Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 00:07   #16
BHPian

re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

I drove the V40 cross country (petrol - 180 bhp) across areas in Bangalore around Murgeshpalaya and ORR. Not once did it scrape even though I crossed the typical humps on the internal roads. I was conscious of the stated low GC so it was a surprise.
I love the looks of the car but found the gear box to be a bit lazy. It does mask the speed well but did not find the feel of the engine/gearbox to be punchy for a 180 bhp engine.

Plus most of the bells & whistles were in the diesel model which came at ~45L. It would be good to get an on-road view with the v40.
Hells Bells is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 10:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

This is fabulous news! I have LOVED the V40 from the time it was launched abroad & I still feel it's the best looking Volvo on the roads. A big thanks to Volvo for launching this smashing hatch in India. The V40, according to me, is the best looking entry premium hatch today easily beating the A class in that department. It's got a decent engine, drives good I am sure and is a looker. Logically, it should outsell the Merc A Class easily if only people can look beyond the brand pull of a Merc.

Any idea when the all new V40 is coming?
amit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:20   #18
BHPian

Re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

Got my brand new V40 Cross Country in Feb of this year. Absolutely gorgeous machine. I had ordered for a black with black interiors. Got the surprise of my life, when the black interiors were refined for this year's model. It came in dual colors of Brown with Black. Absolutely killer looks.

And looks a beauty and drives like hell.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150205_184938.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150205_184338.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150205_184210.jpg  

NannuBhai is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 05:58   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
Got my brand new V40 Cross Country in Feb of this year. It came in dual colors of Brown with Black. Absolutely killer looks.
Hey congratulations! Can you please post a couple of interior pics? Interested to see the black and brown combination. Thanks!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 09:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Got my brand new V40 Cross Country in Feb of this year. Absolutely gorgeous machine. I had ordered for a black with black interiors. Got the surprise of my life, when the black interiors were refined for this year's model. It came in dual colors of Brown with Black. Absolutely killer looks.

And looks a beauty and drives like hell.
Congrats buddy on your purchase. Volvo cars are very understated, but of late they have been designing some killer looking machines. One of my favorite qualities of Volvo cars are their unbeatable sense for safety innovations. Please share pics of the interiors and also highlight the safety features in your car.
karthick_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 23:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hey congratulations! Can you please post a couple of interior pics? Interested to see the black and brown combination. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
Congrats buddy on your purchase. Volvo cars are very understated, but of late they have been designing some killer looking machines. One of my favorite qualities of Volvo cars are their unbeatable sense for safety innovations. Please share pics of the interiors and also highlight the safety features in your car.
Thanks Guys. Yeah, the vehicle is awesome.Following are some pics of my car's interiors. Not sure if my photography does justice to the actual quality & killer looks of the interiors or not.

Lemme know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150622_124549.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150623_125900.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150624_160038.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150624_160052.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150624_160106.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150624_160147.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20150624_160156.jpg  

NannuBhai is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 23:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
Oh Yes - and about the safety features....
  • Roughly about 8 airbags
  • City Safety Feature - A feature where the car brakes for you, if it senses too close to danger of colliding. If speed is between 0 & 20, it brings the car to a grinding halt. And if speed is between 20 & 50, it slows down the vehicle. This system is active always on speeds of 50 KMPH or below. And it works wonderfully well.....Tested it and it works great!
  • It has full time sensors to let us know of nearby traffic. Applicable on lower speeds only.
  • Headlights turn along with the steering wheel.
  • It claims to lower the LED headlights so that the driver on the opposite direction does not get blinded. Not sure how effectively this works.
  • Reinforced passenger compartment
  • Side Impact Protection
  • Side Airbags
  • Whiplash Protection System
  • Also has airbags for Pedestrian impact

So, in case of an impact, appears to me that the whole vehicle would be filled with inflatable balloons. Just J/k. Hope I don't get to see that day.

The biggest selling point feature for me would be the City Safety Feature.

Audio is mind blowing with Harmon Kardon sound system. Trance music is at it's best in here.
NannuBhai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 00:48   #23
Team-BHP Support

I had the opportunity to drive the V40 Cross Country (diesel) in and around Bangalore thanks to a friend who was looking to buy a cross-over for city-use. I have to say I loved the car to bits! A few observations:

- The 5-cylinder diesel sounded like no other diesel I've driven. It was raspy!

- The gearbox is lazy and slow to respond.

- Interior quality / fit-finish is fantastic! Quietly spoken class!

- Space is a constraint and it struggles to accommodate 4 large people. The boot is small too.

- The panoramic sunroof does not open, although the auto-retractable blinds are quite the party-trick.

- It turned heads where ever we went. It's a stunning looking car!
suhaas307 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 11:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I had the opportunity to drive the V40 Cross Country (diesel) in and around Bangalore thanks to a friend who was looking to buy a cross-over for city-use. I have to say I loved the car to bits! A few observations:

- The 5-cylinder diesel sounded like no other diesel I've driven. It was raspy!

- The gearbox is lazy and slow to respond.

- Interior quality / fit-finish is fantastic! Quietly spoken class!

- Space is a constraint and it struggles to accommodate 4 large people. The boot is small too.

- The panoramic sunroof does not open, although the auto-retractable blinds are quite the party-trick.

- It turned heads where ever we went. It's a stunning looking car!
Yes. It's a definite Head Turner. Car looks awesome. I wanted the White one...but unfortunately, the Modi Govt had decided to increase the import costs (or was it excise duties) from this year. So, the White one (with black skirts & fenders) would've looked gorgeous....but more expensive. So I settled for this black one - which is still beautiful on it's own.

The Panoramic Moon Roof (?) is awesome too. Shared a couple of pics with the recent rains here in Pune.

The engine power is good. I thought it was better than the Audi A4 that I had earlier.

I am also planning on buying and using the "Polestar" that Volvo has. Increase the engine power from 150 to 177 bhp & the torque from 350 to 400Nm. They say this configuration would enable us to get more power without any sacrifices on mileage. Anything more and this would impact the mileage.

Overall - "Am loving it!!"
NannuBhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 12:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
  • Roughly about 8 airbags
  • City Safety Feature - A feature where the car brakes for you, if it senses too close to danger of colliding. If speed is between 0 & 20, it brings the car to a grinding halt. And if speed is between 20 & 50, it slows down the vehicle. This system is active always on speeds of 50 KMPH or below. And it works wonderfully well.....Tested it and it works great!
Thanks for your inputs on safety. Those rain drop pics were also beautiful. Hoping to see more reports from you. Happy driving.
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 15:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys. Yeah, the vehicle is awesome.Following are some pics of my car's interiors. Not sure if my photography does justice to the actual quality & killer looks of the interiors or not.

Lemme know what you guys think.
WOW
Many Congratulations Buddy!

Volvo is making some super sexy cars these days and the price is spot on with unique safety features that no other car maker offers.

Love the black+brown interiors. Looks very luxurious in and out.
Wish you Happy Motoring! and yeah if its a car, it has to be black IMO
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 15:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
WOW
Many Congratulations Buddy!

Volvo is making some super sexy cars these days and the price is spot on with unique safety features that no other car maker offers.

Love the black+brown interiors. Looks very luxurious in and out.
Wish you Happy Motoring! and yeah if its a car, it has to be black IMO
Thank you. Yes. I'm totally in love with my v40.

When I took it to Goa, was lucky to get a long straight stretch just beyond Kolhapur on NH4. The car was superbly planted so much on the ground. The handling was great.... Didn't feel even for a wee bit that the vehicle would go out of control. Just that I ran out of road space and with traffic.

But it was firmly planted on the ground, which gives the feel good factor.

Black Brown - yeah - looks rich & luxurious. Black is great as well....

Am loving it.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th June 2015 at 16:01. Reason: Removing mention of illegally high speeds on public roads.
Old 26th June 2015, 16:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

• Side Impact Protection
The biggest selling point feature for me would be the City Safety Feature.
Hey NannuBhai first off, congrats on acquiring the most sophisticated and technologically advanced Hatch in India today.

A gentleman within my circle picked up this stead and I agree with everything that you have posted. Further to the feature you have listed, I was also told:

- IF and WHEN there is a side impact, the seats are designed to shift by a few inches in the opposite direction of the impact and thereby reducing the collision force on the occupant !!

I was blown away with this feature and have decided that when I venture into premium hatch segment in distant future, Volvo will be at the very top of my list.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 26th June 2015 at 16:14.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 16:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey NannuBhai first off, congrats on acquiring the most sophisticated and technologically advanced Hatch in India today.

A gentleman within my circle picked up this stead and I agree with everything that you have posted. Further to the feature you have listed, I was also told:

- IF and WHEN there is a side impact, the seats are designed to shift by a few inches in the opposite direction of the impact and thereby reducing the collision force on the occupant !!

I was blown away with this feature and have decided that when I venture into premium hatch segment in distant future, Volvo will be at the very top of my list.
Holy Cow.!!!! I didn't know this existed. No wonder they call Volvo as the safest vehicle on the planet.

Thanks for the heads up!! :
Old 26th June 2015, 17:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It's a definite Head Turner. Car looks awesome. I wanted the White one...

I am also planning on buying and using the "Polestar" that Volvo has. Increase the engine power from 150 to 177 bhp & the torque from 350 to 400Nm. They say this configuration would enable us to get more power without any sacrifices on mileage. Anything more and this would impact the mileage.

Overall - "Am loving it!!"
Many congratulations!!!
I do have White with full black interiors, polestar and heico sportive exhaust. Clocked 11000 kms in three months!!
It's true pocket rocket
Please pm me your cell number, we have Volvo owner's whatsapp group.
Happy miles ahead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks