Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 19:09   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Official website is now live :- https://tigor.tatamotors.com/

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Advance bookings for the Tata Tigor are now open at all Tata dealerships nationwide, for a sum of Rs 11,000/-.
Pre-bookings have now opened officially across all Tata dealerships, for a sum of Rs 5,000/-.

Official Press Release:

Quote:
Tata Motors today commenced pre-bookings for the Tata TIGOR, India’s first ‘StyleBack,’ across all authorized dealership with a booking amount of Rs 5000. Meant for the young and fast generation, Tata TIGOR comes with its stunning, break-free and revolutionary design, set to build on the Tata Motors’ existing passenger vehicle portfolio. The TIGOR offers completely new styling and design approach making it a unique market proposition.

Commenting on the occasion Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said."Denoting the IMPACT design language, best-in-class driving features and an advance infotainment system, the Tata TIGOR Styleback is a clear and exciting harbinger of future vehicles from Tata Motors, set to disrupt the passenger car market in India. We have received an overwhelming response for the TIGOR Styleback in its very first week of preview. We hope our customers enjoy the experience of our Styleback."

The TIGOR is an all new offering from Tata Motors and the third product embodying IMPACT Design philosophy which expresses a youthful mixture of design, style and attitude. It is designed to offer high performance and connectivity that reflects modern India and its global citizens. The dynamic stance of the vehicle is enhanced by extraordinary design elements including the three-dimensional headlamps with a smoked lens, sporty black bezel, sharp tail lamps and the prominent humanity line excites and accentuates the sportiness of the TIGOR.

The design enhances the looks of the product while maximizing the utility space, liberating space for passengers and in the boot. The car is intelligently designed with superior legroom and 24 utility spaces to provide ample storage to carry one’s world along. Furthermore, the interior architecture of the car is exquisitely designed with a dual-tone cockpit, luxurious patterned seats with bolsters, a premium knitted roof liner, along with customizable air vents, lending a very upmarket and inviting feel.

The TIGOR will be available in both petrol and diesel variants – Revotron 1.2L (petrol engine) and Revotorq 1.05L (diesel engine), with class-leading driving dynamics, for today’s young and fast generation. The Revotron 1.2L 3-cylinder petrol engine delivers an optimum power of 85ps and a maximum torque of 114Nm whereas the Revotorq 1.05L diesel engine delivers optimum power of 70ps and a maximum torque of 140Nm. Both engines are available with multi-drive modes – Eco and City. The Eco mode optimises engine performance for superior fuel economy while the City mode, which is also the default mode, optimises engine output for the best of both, a peppy driving experience and efficiency.
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-press200317a.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th March 2017 at 19:14.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 21:11   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
Renuka Kirpalani doesn't seem very excited with the Tigor!
The Link you have posted brings up a review by Mr. Nikhil Bhatia!
Where is Renuka Kripalini in the scene?
Her Hexa review was quite good and un-biased, to be honest.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st March 2017 at 12:35. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Old 20th March 2017, 22:09   #513
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016! Now Na...

Well, there was a post with the Autocar video review on this thread in the morning featuring Renuka Kirpalani. However, it seems that it was taken off. I quoted akhil994's post wrongly assuming that the written review was by the same person. My bad! Apologies for any confusion, but I was referring to the Autocar video review in my post.

Mod Note: The original youtube video was removed by the uploader, hence the post containing the video was removed.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st March 2017 at 12:38. Reason: Quoted post removed, but leaving your response for clarity.
Ajay_Sensei is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 00:03   #514
Sac
BHPian

Here's the link
and I believe she was quite balanced in her review, for a change.
Sac is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 02:24   #515
BHPian

Car looks stunning and petrol version seems to be the sensible pick based on all the video reviews. Looking for a car for my father in law and probably will go ahead with Tigor petrol version.

Not sure if the Tiago already has electrically retractable ORVMs along with day night mode IRVM. If yes, then it would be great if this was being offered on Tigor.

Also the biggest plus is the huge boot which was being compared to being bigger than ZEST and CRETA.

Few cons which I felt from the reviews (but still one can live with them):
1) Under thigh support seems to be a little low at the back side
2) Boot lid not having a button to release
3) Interiors - lower plastics quality and shade seems not to be living up to the car standards when viewed as a whole package
4) Age old design of door locks

Overall a great package on offer and wish Tata would have launched the automatic variant as well along with the manual variants, now that its already launched the same for Tiago.

I wish the car brings in huge numbers and becomes a great success story for Tata.

Query: What is the logic behind offering 14 inch regular looking alloys on the diesel variant v/s diamond cut 15 inch alloys on the petrol variant?
I personally liked the 15 inch alloy wheels - they look great.

Last edited by Eyas337 : 21st March 2017 at 02:27.
Old 21st March 2017, 03:27   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post

Query: What is the logic behind offering 14 inch regular looking alloys on the diesel variant v/s diamond cut 15 inch alloys on the petrol variant?
I personally liked the 15 inch alloy wheels - they look great.
You can open the boot using the car remote.

Maybe to balance the excess weight of the diesel engine are the driving dynamics of the diesel? Otherwise I don't see a reason.
Old 21st March 2017, 10:03   #517
BHPian

Hi. I got call from tata motors on arranging the test drives after launch. I questioned on AMT availabilty and didnt get any reply. The insiders in this forum has any clue on the launch of AMT model? Tata tiago AMT is very unique because of hill hold assist and creep function.
Old 21st March 2017, 10:53   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Hi. I got call from tata motors on arranging the test drives after launch. I questioned on AMT availabilty and didnt get any reply. The insiders in this forum has any clue on the launch of AMT model? Tata tiago AMT is very unique because of hill hold assist and creep function.
You can ask local dealer about Tiago AMT, if he gives you price details, ask him to arrange TD. If the TD vehicle isn't available, ask him to arrange one soon.

Clearly tell him that you want the Tiago AMT, and if he asks to book, reply strongly that unless TD, booking won't happen.

By doing this, the dealer is forced to act due to your interest. They also have fear of negative feedback from customers especially when a product available in market isn't available for sale/TD at the Showrooms. Just like this case.

Try this successful Tactic. I have done this many times. Once very recently (18th March 2017)
Old 21st March 2017, 11:30   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Also the biggest plus is the huge boot which was being compared to being bigger than ZEST and CRETA.
Yes, the Tigor has the biggest boot, not only in its segment, but a segment above too. Its 419 ltrs boot is bigger than other 4 mtr sedans, premium hatchbacks, Compact SUVs, Crossovers...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
You can open the boot using the car remote.
There are 2 ways.

1. Boot release button on the center console below the touch screen

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-img_20170316_123208.jpg

2. Middle lamp button on the remote key doubles up as boot opener - Renuka confirms the same in the review

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tigor.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...ew-404470.aspx

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st March 2017 at 11:38.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 13:03   #520
Senior - BHPian

Wonder how the designers managed to free up so much space. Its a miracle.

Looks like Tata does have the best designers working for them now. I was impressed with the Tiago, so the sedan version is a no brainer actually.

Now, to wait for the price.

[quote=Karthik Chandra;4167281]Yes, the Tigor has the biggest boot, not only in its segment, but a segment above too. Its 419 ltrs boot is bigger than other 4 mtr sedans, premium hatchbacks, Compact SUVs, Crossovers...
Old 21st March 2017, 13:24   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Wonder how the designers managed to free up so much space. Its a miracle.

Looks like Tata does have the best designers working for them now. I was impressed with the Tiago, so the sedan version is a no brainer actually.

Now, to wait for the price.
Tata Cars were always spacious right from thier Indica to other MUV/SUVs like Sumo/Spacio/Sierra etc.

Even new ones carry forward that, so Tigor being spacious even though not new was a good thing.

Their cars were not that attractive to look at, but with New launches that has changed, so full credit for Tata. But, what they also need to concentrate on is Engines. They make good engines, but that 1.3 Multijet in 75 BHP guise would have done good for Tigor. Even if Tata develops new engine, they should make 4 cylinder configuration as mandatory. Diesel's need 4 cylinders, there aren't many 3 cylinder Diesels left (Except Grand i10).

If these cars were light, we wouldn't have complained about the engine & performance. But it's inverse.
CarguyNish is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 13:46   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tigor diesel TD cars start arriving at dealerships.

Pics courtesy DJ.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-image44.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-image33.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-image22.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-image11.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Yes, the Tigor has the biggest boot, not only in its segment, but a segment above too. Its 419 ltrs boot is bigger than other 4 mtr sedans, premium hatchbacks, Compact SUVs, Crossovers...
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigorreview49.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigorreview48.jpg
(Source)

For the price (to be) asked, if that's not impressive, I don't know what else would be.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Maybe to balance the excess weight of the diesel engine are the driving dynamics of the diesel? Otherwise I don't see a reason.
Comparison between the tyre specs of both fuel types of the Tigor:

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-untitled.jpg
(Source)

D-BHPian RSR has summed up the reason nicely in his post, 3 pages back:

Quote:
Although the Tigor must have been built on a modified X0 platform with an improved suspension, the "front heavy" nature of the platform would have still made its presence felt. I believe Tigor would not be able to take too low profile a tyre without causing damage to the rims.

The petrol Tigor (1062 kg) is a fair bit lighter than its diesel sibling (1130 kg). All that additional weight of the diesel would be concentrated on the front on an already "front heavy" platform.

I guess Tata had no choice but to use tyres with a good sidewall height on at least the diesel Tigor.

Why they did not offer the same size of 175/65 R14 on the petrol too is a question that only they can answer (of course, the lighter petrol would indeed be able to tolerate lower profile tyres without damaging the rims). Further improving the petrol's aesthetic appeal, maybe?
  • Sidewall height of 175/65 R14 = 113.75 mm
  • Sidewall height of 175/60 R15 = 105 mm
Multiply the above by two to get the overall sidewall contribution of each tyre size. The diesel Tigor has an additional 17.5 mm of "rubber cushioning effect" over its petrol sibling.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st March 2017 at 14:14. Reason: added one more point.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 16:07   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Official website is now live :- https://tigor.tatamotors.com/

Pre-bookings have now opened officially across all Tata dealerships, for a sum of Rs 5,000/-.

Official Press Release:

The press release describes the car features in details but is silent on transmission system. Is Tata still thinking?

IMO, no reason AMT should not be mede available on Tigor from day one if the same now is being offered on Tiago. But Tata being what they are, may see some positive even in making customers wait.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 21st March 2017, 20:38   #524
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
There are 2 ways.
2. Middle lamp button on the remote key doubles up as boot opener - Renuka confirms the same in the review
Attachment 1621020
TATA cars of late, have the same key. Double press on unlock button will unlock all doors including boot door. At least that's the case with my ARIA. Middle button is for head lights
Old 21st March 2017, 20:46   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
TATA cars of late, have the same key. Double press on unlock button will unlock all doors including boot door. At least that's the case with my ARIA. Middle button is for head lights

He meant a different thing. In Aria, the boot has a separate button to open it, which is not present on the Tigor. We have to long press the headlamp button to open the boot on the Tigor which is quite different from the Aria mechanism.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks