Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 14:25   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Btw, has anyone done a TD yet?
I don't think dealers have started giving it. Plz update if someone has gotten it in NCR region.
Old 30th March 2017, 15:54   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Btw, has anyone done a TD yet?
I don't think dealers have started giving it. Plz update if someone has gotten it in NCR region.
Check Pahwa Autoworld A2/5 Safdarjung Enclave
9599710150 for test drive
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 16:10   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
They lack a bit in performance which is OK for an day to day City commuting.

This debate of Tigor not having a Proper 4 cylinder engine came into question when Tata announced the prices yesterday.

Yes, one doesn't require performance in City limits. Only drivability & Efficiency matters. But, on Highways, the Tiago isn't effortless to drive. I have taken my Tiago on Highway Drive once (40 kms). Despite the additional torque on Diesel, it does take time to build momentum. And the NVH levels are high, same will be the case with Tigor. Why performance matters is that not everyone can afford multiple cars.

If Tata had priced Tigor XZ & XZ(O) cheaper by around 25-30k or offered 1.3 Multijet in those variants at least, I wouldn't have complained.

Yes, 1.2 Petrol with 85ps & 115Nm of torque is on par with Swift/Dzire & others. In fact the Petrol will be the major contributor just like Tiago. I don't have any complaints regarding Petrol.

Ah..there you go. This is what I have been saying/trying to say. The Diesel is overpriced for what it offers (Engine Part). Someone looking at XZ variants would be looking at Aspire Diesel just for that better engine alone. If Tata doesn't see much bookings for Diesel, they may replace this 1.0 D with 1.3 in future. This 1.0 Diesel is acceptable on Tiago but not Tigor especially given the pricing factor.
I had to quote a fairly large part of your post as one sentence seems to answer the other. The Tigor is a city runabout car. Simple as that. Performance is lacking but the engine can manage a clean 100 kmph on the highway (based on the Tiagos I have seen). It's only going to be a bit lethargic to reach there. We are abundantly spoilt for choice with various offerings from various manufacturers, so we can nitpick about each car lacking in something or the other.

The regret for most members here is that Tata should have either kept the price lower or offered a bigger engine. I too would love to have the 90BHP Multijet on my Vista (which unfortunately was not on offer at that time of purchase). Let's not keep beating the same bush all the time. Team BHP has over 80000 members of which a few hundred are active. It does not change the perception of the car-buying majority which is the general public.

The only perception that Tata currently needs to beat is that they are unreliable and that their A.S.S is weak. The Tiago has been a decent performer in sales (50000 plus in about a year). When was the last time we saw Tata selling something like this? Definitely not in the last decade.

I already mentioned that Tata has sportier versions of the same engines ready. They are just playing it cautiously and allowing for mid-term upgrades hopefully.
discoverwild is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 16:49   #649
BHPian

I was also expecting Tiago like aggressive pricing but on a second thought it seems to be fairly priced given the features it offers and we are forgetting the main USP, the stylish boot integration including boot operating mechanism which is appreciated by all. Surely they would have spent some money on its design etc.

Only downer is the absence of ABS & Airbags in lower variants. Even Tiago offers optional airbags in lower variants, not sure what are they smoking in this case, also going by their naming convention XT is supposed to be top variant and skipping dual airbags in XT is even bigger miss.

As far as market success is concerned IMO it will be as successful as the Tiago. As per Mayank Pareek the price at which it is launched covers a wide market spectrum ranging from hatchbacks, premium hatchbacks to compact sedans.
Old 30th March 2017, 16:58   #650
VVP

The pricing looks OK with the new found confidence that TATA has garnered through the success of TIAGO. I hope it's not an introductory price especially when GST is around the corner. Also wish that the car brings in a lot more than just the styleback from the hatch back to the party, and stamps a spot in the crowded compact sedan segment.
Old 31st March 2017, 12:32   #651
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I saw Tigor on road. (Bronze Shade) It does look good especially from Rear 3 Quarters. Due to design, the rear does look a bit tall like the Zest.

It is a good car, and the Petrol is well priced & will be better option. Tata shouldn't delay AMT launch. They should also think of launching Diesel AMT with that 1.3 Multijet at a premium over current 1.0 Diesel.

I am predicting sales of 3k to 4.5k/month for this Tata Tigor.
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 13:06   #652
BHPian

I don't understand that why always people want to criticise for no reason. If TATA would come up with pricing comparable to Dzire, then it would have been bashed like anything.

We should appreciate that a home grown car manufacturer is giving tough time to foreign car manufacturers and might compromise on few aspects such as profits etc. Hats off to Tata for fighting alone ...
car_crazy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 17:03   #653
BHPian

Tata Tiagor AMT launch “not far”, says company’s marketing head

Speaking to IAB on the sidelines of the Tigor launch in Delhi, Tata Motors’ Marketing head, Vivek Srivatsa, has confirmed that the Tata Tigor AMT will launch in the market soon.

When asked about the Tigor AMT, Srivatsa told our reporter: "We’ve just launched the Tata Tiago AMT earlier this month, so there’s a ramp up happening. It has to go step by step. So it’s not far. We’ll launch the Tigor with AMT as well, and it’s only a matter of time before we do that."

Source: IAB
keeprevving is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 08:50   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Will you buy Tigor D (XZ O) over Aspire D (Titanium) for difference of 13k ?

Also, what stopped Tata from offering Option Packs on XE & XT Trims like they have on Tiago ? If they didn't want to give option packs, they should have made Airbags as standard at launch itself.
My heart would say Aspire but mind will say Tigor. In regular city commutes where maximum speed will be 40-60kmph, the reversing camera and Harman 8 speaker ICE would have greater impact than the additional engine power which won't be utilized most of the time.
Figo and Aspire don't have touchscreen, reversing camera or sensor even in the top trim but has 6 airbags and sold 1488 & 1926 units respectively. Grand i10 has touchscreen in 3 out of 5 trims but ABS only in the top trim yet sold 12862 units last month. Manufacturers just follow what the market demands. Unless safety features are made mandatory, this trend won't change. Sad but this is the ugly truth.
Debajyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 10:49   #655
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
We should appreciate that a home grown car manufacturer is giving tough time to foreign car manufacturers and might compromise on few aspects such as profits etc. Hats off to Tata for fighting alone ...
Patriotism aside, products should be judged as-is. Not as homegrown or not, IMO!

Tiago was well appreciated for all its qualities, and even Tigor is! Qualities like the external styling has been appreciated by one and all as the best in the segment.

In the same way, criticism has to be taken as well. And it all started because TATA left a small elephant in the room with the pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Grand i10 has touchscreen in 3 out of 5 trims but ABS only in the top trim yet sold 12862 units last month. Manufacturers just follow what the market demands.
The same ultra successful Grand i10 received a poor response with their small diesel engine. Hyundai had to rework the same for the facelift now.

Even Tigor will need to bank on the petrol variant for the sales.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 10:56   #656
BHPian

Car buying public do care and value performance. People tend to stay away from under powered cars especially when better performance is offered by competition at the same price point. Also worth noting is that real world performance matters more than on paper specs. Good example of i10 quoted in previous posts. Another example was the celerio diesel. I think TATA would be missing an opportunity by not offering good engines.

Last edited by MinivanDriver : 1st April 2017 at 10:59.
MinivanDriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 18:37   #657
BHPian

Tigor amt is in the works!

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/03/t...ampaign=buffer

This will be just awesome. However, are there any reviews of the Tiago amt yet?
zhopudey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 19:44   #658
BHPian

My Manza has done 120k in 7 years. It is just fashionable to bash Tata on any small gap - in this case price when product is absolutely perfect for segment. Look at those alloys - and then look at alloys of competition that suck. Interiors, features - everything is great. Could never digest the hideous rear of Hyundai Ascent.

Tiago is perfect and I am considering it for my second ride - replacing Manza. I don't like anything else in the segment. Figo and Aspire - have driven both while buying S-Cross - super super flimsy. It is not just about safety - those are tinny like Marutis are. S-cross is less tinny, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharunkar View Post
Today I got to see the Tata Tigor on the road. It was a test drive vehicle. The best part of the design is the way the rear windscreen and the boot are integrated. I just wish they had given the diesel 15 inch rims. With this pricing I think Tata have got another winner. We have a Manza in the family and it has been serving us well for over 7 years and 140K kms. Although it is lower on space when compared to the Manza, I would definitely consider replacing the Manza with the Tigor.
Old 1st April 2017, 21:46   #659
Senior - BHPian

Curious - how is the Tigor supposed to be differentiated vs the Zest?

Just like the Ignis is supposed to be the funky millenial car for people who somehow like paying a premium for nice claustrophobic interiors and the privilege of having no knee room, vs a more spacious car like the Baleno.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 22:32   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Curious - how is the Tigor supposed to be differentiated vs the Zest?
Cost less (50-60K ex-sh) , more fuel efficient, stylish, projector headlamps, bigger boot, better alloys, rear arm rest, electrical boot unlock. These are some of the differences comparing to Zest.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks