Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2017, 12:42   #571
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Pricing seems to be fair enough, though maybe slightly above the range people were expecting. Just hope they stick to this 'introductory price' for quite some time at least, if they want to garner enough bookings and interest.
Old 29th March 2017, 12:42   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Where does this leave the Zest, I wonder. Between comparable variants of the Zest and Tigor, there would hardly be a price difference of 20 to 30K and given a choice, a customer would prefer to buy a newer model than a 3 year old one.

Till the rumoured Zest facelift comes along, there might be much sales of the Zest now
Zest has a more refined, and powerful 4 cylinder diesel engine producing 90bhp for which the 3 cylinder mill in Tigor is no match. In fact after this pricing the Zest looks like a really attractive option.
needforspeed88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:47   #573
BHPian

Available in 6 colours

Copper Dazzle
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-copper_dazzle.png

Berry Red
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-berry_red.png

Striker Blue
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-strike_blue.png

Espresso Brown
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-espresso_brwn.png

Pearlscent White
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-pearlscent_white.png

Platinum Silver
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-platinum_silver.png

Last edited by Debajyoti : 29th March 2017 at 12:52.
Debajyoti is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:48   #574
BANNED

With the expectations set by the Tiago pricing, I was expecting a rock-bottom pricing for Tigor. This is a sedan built on an A-segment hatch, not on B-segment hatch like Swift. I'm disappointed now.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:48   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Also, don't forget, the Tigor is a full lakh-rupees less than it's nearest competitiors for now.

The car could have been priced 15K-20K lesser, but then Tata would have been taking the price rise after April 2017 into account. Let's see how this translates into sales now.
The competitors run much better powertrains with superior NVH. The 4 cylinder diesel engine in Dzire alone is worth half the price difference.
needforspeed88 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:49   #576
Senior - BHPian

What does the XZ(O) offer above XZ?
Old 29th March 2017, 12:51   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Price is slightly higher than expected starting at 4.7 lakhs. If it could have started 4.5 lakhs, would have really been impressive. With the current pricing, while good, the upcoming Dzire, Xcent starting at around 5.2 lakhs, even Amaze after discounts wouldn't be too far in emi terms, and those brands have better pull and better engines than Tata..
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-comparo.jpg
As per this comparison chart shared by RavenAvi, Dzire and Xcent mid models(base barely sells anyways) are a good 80k-1L(ex-showroom) ahead of the Tigor(OTR would further add some $$) which ofcourse might be a few thousands in terms of EMI but then similarly if one looks at Dzire can pay a few more extra grands in EMI terms and go for Brezza. Doesn't work that way right? And not to forget from April 1st the prices will further jack up by 2%. I dont think Tigor will see a hike in 3 days, so the gap would widen.

For the inferior engine options the price difference seems legit to me. Yes 20k lesser would have made the deal even more sweeter. And not to forget the Tigor has a few things going for it viz; looks, boot space, rear legroom(not sure about this one?), the Audio system/interior quality. And ofcourse people did accept Tiago decently and that trust might work in favor of Tigor.

I doubt TATA expects the diesel to sell much anyways, so the petrol mid and top variants would be the one that will get the numbers just like Tiago.

Pricing could have been around 20k lesser but I guess they have factored in the April onwards hike and that's why the extra 20k.

Last edited by SoumenD : 29th March 2017 at 12:55.
SoumenD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:55   #578
RSR
Senior - BHPian

It looks like the Revotron petrol variants are going to account for 65 ~ 75 % of the Tigor's sales, just like its hatchback sibling. From the reviews, addition of a counter-balancer to the 1.2 litre 3-pot petrol, ECU tweaks and shorter gear ratios have changed the motor's character by significantly improving its NVH levels and throttle responses.

The 85 PS 1.2 litre 3-pot Revotron is the near-unanimous choice of the reviewers over the 70 PS 1.05 litre 3-pot Revotorq diesel. Given the 90,000 rupee price difference, which would translate to 1 lakh plus on-road in most cities, I believe the Revotron will outsell the Revotorq.

It's very stupid of Tata to limit airbags to the XZ & XZ(O). At least a driver airbag should have been provided even on the XE variant! Now, someone who wants a driver airbag will have no choice but to go for the XZ or its option pack. Also, lack of airbag(s) on the lower variants will affect the Tigor's safety rating, if & when it gets tested by Global NCAP.

Frankly, while the pricing is not bad per se, I did expect slightly lower prices, since the Tigor is going to be positioned below the Zest, with the upcoming Essentia being its main direct rival.

P.S.: In a way, I think the Tigor's pricing may entice customers who walk into a Tata showroom to also consider the Zest. It's a bigger, more spacious car built on Tata's X1 platform, with more powerful 4-pot engines (both petrol & diesel).

Tata should now rejuvenate the Zest by launching a facelifted version with slight tweaks and inclusion of new features. The lower variants of the pre-facelifted version can be retained for fleet buyers.

Last edited by RSR : 29th March 2017 at 13:23.
RSR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:58   #579
BHPian

I think they could have given proper 4 cylinder engines as options - turbocharged 1.2L Revotron and the 1.3 MJD in its 75 BHP tune as an option on XZ (O) and charged accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
With the expectations set by the Tiago pricing, I was expecting a rock-bottom pricing for Tigor. This is a sedan built on an A-segment hatch, not on B-segment hatch like Swift. I'm disappointed now.
Tiago is a B1 hatch, not an A. Only Alto, Eon, Kwid, RediGo and the Nano belong to A. Rest of the 4 meter sedans are based on B2 hatch backs. The Essentia would be the other sedan to be based on a B1 hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
What does the XZ(O) offer above XZ?
XZ (O) offers the following over XZ

# Touchscreen ICE
# Voice command recognition
# Video and Image playback
# 4 Tweeters
# Climate control
# Rear Camera with park assist
# Knitted roof liner (don’t know what exactly this is)

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 29th March 2017 at 13:28.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 13:02   #580
Senior - BHPian

Without discounts, there is a high probability that this product will sink. 4.7 L starting price would have been okay, if it came equipped with ABS and Airbags.
Old 29th March 2017, 13:03   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Where does this leave the Zest, I wonder. Between comparable variants of the Zest and Tigor, there would hardly be a price difference of 20 to 30K and given a choice, a customer would prefer to buy a newer model than a 3 year old one.

Till the rumoured Zest facelift comes along, there might be much sales of the Zest now
There always was a doubt if Tata will be able to find a sweet pricing spot for Tigor between Zest & Tiago. From current numbers, it seems they have not. Pricing is too close to comfort for Zest. Though better in styling compared to Zest, Tigor surely has inferior set of engines while other comparative aspects still unknown.

From their perspective, Tata now has two options for customers in sub 4m category, the way Maruti looks at its family of hatchbacks. If one loves the form, will go for Tigor. If particular about performance aspect, Zest will do duty for him. The sales team will be happy as long as one of them is being picked by the person walking in.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 13:06   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Both engines come with balancer shafts.

[left]4 variants on offer - XE, XT, XZ & XZ(O).
Thanks as always RavenAvi!! Any idea where in Hyderabad did the launch event take place? Being a holiday today, I can drop in to catch a glimpse of the car.

The pricing is good, not disruptive as expected. ABS in the XE variant would have made it a sweet deal.

I see that the knitted roofliner is only available on the XZ(O) variant. Did it not come in all the variants in Tiago?

Copper Dazzle is a drool-worthy color!! Espresso brown, though a good colour, seems redundant now, as it becomes just another brown colour with Copper Dazzle in place.

Though placed at a safe distance from the Zest, I feel that the Zest is even more VFM. Unfortunately it is a great car that never picked up as, for an average Joe, it was just an Indigo Manza with a "mole on the face" .

Last edited by dheepak10 : 29th March 2017 at 13:12.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 13:18   #583
BHPian

The boot space is also pretty good for its price and class. Can be a USP in itself.

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 29th March 2017 at 13:21.
Old 29th March 2017, 13:19   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
The boot space is bigger than even Creta's :o (atleast on paper - 420 vs 400 ltr)
So is Hyundai Xcent's :O (407 ltr vs 400 lts).
Old 29th March 2017, 13:22   #585
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016! Now Named TIGOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
So is Hyundai Xcent's :O (407 ltr vs 400 lts).
Yea I realized that later and edited my post to appropriately reflect my enthusiasm
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks