Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 11:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I just picked a white V40 cross country T4 from Artemis motors Chennai on the 31st of September. I got a sweet deal on the car because it was a petrol. Will post pics later during the weekend. My only gripe of only would be the ground clearance because my other rides are the Skoda yeti XUV 5oo and the ford endeavor. The car is a absolute beauty and total head Turner.
Congratulations !!!

Welcome to Volvo group. Tried to PM you, we have Volvo owner's whats app group.

Enjoy your ride.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 19:14   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Congratulation and welcome to Volvo Owner's Club
I sent PM to you.

Regards
Hi Raosaheb,
Im a owner of S60 since 2013 ! Would love to be a part of the group too!

Regards,
Abhas
Old 25th October 2015, 21:36   #48
BANNED

Adding few pics of Volvo V40 which i had taken during my visit to service station near electronic city.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-20150720_1330541.jpg  

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-20150720_1330541.jpg  

volvo_harish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:48   #49
BHPian

My current status does not allow me to send and receive PM's. I have been a member for over 7 years now but have not posted but have been actively following the forum all these years. Do let me know if there is another way that i can get on the volvo owner's group.

I will post pics a little later during the week because of my work schedule and an impeding visit to Thirumala.

I got a great deal on the Volvo 40 CC T4 because it was a petrol. We come from a family whose diet consists of Diesel. This was picked over the B-class and the Mini Cooper S because
1.) B-class was extremely staid and a big bore to drive.
2.) The guys at KUN exclusive here in chennai were acting pricey to give the car for a test drive.
Old 27th October 2015, 11:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
My current status does not allow me to send and receive PM's. I have been a member for over 7 years now but have not posted but have been actively following the forum all these years. Do let me know if there is another way that i can get on the volvo owner's group.

I will post pics a little later during the week because of my work schedule and an impeding visit to Thirumala.

I got a great deal on the Volvo 40 CC T4 because it was a petrol. We come from a family whose diet consists of Diesel. This was picked over the B-class and the Mini Cooper S because
2.) The guys at KUN exclusive here in chennai were acting pricey to give the car for a test drive.
My cell no: 9624098007
Its direct & fastest way to contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhas View Post
Hi Raosaheb,
Im a owner of S60 since 2013 ! Would love to be a part of the group too!

Regards,
Abhas
Sent you PM. yours is D5 or T6 ?

Happy Volvoing !!!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2015 at 07:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hey ninjax, I'm currently contemplating between the V40-R Design(Diesel) & the V40 Cross Country(Petrol) The R Design's ground clearance is not so great & I'm leaning more towards the CC.
1) Does it clear speed breakers & pot holes easily or do you have to manoeuvre around them?
2) Is the Petrol version still available for sale or is stock being cleared? A couple of sites list only the D3 version although the Volvo site lists the T4
3) Lastly, what kind of discounts are on offer?

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th April 2016 at 02:15. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
Hey ninjax, I'm currently contemplating between the V40-R Design(Diesel) & the V40 Cross Country(Petrol) The R Design's ground clearance is not so great & I'm leaning more towards the CC.
1) Does it clear speed breakers & pot holes easily or do you have to manoeuvre around them?
2) Is the Petrol version still available for sale or is stock being cleared? A couple of sites list only the D3 version although the Volvo site lists the T4
V40 cross country is available only in D3 version.
V40R Design is in Petrol.
About ground clearance issue, ninjax may give better idea.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:16   #53
BHPian

Quote:
V40 cross country is available only in D3 version.
V40R Design is in Petrol.
About ground clearance issue, ninjax may give better idea.
Think you've got it the other way around. The V40 is available only in Diesel. The sales guy reiterated that twice; The V40CC on the other hand, has both the D3 & T4.
Link from the website below

V40 Cross Country Specs
V40 Specs
Old 28th October 2015, 17:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Think you've got it the other way around. The V40 is available only in Diesel. The sales guy reiterated that twice; The V40CC on the other hand, has both the D3 & T4.
Link from the website below

V40 Cross Country Specs
V40 Specs
Have you checked with dealer?
Here CC is available only in D3.
V40 is also in Petrol T4.
Anyway, which one you are finalising??
I am using CC D3 since last 8 months, clocked 25 K Kms & I am loving it.
Old 28th October 2015, 17:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked with dealer?
Here CC is available only in D3.
V40 is also in Petrol T4.
Anyway, which one you are finalising??
I am using CC D3 since last 8 months, clocked 25 K Kms & I am loving it.
I'm taking the test drives this weekend, hopefully will decide by then *fingers crossed*! There was a V40 R-Design at the showroom & its absolutely gorgeous, the only downer was the Ground Clearance (~155) It'll pretty much scrape the bottom all over Bangalore's "backbreakers".
Old 28th October 2015, 17:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you don't mind, can you please give me a ballpark figure on the discounts being offered on the V40 T4? I'm currently evaluating getting one.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th April 2016 at 02:15. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 21:28   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If you don't mind, can you please give me a ballpark figure on the discounts being offered on the V40 T4? I'm currently evaluating getting one.
I shamelessly asked for 25% and ended at 10% and got the insurance done outside and saved a lakh on it. I would suggest you start the bargaining from the 18th of the month and try to wrap the sale by the end of the month. I had the advantage of September-6 month closing.

Quote:
I found the R design ground clearance to be too low for the roads of Madras. The CC would make more sense.
1.) My other drives are the Yeti, the Endy and the XUV so i find the the GC to be a bother. However the GC is not as bad as it looks. normal speed breakers are alright, I have a slight issue with the ramp leading to my house but am working on getting around it.
2.) The petrol is available only on the Cross country and if you are able to find a petrol, kindly bargain the hell out of it as Petrols clearly don't sell easily.
3.) i had a 10% discount on the invoice price and the insurance was done at 50k thereby saving me another 1 L off the total price.

Quote:
I'm taking the test drives this weekend, hopefully will decide by then *fingers crossed*! There was a V40 R-Design at the showroom & its absolutely gorgeous, the only downer was the Ground Clearance (~155) It'll pretty much scrape the bottom all over Bangalore's "backbreakers".
The R design has a 135 mm GC if my memory serves me right. A friend has the V40 D3 and finds the underbody scraping the speedbreakers if he is careless.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th October 2015 at 21:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi-quote/QUOTE+ to quote multiple posts and respond to them.
ninjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 20:24   #58
BHPian

The new Volvo V40 is here.
It is quite a looker!
One of the best looking and proportioned car in recent times.

Last edited by johannskaria : 24th February 2016 at 20:28.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 20:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
The new Volvo V40 is here.
Looks very similar to the existing model barring the Thor hammer style headlamps and a new front bumper. Also the LED DRLs from the bumper have been removed. Wonder when this facelift will hit India.

Last edited by manson : 25th December 2017 at 15:11. Reason: Trimmed quote.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:35   #60

Hello guys!

I purchased a V40 R–Design a few months back, I thought you guys would appreciate the car as much as I do

Tidbits:

I got the Polestar upgrade (180bhp + ~400Nm)
Senses Connected Touch (rooted)
It has a K&N Filter
Just got a custom exhaust installed, and trying to source a Heico quad sport exhaust

Here is an album of her first track day.

Let me know if you guys want more pictures!

My very short review: The car is an absolute pleasure to drive. The gearbox is definitely not as quick as I'd like, but it puts down power REALLY well, if you know when and where to floor it. The wave of power is downright addicting. It's pretty good around corners. The interior of the R–Design has really soft napa leather as standard, and the Sensus Connected Touch and speakers are brilliant. Nothing like a native Spotify client. If you guys have any questions, ask away.
shrivatsasomany is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks