Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2016, 19:42   #61
BANNED

Re: Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched

Congratulations Buddy!

Excellent choice of colour, and those alloys look smoking

Whats your take on the low ground clearance?
volvo_harish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 19:45   #62
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivatsasomany View Post
Tidbits:

I got the Polestar upgrade (180bhp + ~400Nm)
Senses Connected Touch (rooted)
It has a K&N Filter
Just got a custom exhaust installed, and trying to source a Heico quad sport exhaust

Here is an album of her first track day.
The car looks smashing man. Please give detailed report about how it did at the track and what was your best lap-time. I've always liked the V40's styling, but I think it lacked performance wise. How's the polestar performance overall?
Also, more Pictures are always good.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 20:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys!

I purchased a V40 R–Design a few months back, I thought you guys would appreciate the car as much as I do
Many congratulations! Smashing car!

How much was the sensus connected touch upgrade? Planning to get it done soon on my v40cc t4. I chose the t4 cc over the v40 d3 simply cos the petrol had more grunt and a dual clutch box. Mine is running the Polestar upgrade too and is now 200hp/285Nm.

Btw your Polestar badge is in the wrong place. It should be level with the d3 monogram on the left side.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th April 2016 at 02:11. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 23:13   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Many congratulations! Smashing car!

How much was the sensus connected touch upgrade? Planning to get it done soon on my v40cc t4. I chose the t4 cc over the v40 d3 simply cos the petrol had more grunt and a dual clutch box. Mine is running the Polestar upgrade too and is now 200hp/285Nm.

Btw your Polestar badge is in the wrong place. It should be level with the d3 monogram on the left side.
The SCT was ~1.2 lakhs. Well worth it, in my opinion.

Also, great choice on the T4 CC. I really wish they had the R–Design in the T4 trim, I'd buy it in a heart beat. Even though the Torque Converter in the D3 isn't the greatest, bloody hell it can put down power REALLY well. I get a decent amount of torque steer, and overtaking in the turbo band in manual still brings a huge smile to my face. If you're in Delhi, I'd love to get together and share notes

I think the CC is beautiful, but the R–Design with the Ixion wheels and general lower look just stole my heart, it was a no–brainer for me at that point, plus the napa leather is nice and white stitching is nice.

Finally, I did put the Polestar badge next to the D3 originally, but it had a bit of a gap due to the body work, and I think that batch of 3M tape I had was not very confidence inducing, I'd hate to lose the badge. I just haven't gotten around to putting it in the right place. I'm still contemplating debadging the "V40" and "D3" badges. Thoughts on that?

BTW, I've been looking at Heico parts, and I think there's a distributor in Ahmedabad. I've contacted him with a bunch of questions, I'll get back to you on what he says.

Great choice of car again, dude. I'd love to see some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
The car looks smashing man. Please give detailed report about how it did at the track and what was your best lap-time. I've always liked the V40's styling, but I think it lacked performance wise. How's the polestar performance overall?
Also, more Pictures are always good.
Thank you for the compliments!

It actually isn't much of a slouch! There's a factory fitted strut bar in front, it's pretty stiff and flat around the corners. I've only taken it to the track once, and thus I was pretty wary of what the car would and wouldn't do, so I wasn't pushing as much as I'd like. I clocked a 1:43:9 I think, that was with a co-passenger. I'm sure I can reduce that by 2 seconds with two more laps on the track and no co-passenger without much work.

I'm trying to get my pro-racer friend to set a benchmark time, but we haven't gotten around to doing that. Once summer is over and the air is a little cooler again, I'll see what he can do with it.

Personally, I tested the A180 before this, and there's a world of a difference between the 180/400 and 136/300 in the A. I didn't even consider the 118d because I personally found it absolutely hideous, with paltry tech options to boot. Meh.

I'm due for a full clean/dry clean, so once that is done, I will upload some good shots (including the interior). Bear with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo_harish View Post
Congratulations Buddy!

Excellent choice of colour, and those alloys look smoking

Whats your take on the low ground clearance?
Ah thank you, the Caspian Blue was just perfect when I looked at it. And the alloys + looks are what tipped the scales from the V40 CC T4 (would've loved a high revving petrol).

The ground clearance usually isn't an issue. I've bottom out on the Terminal 3 death-inducing car breakers, but it isn't cringe-inducing really. That said, I'm very picky about where I drive, and I stay in South Delhi 90% of the time, so for my use, it works absolutely fine.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th March 2016 at 08:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 25th March 2016, 04:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

I was at Volvo Cars a few days ago in Goteborg and saw this trailer drop off brand new hatchbacks - A Class, 1-series & A3. All meant for Destructive testing as part of benchmarking.

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-photo_20160325_002401.jpg

I am aware of a Volvo hatchback program running. I am told it is the new V40 which would be an independent design unlike the current gen that is based on the Ford Focus.
Exciting days at Volvo Cars.

while on the topic of Volvo cars, at the risk of digression, I must say - the chinese owners are getting very busy with their sister company - CEVT ( China Europe Vehicle Technology). they have ramped up from zero to a few thousands in just 2 years. Wonder what they are upto. Many Volvo engineers have been moved to CEVT while some others have been poached by Apple for their car project.
14000rpm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 18:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think the CC is beautiful, but the R–Design with the Ixion wheels and general lower look just stole my heart, it was a no–brainer for me at that point, plus the napa leather is nice and white stitching is nice.
I can completely empathize with you. I personally was completely torn between the V40 r-design and the v40cc t4 during my purchase. The best car would have been a v40 t4 r-design. The Ixion alloys and the panoramic sunroof were big things I was losing on. What I gained was a bit more clearance and a better engine+gearbox. The ground clearance in bangalore was useful thanks to the car breaking speed breakers we have everywhere. Finally the discounts in favor of the t4 sealed it for me.

Anyways great choice on the car. Happy motoring! Thanks for the pointer on the SCT. Does that price include the upgrade to the 7" screen as well? As for Heico, get the one with flap control. You can import directly from their ebay store. Alternatively you can also look at the polestar sports exhaust and intake which allows you to keep the warranty intact.

If you are in Bangalore sometime, please do ping me.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th April 2016 at 02:14. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 14:48   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys!

Just got a custom exhaust installed, and trying to source a Heico quad sport exhaust
Heico quad exhausts are available in Delhi. PM me, will give the dealer contact. How much did you end up paying for the sensus connected touch?

VMC Automotive (Vantage Lifestyle Private Ltd)
GP86, Sector 18,
Maruti Industrial Area
Gurgaon - 122015,
Delhi-NCR

Parts(Domestic Sales): +91 9925966622
Parts (Export Sales): +91 8527822911

Mr. Jyot Nath
jyot@vantage-lifestyle.com

This was my point of contact for the heico sportiv suspension that i bought from

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th April 2016 at 02:13. Reason: Back to Back posts merged, thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 15:02   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
Heico quad exhausts are available in Delhi. PM me, will give the dealer contact. How much did you end up paying for the sensus connected touch?
Thank you for the contact info!

I paid 1.25 or so for the SCT. May I ask which Volvo you have?

Last edited by manson : 25th December 2017 at 15:13. Reason: Typo.
shrivatsasomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:06   #69
BHPian

I drive a V40 CC T4 polestar with heico sportiv XC suspension. Me and reignofchaos both drive the petrol versions!. We have a whatsapp group of fellow volvo owners, if you would like to join in, ping me your # so that we can add you to the group.
Old 30th March 2016, 16:10   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the contact info!

I payed 1.25 or so for the SCT. May I ask which Volvo you have?
Did this include the 7" screen upgrade? Seems like a good deal then!
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:12   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I drive a V40 CC T4 polestar with heico sportiv XC suspension. Me and reignofchaos both drive the petrol versions!. We have a whatsapp group of fellow volvo owners, if you would like to join in, ping me your # so that we can add you to the group.
I'm a Team BHP newbie :(. Can't send PMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Did this include the 7" screen upgrade? Seems like a good deal then!
Yes! And installation.

Last edited by manson : 25th December 2017 at 15:15. Reason: Phone number deleted as indicated in original post.
shrivatsasomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 20:57   #72

Quote:
Hello guys!

I got the Polestar upgrade (180bhp + ~400Nm)
Senses Connected Touch (rooted)
It has a K&N Filter

Here is an album of her first track day.
Hey Bro !! Even I am planning to book a v40 R Design D3 emerald blue. I have been offered a discount of 3.5 L on the on road price and I am not sure if the discount is good enough ? Were any of you guys offered any better discounts on the car ? Can you please tell me that how much is the Polestar and K&N filter upgrade for ? How did you order the upgrades ? Was it from the dealer ? Will the Heico exhaust make the engine sound better ? Will it void the warranty ? Sorry for al these questions .. but I am kind of a newbie when it comes to technical stuff.
Old 7th April 2016, 02:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagarV View Post
Sorry for al these questions. but I am kind of a newbie when it comes to technical stuff.
Please share the information if you have received already from shrivatsasomany for the benefit of other members
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 03:29   #74

The Price for the V40 R design has gone up by 3% in Mumbai i.e. on the road its about 41 lakhs, but you can get a discount of 2-4 lakhs depending upon the market demand and your bargaining power.

Had a chat with shrivatsasomany and got info from him on the following things:
1) Polestar and SCT upgrade is done by Volvo. Polestar upgrade will cost you 70k and SCT is for 1.25 L all inclusive
2) K&N air filter can be purchased from local dealer for 15k
3) Heico is a bolt on exhaust and it wont void the warranty and Volvo itself might help you install it
4) Sensus Connect touch is a 7 inch touch display. It comes with iGO navigation which is stupid but does the job. You can connect SCT to internet and apps like Spotify are great on it
5) With the polestar upgrade the D3 engine of V40 will be as good as the D4. You get some serious torque steer. Throttle is more responsive and red line is held longer

Hope all this information is useful for people considering to buy the v40. I am planning to book one soon in Rebel blue color.

Thanks shrivatsasomany for sharing all the info. CHeers !!
SagarV is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 13:44   #75
BHPian

2017 Volvo V40 and V40 Cross Country have now landed in India for homologation.

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-capture.jpg

Facelift gets the 'Thor's Hammer' LED headlamps with new front grille and Volvo badging along with other styling and interior updates.

Volvo V40 Hatchback in India - Now launched-volvov402016motorpointfotoshd14.jpg

Source: Zauba
Senna4Ever is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed