Team-BHP - New ICML SUV to be developed by Pininfarina & Lotus!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New ICML SUV to be developed by Pininfarina & Lotus! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/15856-new-icml-suv-developed-pininfarina-lotus.html)

ICML, the makers of the Rhino is working on new SUV. While just that might not excite any of us, few details of the project sure got me hoping.

To develop the new offering, they are entering into tie-ups with none other than Lotus and Pininfarina!!! Now imagine an SUV which actually handles like its been designed by Lotus (unlike the Scorpio) and looks like a stunner.

Apart from this, they are getting into a JV with some (undisclosed) global car manufacturer to manufacture their line of cars in India.

As for the Rhino, they are testing their CRDi variants at the moment. All this looks impressive for a company which just got into the business.

Hope they don't fizzle out. Hoping its another M&M in the making.

Wow! This sounds really promising. Good to see so much optimism from a company whose first car hasnt taken off yet. I havent even seen one on the roads, though I do see a few test mules inside Arai.

OT: Does anyone know more about the Virgo from Arjun Motors? It is a Tata Ace like light truck, with the option of even a crew cab. Saw their ad in this months Overdrive.

That sounds interesting, both of them Pininfarina and Lotus are pioneers in their fields. Lets wait and see how the SUV looks like and drives like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo
Wow! This sounds really promising. Good to see so much optimism from a company whose first car hasnt taken off yet. I havent even seen one on the roads, though I do see a few test mules inside Arai.

OT: Does anyone know more about the Virgo from Arjun Motors? It is a Tata Ace like light truck, with the option of even a crew cab. Saw their ad in this months Overdrive.

You have not seen any coz they have not yet targeted any other states than some in the North. I think its a better strategy to cater to a limited market with full potentiel than cater to the full market with limited potentiel.

Though I appreciate ICML taking help from the pros, its really not a big deal to have Pininfarina and Lotus help you in design. Both of them have a business where companies can hire their services. Simple outsourcing.

Hii guys...this is a long time met you all, look at the new SUV desined by ICML looks like a scorpio is been improrvised now, thay say that pininfarina is talking business with ICML to build its world car & SUV by 2011...I guess if Pininfarina is with ICML these guys, would rock well with products, rasonably competitive promising. This is quite an inspiring url ICML MD Deepak Mittal on company's 'world car' plans- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

I think they should first develop and 'India SUV' something that will work all over India and then think of the world SUV.

Its good news. What they need is a better designed vehicle with powertrain ( will be sourced from the global manufactuerer ) to match.

They can also do with the expansion of dealer network without compromising on quality.

Looks promising. I hope they are able to set their own internal goals unlike in the present product where they ended up looking like qualis.

Lets hope this new model has nothing to do with the design study/prototype on display at this years Auto Expo. After seeing that, I am glad that ICML are going under Pininfarina's surgical knife!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 928679)
Its good news. What they need is a better designed vehicle with powertrain ( will be sourced from the global manufactuerer ) to match.

They can also do with the expansion of dealer network without compromising on quality.

Looks promising. I hope they are able to set their own internal goals unlike in the present product where they ended up looking like qualis.

The engines specs still looks good. And this idea of getting redesign and suspension work was talked about long before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 928734)
The engines specs still looks good.

The present engine has bore X stroke of 84.4mm X 88.9mm making it 1994cc. The engine develops 100bhp at 3600 rpm and 220nm at 2400.

I would expect atleast 120 bhp form this capacity motor in the present era. I hope in the next car, they are able to provide more powerful engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 928734)

And this idea of getting redesign and suspension work was talked about long before.

Yes it is still being discussed at :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...no-qualis.html

But it was basically what I would expect from ICML if they are getting their design done from such a reputed institution.

From what I've heard, except the engine, the suspension and the body dies bought from Toyota, the vehicle was pretty much crap.

But yes, the company is putting all behind its world car. True genuine development happening. What they need to get right is dealerships and pricing (hey that sounded so Fiat, didn't it?) :D

This is the ICML concept i saw at the Delhi Auto show this year. I did not see any mention of Pininfarina as the designer, but except for the front treatment, the overall design is a vast improvement over the current breadbox.

You gotta love the Brabus style rims running low-pro rubber though!!

this doesnt look like pinninfarina job to me, and looks like they have got inspired from NEW SUMO