Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:03   #361
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

I had an opportunity to meet a top person of Tata motors in Mumbai airport during transit in August'16, I was curious about Kite 5 then, he had advised me to wait till February'17 if I wanted to buy Kite 5 (Tigor) and if the purchase was urgent, he had asked me to take the delivery of Tiago, he even shared his mobile number asking me to whatsapp him after I had bought the car.

So it seems like they were sure of launching Tigor around Q1 2017.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:22   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Exactly. Tiago XZ diesel at that price doesn't make much sense at all.
Forget Swift VDI, one can get a fully loaded Figo Titanium with that stonker 1.5 TDCI at that price. Pay 30k more, you get 6 airbags too
Lets get the fact correct, Figo titamium + (since you had mentioned fully loaded and 6 airbags) costs 7.39 Lacs ex showroom Hyderabad (considering Hyderabad w.r.t jetsetgo08's post). OTR will be 8.5 - 8.7 Lacs - that's a difference of 1.2 Lacs which is huge considering customer buying in that segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Tiago XZ diesel now costs 7.1 OTR Hyderabad & Swift Vdi costs 7.9 OTR after discounts
Quote:
I wish Tata equips the Tigor with Airbags & ABS as standard across the variants.

Quote:
If the XZ variant is priced anywhere near the Xcent S/Ameo Trendline. Then it might not have takers.
Dzire/Xcent/Aspire/Ameo/Zest are all derived from B2 hatchbacks, while the Tigor is based on a B1 hatch, hence the price will be lower than other sub 4 meter sedans

Incidentally We have 3 sub segments in sub 4 meter sedans

Segment 1 - Ameo, since its based on Polo which is a premium hatch comparable to i20, Jazz and Baleno in terms of feature and pricing
Segment 2 - Dzire, Xcent, Zest, Aspire based on B2 hatchbacks
Segment 3 - Tigor and upcoming Essentia based on B1 hatchbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Figo Titanium 1.5D comes anywhere close to 7.1L OTR. To the best of my knowledge it is much closer to 8L OTR and the Titanium+ is an addition of at least 75-80K on top of it.

So a difference of nearly a Lakh rupees is not a negligible amount at least in these segment of cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Value for money may be subjective. But, we could at least get the facts right:
Absolutely

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 23rd February 2017 at 14:33.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:30   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...But the pricing of XZ is the decider IMHO.

Tiago XZ diesel now costs 7.1 OTR Hyderabad & Swift Vdi costs 7.9 OTR after discounts...
If we pick & choose products / variants to justify our arguments, it'll be easy. Not sure why do you choose a mid variant from Swift & compare it against the top variant of Tiago. There should be a common ground for comparisons to be un-biased.

Quote:
... If the XZ variant is priced anywhere near the Xcent S/Ameo Trendline. Then it might not have takers. I am not comparing with the Dzire, as it is in a different league of sales figures...
Pasting the chart with estimated price for the Tigor petrol. Arrived by adding 75K to the relevant Tiago variant. You'd get a fair idea how the other compact segments are priced and how will the Tigor be.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-prices.jpg

Quote:
...Forget Swift VDI, one can get a fully loaded Figo Titanium with that stonker 1.5 TDCI at that price. Pay 30k more, you get 6 airbags too....
The price of Figo Titanium on the site is 6,66,660/- for Delhi ex showroom.

Quote:
...The fact that Tata doesn't provide full safety kit even as an option in the lower variants is another dealbreaker.
Deal breaker?! It's most likely going to be so well priced that one could buy the top end with all safety options & features at almost the price of base variants of other similar products. For anyone who can afford a compact sedan, I don't think they'll need to even look at the base variant of the Tigor.

Disclaimer : The price chart has been re-used from Ameo official review thread.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd February 2017 at 14:45.
swiftnfurious is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:52   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If we pick & choose products / variants to justify our arguments, it'll be easy. Not sure why do you choose a mid variant from Swift & compare it against the top variant of Tiago. There should be a common ground for comparisons to be un-biased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, why don't we start comparing the prices of top end Tiago and base model of Swift and Figo then?
The comparison with the Mid-variants to XZ is only because of the non-availability of ABS on the Tiago mid-variants whereas it is available on the rest of the above mentioned cars. But, for Compact sedans Xcent,Amaze,Ameo all the base variants are equipped with ABS. And the number of cross-shoppers can be high, IMHO.

Pardon me for disrupting the harmony & hope we stick to the topic.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:32   #365
BHPian

Ha ha ha. I knew I was going to kick up a dirtstorm by posting negatively on a Tata thread and it has happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Figo Titanium 1.5D comes anywhere close to 7.1L OTR. To the best of my knowledge it is much closer to 8L OTR and the Titanium+ is an addition of at least 75-80K on top of it.

So a difference of nearly a Lakh rupees is not a negligible amount at least in these segment of cars.
I'm not talking about Titanium+ here. I'm talking about Titanium and Titanium (O). These days a lot of people (especially in the forum) stretch their budget and end up buying from 1 or 2 segments above. What I meant was that one can get a much more spacious car with a significantly better engine for less than a lakh more. The Tigor XZ would end up costing very close to the Figo Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, why don't we start comparing the prices of top end Tiago and base model of Swift and Figo then? I don't know what sources people are using, but from the respective official websites, Figo D top end is 7.4L and Swift 7.7L while Tiago is priced at 5.93L. Clearly there's enough difference in price to suggest we are comparing cars from different segments.
Huh, Tiago XZ is not comparable to Titanium+. It is comparable to Titanium. Moreover, any variant other than XZ is useless to me due to the lack of ABS. The 1.5 TDCI alone is worth way more than 1 lakh over the underpowered 3 pot Revotorq. The additional space is a big bonus. Once the Tigor is launched, the gap with Figo will be much lesser.

BTW, ABS and dual airbags are available in Figo Ambiente and Swift LDI unlike Tiago. Also, base variants of Figo and Swift are not shipped without something like an air conditioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Value for money may be subjective. But, we could at least get the facts right:
Ex-show room prices, Delhi (Source: official webpages of manufacturers)
Tiago XZ Revotorq Diesel Rs. 577,689
Tiago XT Revotorq Diesel Rs. 522,189
SWIFT ZDI Rs. 7,46,939
SWIFT VDI Rs. 6,53,189
Ford Figo 1.5D Titanium MT Rs. 6,66,600
Ford Figo 1.5D Ambiente MT Rs. 5,99,900
We could at least get the reading right before we go fact checking on others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Lets get the fact correct, Figo titamium + (since you had mentioned fully loaded and 6 airbags) costs 7.39 Lacs ex showroom Hyderabad (considering Hyderabad w.r.t jetsetgo08's post). OTR will be 8.5 - 8.7 Lacs - that's a difference of 1.2 Lacs which is huge considering customer buying in that segment
I was not talking about Titanium+. Figo Titanium is now available with an option of 6 airbags at 30k more over the standard Titanium. The Titanium+ continues to exist alongside.

Tiago petrol at 6L is good VFM, but the premium of ~1L for a 1.05 3 pot diesel is too much. Probably why I hardly see any Tiago Revotorq on the road. These days, a lot of people end up moving 1 or 2 segments higher during purchase (can be seen from Zest's sales number after Tiago's release). People worried about 1 lakh will buy a Revotron over Revotorq and not bother spending additional 1L just for a diesel engine in the first place. Like I have said above, Tigor would close off any such gap.

Quote:
The price of Figo Titanium on the site is 6,66,660/- for Delhi ex showroom.

Deal breaker?! It's most likely going to be so well priced that one could buy the top end with all safety options & features at almost the price of base variants of other similar products. For anyone who can afford a compact sedan, I don't think they'll need to even look at the base variant of the Tigor.

Still the Revotorq would be a deal breaker there. Even if they use a bigger turbo, the 1.05 can never hold a candle to the significantly bigger 1.5 TDCI. The bigger turbo would hamper the drivability without adding much to the top end. Tata should have used the Quadrajet on this one, at least as an option.

Price wise, even a 50k bump would bring the gap with the Figo Titanium much closer.

Last edited by theredliner : 23rd February 2017 at 15:45.
theredliner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:23   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The worth of the product is making a bunch of bhp'ians compare this to higher segment products I believe. The moment someone compares Tiago with a higher segment car, it's a win for the company!
You said it well, Swiftnfurious! Happening again!!

People who are arguing that you could buy this or that car for 50k or 1L more, are forgetting the fact that you can buy a totally different car if you add another 1L or 2L more!

You call a base model a skeleton which is bereft of your wishes. Does it even make sense in the argument? A base model is just that, a base model. Thanks to the person who posted an extensive list, I know what to look for in all base models now!

I rest my case.
discoverwild is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 13:30   #367
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

We have 3 sub segments in sub 4 meter sedans

Segment 1 - Ameo, since its based on Polo which is a premium hatch comparable to i20, Jazz and Baleno in terms of feature and pricing

Segment 2 - Dzire, Xcent, Zest, Aspire based on B2 hatchbacks

Segment 3 - Tigor and upcoming Essentia based on B1 hatchbacks.
Absolutely! Well-said!

It's quite pointless to club all sub-4m sedans together. They may all measure a few mm under 4m in terms of length, but there are clearly different sub-segments within sub-4m sedans!

The best way to identify these sub-segments is to classify them on the basis of which hatchbacks they're based on. It would indeed be a folly to pit the (Polo-based) Ameo directly against the (Tiago-based) Tigor.

Tata's latest sub-4m sedan should be seen as a direct competitor to the upcoming Chevrolet Essentia only. The Zest can be directly compared to the majority of sub-4m sedans out there (but not Ameo).

Last edited by RSR : 24th February 2017 at 13:37.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 12:38   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Tigor seen on public road,

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c5fztpyuwaex8ob.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th February 2017 at 12:41.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 13:13   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1612847

Link
From the looks of it in the real world pictures, this seems like a winning replacement in the Indigo CS category! Price it well like the Tiago is all i can say to Tata. Dont worry about Zest and end up making this another 2k/mth car!

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 25th February 2017 at 13:16.
Old 25th February 2017, 13:24   #370
BHPian

Just wanted to congratulate TATA for the neat boot integration .going to give its competitors a run for their money.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-untitled1.jpg  

Night_Fury is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 18:46   #371
BHPian

Quote:

[/url]
Wow! This looks so much better than the initial images that was posted. Looks like Tata clearly have a winner here.

Why on earth do they want to spoil the pic with those irritating trademark?
Old 25th February 2017, 19:56   #372
srh
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1612847

Link
Does anyone else get the impression that the wheelbase seems larger than the Tiago?
Old 27th February 2017, 18:00   #373
BHPian

Another pic of Tigor from the same source. Kindly ignore the irritating watermark.

Source: Automotive India
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-16831921_643450462526681_4179083624827733075_n.jpg  

prasathlr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 18:55   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

It doesn't look like a sedan from a distance. Resembles the Chevy SR-V a lot.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 19:06   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Does anyone else get the impression that the wheelbase seems larger than the Tiago?
Yes. Wheelbase is longer. It is a well-proportioned car, unlike many others with add-on boot.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks