Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 10:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore: Mercedes-Benz R&D India opens its 2nd facility

Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (MBRDI) has inaugurated its second dedicated facility, at Whitefield, Bangalore. Located near the MBRDI HQ in Whitefield Palms, the "Embassy Crest" facility is spread over an area of 2,66,000 sqft. The new centre has a capacity to house more than 2,400 employees.

Manu Saale, MD & CEO MBRDI, stated that MBRDI has an 18 year old history in India. He added that the brand's growth strategy focuses on "harnessing local capabilities." The location is strategically placed given Bangalore's strong IT background.

MBRDI was founded in 1996. The division focuses on topics ranging from computer-aided design and simulations (CAD, CAE) for powertrain, chassis and exteriors to embedded systems, telematics and developing various IT applications and tools.

Bangalore: Mercedes-Benz R&D India opens its 2nd facility-unnamed-2.jpg

Bangalore: Mercedes-Benz R&D India opens its 2nd facility-unnamed-1.jpg

Bangalore: Mercedes-Benz R&D India opens its 2nd facility-unnamed.jpg
Tushar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 12:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Mercedes-Benz R&D India opens its 2nd facility

Its weird I didnt put it up but my firm has actually carried out all the water supply and drain systems for this building. It was an old existing building that was refurbished for Mercedes Benz. It houses a cool mini theater on the top floor what I assume would be for training and video sessions with their employees.

What is opened is only the first phase. An extension of the building is currently in progress.
Fullrevs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 15:22   #3
BHPian

The building extension may not be occupied by Mercedes-Benz, i think. Most of this facility will be used by the IT Services departments.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 19:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
The building extension may not be occupied by Mercedes-Benz, i think. Most of this facility will be used by the IT Services departments.
Yeah, this is true. From what I know, this is will be the Operations for their Data Center, which was not a direct part of MBRDI, but has been made so over the last couple of years.
ahwajid is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks