Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2017, 12:27   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

What is the seat material used in V40 R-Design trim in India? I spent some time at the local Volvo dealership and of all the cars on display, I found the V40 R-Design seats to be the most comfortable. These are the exact type of seats I have seen on some of the previous generation Volvo cars I drove abroad. Soft and supple leather, extremely good cushioning and great support all around without needing any adjustments.

For comparison, S60 has hard leather. S90 and XC60 lacked cushion. Didn't check XC90.
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:02   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
What is the seat material used in V40 R-Design trim in India?
Brochure just says R-Design leather.

http://www.volvocarindia.com/data/V40.pdf
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 13:01   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
What is the seat material used in V40 R-Design trim in India?

For comparison, S60 has hard leather. S90 and XC60 lacked cushion. Didn't check XC90.
R Design must be Nappa. S90/New XC60 seats are best in class, Inscription variant do have Nappa in S90 and new XC60 as well.
Old 25th December 2017, 13:40   #109
BHPian

I spoke to Volvo chennai today. They are offering 3 lacs discount on the top end variant and mentioned that they also have a test drive vehicle (top end) that has run 5k kms. They mentioned I can visit once before negotiating the price for this. Can anybody suggest what should be the ideal price for the test drive vehicle? Also, please comment on service experience and cost for Volvo cars
Old 25th December 2017, 13:57   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I spoke to Volvo chennai today. They are offering 3 lacs discount on the top end variant and mentioned that they also have a test drive vehicle (top end) that has run 5k kms. They mentioned I can visit once before negotiating the price for this. Can anybody suggest what should be the ideal price for the test drive vehicle? Also, please comment on service experience and cost for Volvo cars
Only consider test drive car if the on-road price difference between the new car is huge and also include the extended warranty in the deal. It's better you negotiate hard for the new car, as it would give a peace of mind and test drive vehicles are not really recommended. By the way which model your talking about?
harish619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 14:39   #111
BHPian

Further to above post, below is the communication from Volvo

Quote:
Further on this DEMO Cars available on with following models:(ON ROAD Prices)

V40 Crosscountry Diesel :7k Kilometer done RS.3500000
S60 Momentum:7k kilometer Rs4000000
S60Cross Country Diesel:Rs.4500000(S60 with All wheel Drive Original ONROAD 5500000)
Mods, please merge this with above post if possible. I am unable to do so

Last edited by mudhasir : 25th December 2017 at 14:41.
Old 25th December 2017, 16:02   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
By the way which model your talking about?
I m sorry to have missed that information. I am talking about v40 cross country and s60. I received a quote on test drive cars from them and have posted the same in above post
Old 25th December 2017, 18:15   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Further to above post, below is the communication from Volvo

Mods, please merge this with above post if possible. I am unable to do so
Is this a blue CC ? In which case, I have driven it and it’s in excellent condition. With discount you can get a brand new one for 38 on Road. So that’s something to think about.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th August 2018 at 11:08. Reason: Formatting quoted post
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 18:33   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Is this a blue CC ? In which case, I have driven it and it’s in excellent condition. With discount you can get a brand new one for 38 on Road. So that’s something to think about.
It’s that indeed. I am going to visit them on Wednesday and the price quoted is open for negotiation. 7k km is big and hence I wanted to understand what’s a reasonable ask according to you guys? I m undecided on the car to purchase yet and I m in no urgency. I have decided to buy the one that feels right and ticks most of my requirements. I m fine even if it takes months
Old 26th December 2017, 08:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
It’s that indeed. I am going to visit them on Wednesday and the price quoted is open for negotiation. 7k km is big and hence I wanted to understand what’s a reasonable ask according to you guys? I m undecided on the car to purchase yet and I m in no urgency. I have decided to buy the one that feels right and ticks most of my requirements. I m fine even if it takes months
I would definitely push the price to 33 on Road if possible. But that would be ambitious. Like I said the car is in pristine condition ! Having dealt with a range of sales advisors at Artemis I can say with confidence that the best person to deal with is Vijay. I have PM’d you his number in case you want to pursue this.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 08:28   #116
Senior - BHPian

I think these test drive vehicles of high end cars are definetly worth a good look at for the discounts on offer.

1. These high end cars are typically automatics - so limited possibility of gear box abuse by test drive customers

2. People can at best floor the throttle or do sudden braking - How much damage can that cause ? the latter can cause break pad wear which normally could be high in TD vehicles - One can always ask for a new set of brake pads or have them inspected before buying

3. Interiors - This can be inspected thoroughly. Any damages can be asked for replacement including a thorough professional cleaning of the upholstery

4. Suspension - This can be tricky because TD cars could have been driven mercilessly over city pot holed roads. To a certain degree I would say, typical high end cars may not be abused so much as mass market cars while being TDed. Worth checking if the warranty covers premature suspension wear ? If not, a good long TD would help ascertain if its in good condition - maybe a comparative drive between the TD car and someone else's new car ( provided you get access to it )

5. External damages - normally the dealerships of high end cars maintain the exterior in good condition and fix any damages immediately. Important to check that there have been no major accidents ( apart from bumper repairs ). This can be done by taking along a trusted mechanic.

6. Tyres - wear and tear might be high. If you can ask for fitment of new tyres - that would be good but alternately you can always negotiate the price and do the tyre changes at your own cost outside.

I would assume TD vehicles are under the dealership name and the transfer to the buyer would be treated as first sale.
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 11:55   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I would definitely push the price to 33 on Road if possible. But that would be ambitious. Like I said the car is in pristine condition ! Having dealt with a range of sales advisors at Artemis I can say with confidence that the best person to deal with is Vijay. I have PM’d you his number in case you want to pursue this.
Thank you. I spoke to him and he quoted 33.5 lacs on road and open for negotiation. I am visiting him tomorrow evening (EA showroom) to check the vehicle out in person and negotiate further
Old 26th December 2017, 13:41   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I spoke to him and he quoted 33.5 lacs on road and open for negotiation. I am visiting him tomorrow evening (EA showroom) to check the vehicle out in person and negotiate further
Stretch him till 30ish I would say. 7k is not a small number on the Odometer. To put things into perspective, I got a Volvo S80 D5 showroom piece for 41L on road with extended warranty, rear seat entertainment. The car had only done 100 kms since it was a display car only. I think the list price of the same was around 60L I think.

You can also contact used car dealers, sometimes these people have these demo cars of the luxury brands in stock as well.
kartavya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:27   #119
BHPian

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_20171117_1813380.jpg

Precisely its now 102000 Km and about to complete 3 years in Feb 18. Solid built, reasonable maintenance cost, good service support, reliable and best looking hatch !!!
My next upgrade will be VOLVO only.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 13:14   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Attachment 1710025

Precisely its now 102000 Km and about to complete 3 years in Feb 18. Solid built, reasonable maintenance cost, good service support, reliable and best looking hatch !!!
My next upgrade will be VOLVO only.
Wow, thats some serious mile munching brother.
Updates like this will surely induce confidence into prospective members, thanks.
harish619 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks