Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 18:30   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Many congratulations!!!
I do have White with full black interiors, polestar and heico sportive exhaust. Clocked 11000 kms in three months!!
It's true pocket rocket
Please pm me your cell number, we have Volvo owner's whatsapp group.
Happy miles ahead.
Polestar? Hmmm.... Nice...

I'm also looking to put in Polestar.

Will message you once am at home.
Old 11th August 2015, 19:28   #32
BHPian

Re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

Good day Guys!

I have just sold my Audi Q3 and am planning to buy the Volvo V40. Only concern is whether the 133mm ground clearance for the R-Design spec will be enough to manage in the Indian roads. Your views will be much appreciated.
Old 16th August 2015, 08:51   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_freaky View Post
Good day Guys!

I have just sold my Audi Q3 and am planning to buy the Volvo V40. Only concern is whether the 133mm ground clearance for the R-Design spec will be enough to manage in the Indian roads. Your views will be much appreciated.
This may be of some use to you. I test drove the Volvo V40 Cross Country last year and the A3 and shared my assessment in Post 86 of the Audi A3 Official Review. Incidentally the post is dated 16th August 2014! That car, the V40 Cross Country, has a ground clearance of 145mm so the comparison is not perfect. At least on that car the 145mm did not pose a problem when I drove it over several speed breakers in my neighbourhood. Best way is to drive it. One thing I didn't like with the V40 was the crashy ride. Interiors are superb as are its looks and paintwork and finish. Let us know what you do.
Old 17th August 2015, 13:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
This may be of some use to you. I test drove the Volvo V40 Cross Country last year and the A3 and shared my assessment in Post 86 of the Audi A3 Official Review. Incidentally the post is dated 16th August 2014! That car, the V40 Cross Country, has a ground clearance of 145mm so the comparison is not perfect. At least on that car the 145mm did not pose a problem when I drove it over several speed breakers in my neighbourhood. Best way is to drive it. One thing I didn't like with the V40 was the crashy ride. Interiors are superb as are its looks and paintwork and finish. Let us know what you do.
It was a nice comparison between A3 and V40. Only the V40 cross country is available for Test Drive and hence there is no way to find out the clearances and suspension settings of the new V40 Hatchback. And European reviews quote that the suspension is tuned differently for the R-Design V40 but the salesperson at Volvo is insisting it is all the same. A user review for the new V40 R-design would clear our doubts.
Old 17th August 2015, 13:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Good day Guys!

The suspension set up in v 40 is stiffer, so it won't bottom out. In last 6 months I already have clocked 17k kms and never had any issue. Mine is cross country, but GC is almost same as regular V 40.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 17:18   #36
BHPian

133mm ground clearance? Is it a joke?
Someone from Volvo must be able to explain how the car will handle deep potholes across India, given the length of the car is 4370mm, wheelbase 2646mm. Even the cars with higher GC and shorter length / wheelbase face continuous problems at potholes in Indian roads. For e.g. I have seen one of my colleagues' Honda Amaze, with GC 165mm, length 3990mm, wheelbase 2405mm constantly get its underbody hit for even minor potholes.
Even other luxury manufacturers within this same segment (Merc A-Class, BMW 1-series) offer 150mm+ GC.
For anyone who seriously consider the technical spec numbers, this will be a major deal breaker.
Old 17th August 2015, 18:17   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Only the V40 cross country is available for Test Drive and hence there is no way to find out the clearances and suspension settings of the new V40 Hatchback. And European reviews quote that the suspension is tuned differently for the R-Design V40 but the salesperson at Volvo is insisting it is all the same.
My advice would be to wait till you can test drive the car with its 133mm ground clearance over rutted roads and Himalayan speed breakers. The investment is large and I don't think the salesman has his facts straight at all. I evaluated the V40 Cross Country versus the Volvo XC60 also over more than one test drive across a span of 5 months and finally selected the XC60 for practicality, ability to get in and out (middle-age and all that) and ground clearance (that was at 145mm). In terms of looks and interiors the V40 Cross Country is a stunner though.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 12:29   #38
BHPian

Hello!
I recently bought a pre-worshipped Volvo V40 Cross country D3 and am loving it.
Could you please add me to the Whatapp group as well?
Thanks!
Old 26th August 2015, 10:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I am really close to booking the Volvo V40 cross country in white. I am looking to decode the VIN number and it seems the VIN decoding page on our forum doesn't have the decode method for Volvo. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2015, 16:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Hey guys, I am really close to booking the Volvo V40 cross country in white. I am looking to decode the VIN number and it seems the VIN decoding page on our forum doesn't have the decode method for Volvo. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
Hi!
You could check here:

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Volvo

Cheers!
Kontoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 11:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
Hello!
I recently bought a pre-worshipped Volvo V40 Cross country D3 and am loving it.
Could you please add me to the Whatapp group as well?
Thanks!
Congratulation and welcome to Volvo Owner's Club
I sent PM to you.

Regards
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 12:29   #42
BHPian

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-img_volvo.jpg

Completed 18 k kms & I am loving it !!
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 23:53   #43
BHPian

I just picked a white V40 cross country T4 from Artemis motors Chennai on the 31st of September. I got a sweet deal on the car because it was a petrol. Will post pics later during the weekend. My only gripe of only would be the ground clearance because my other rides are the Skoda yeti XUV 5oo and the ford endeavor. The car is a absolute beauty and total head Turner.
ninjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 09:26   #44
BHPian

Congratulations. ...can you share some pictures of exteriors and interiors for everyone benifit . .tried pm you to know the final OTR you paid
Old 24th October 2015, 09:46   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I just picked a white V40 cross country T4 from Artemis motors Chennai on the 31st of September. I got a sweet deal on the car because it was a petrol. Will post pics later during the weekend. My only gripe of only would be the ground clearance because my other rides are the Skoda yeti XUV 5oo and the ford endeavor. The car is a absolute beauty and total head Turner.
Congratulation ninjax for picking up an excellent car. The looks are second to none and is very understated.
Could you please write an initial ownership report of your t4 as yours is the first petrol v40 in the forum and include a lot pics...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks