(No offense please, this is my personal opinion).

Last edited by Hickstead : 23rd June 2017 at 13:04. Reason: Correction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks