Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 19:14   #16
BANNED

Re: India-built Duster gets recalled in UK for corrosion/rust issues. No recall in India?

Example of another cost cutting and dumping lowest quality in cost concerned country, time to dump these manufacturer?
Toyota did with their entry level cars, Nissan Go, Maruti no wonder they are the major player in this game from last 30+ years, Triumph cheated by selling de tuned bikes in the name of 100+ BHP bike what next?
Old 4th December 2014, 19:59   #17
BHPian

Re: India-built Duster gets recalled in UK for corrosion/rust issues. No recall in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Example of another cost cutting and dumping lowest quality in cost concerned country, time to dump these manufacturer?
Toyota did with their entry level cars, Nissan Go, Maruti no wonder they are the major player in this game from last 30+ years, Triumph cheated by selling de tuned bikes in the name of 100+ BHP bike what next?
Before we make this INDIA VS WEST shall we wait for Renault's response. Also Duster is being made in India Since 2012. Probably you missed this as well.. our very own thread..
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/triumph...ication-fiasco
Old 4th December 2014, 20:33   #18
BHPian

Is rusting seen only in dusters? Or are terranos too prone to this? Though Nissan has done significant styling and sheet metal changes, don’t think terrano can escape this fiasco
Old 4th December 2014, 21:05   #19
BHPian

Will be keeping an eye on this. Hope Renault issue a recall notice and replace the faulty parts at no cost. Since this is related to steering column, this can lead to accidental damage in the long run if not taken care of. This is not a small issue at all. Wish we had a strong customer centric approach here in India.
Old 5th December 2014, 14:20   #20
BHPian

We need to wait and see what is the reaction of Renault to rusting issue in India. Most probably faulty process might be the reason for this rusting. They need to do analysis and come up with reason and solution to the issue. If it is handled in transparent way, it would help build people confidence in their brand.
Old 5th December 2014, 14:51   #21
BHPian

If Renault is not ready to recall and fix this in India, I think we should ask them to rename Duster as "Ruster". But do we know if this is happening due to any specific climatic condition in the UK or only in any particular region, if so it will be easy for Renault to wash their hands off this one. But as a responsible company they should at least examine if there is such a trend when the cars are brought over for regular service and then issue a recall to fix.
shinuak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 18:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
We can offer non rusting cars and parts, but Indian customers would have to pay more. This would easily increase prices by Rs. 30-40,000."
Also offering a non rusting car will cause people to drive their rusting two wheelers and not upgrade to cars with make the rusted two wheeler more unsafe that rusted 4wheeler.

R.C. Bakwas.
Old 5th December 2014, 18:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
If Renault is not ready to recall and fix this in India, I think we should ask them to rename Duster as "Ruster". But do we know if this is happening due to any specific climatic condition in the UK or only in any particular region, if so it will be easy for Renault to wash their hands off this one. But as a responsible company they should at least examine if there is such a trend when the cars are brought over for regular service and then issue a recall to fix.

There are cases of Duster rust issues reported in this forum, a few are mentioned in this thread too. So it's not restricted to exported Dusters only, anyways exported models are expected to be better in quality, isn't it? :-)

Just curious if Indian government has any agency monitoring quality of exported goods from country?
Old 5th December 2014, 18:26   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
There are cases of Duster rust issues reported in this forum, a few are mentioned in this thread too. So it's not restricted to exported Dusters only, anyways exported models are expected to be better in quality, isn't it? :-)
But then I think Renault deserves credit!! Unlike MSIL and a few others, Renault's export vehicles are of the same (or worse!) quality (or lack there-of ) as made for India.

Reinhard is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 18:48   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Sometime last year I had read about and seen snaps of a flooded warehouse in Kochi with a lot of Dusters marooned there in our forum itself. Can this be a result of something like this? Maybe those were taken back by company and put to use elsewhere after a redo. But looking at the magnitude of the issue, I doubt it to be related to that flooding case. I need to keep an eye on this thread as I am very much keen on owning a Duster myself.
Old 5th December 2014, 19:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

More on the rust issue,

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 19:38   #27
BHPian

Fingers crossed and waiting for inputs from other owners in BLR to comment.
Old 6th December 2014, 10:23   #28
BHPian

Again one of those frustrating incidents where you feel discriminated as an indian! I think if the citizens are not really able to generate sufficient furore to get these 'Foreign Direct Investments' to adhere to requisite standards then The Government Of India should take the necessary steps.( like the recent step with regards to safety equipment)
The argument that government interference would not be good for business environment is not applicable here as considering our population no big automotive company could bear to ignore India. Its best that we use our 'huge market' leverage to get due consideration from these firms.
Old 6th December 2014, 13:17   #29

I just checked my Duster 85PS, bought in April 2013 at Chennai.
The steering rack is rusted! Since I had done flooring, the rack wasn't very visible. A little stooping and with a torch, the rust is visible!
Wonder how many other parts do we need to check for rust!! :(
Since my car is out of warranty now, would I be able to hold Renault responsible for this rust? What are the perils of driving along with this rust? Please enlighten
josephnishanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 13:54   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnishanth View Post
I just checked my Duster 85PS, bought in April 2013 at Chennai.
The steering rack is rusted!
Since my car is out of warranty now, would I be able to hold Renault responsible for this rust? What are the perils of driving along with this rust? Please enlighten
How is an April 2013 car already out of warranty? I think even if owners of dusters on our forum start one united campaign along with the reference to the recall issued in UK then you have a good chance of getting the issues rectified here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks