Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2018, 04:17   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The game of 'The Perfect Car' of our time

For my perfect car- I'd like a the modifications on the last gen Innova:
1. More power and a new gearbox
2. Better NVH
3. Better braking (rear discs)

The Innova Crysta is better, but I heard that isn't a good handler like the old Innova.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 9th October 2018 at 04:21.
Old 9th October 2018, 05:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

A Range Rover which is as reliable as the Land Cruiser LC200. Its all the car I will ever need for most things if not all.
Old 9th October 2018, 07:36   #78
BHPian

Give me the Fiesta hatchback with Ecoboost 1.5L engine or may be the Focus hatch and I will be happy as a child. I am not even asking for an ST or an RS, just the standard hatchback. Ford already have got the 1.0L Ecoboost in India. I will give them my hard earned 1m ₹ for the Fiesta hatchback with the same 1.0L ecoboost. In India, sadly, even that is too much to ask. With all the manufacturers now expanding their portfolios, I silently pray for the Fiesta to come back to India.
Old 9th October 2018, 08:56   #79
Team-BHP Support

Very simple - a hatchback/sedan with 5-star safety, around 150bhp, good ride/handling and a communicative steering with no additional buttons/controls.

Unfortunately, in India the manufacturers try and woo buyers with comfort/fancy features from the base variant onwards and safety will be reserved for the top of the line models.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 09:14   #80
Senior - BHPian

The Perfect Car is a far fetched notion! Especially in the Indian market.

Any car built here with its safety and warranty rated as high as in the international market itself looks like an Utopian concept in this skewed market of ours! Sigh!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 09:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

'A perfect car" is possible only in fiction. There is something always missing when it comes to a real car.
However, for me, the BMW X3 Expedition comes very near to the definition of " a perfect car".

Last edited by SJM1214 : 9th October 2018 at 09:36. Reason: Minor Change.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 09:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza
- One size larger, exterior dimensions and space comparable to Creta
- Pearl Midnight Black paint, 17 inch Momo Quantum wheels, UV cut glass and sun blinds for side windows
- DDIS 320 motor with 6-speed manual box and switchable maps
- Panoramic sunroof, 6 airbags, 4 wheel discs, AWD and ESP
- All-black cabin with piano black touches and nice leather-clad seats and armrest along with a flat bottom steering from the Swift
- Full LED lighting, powered seats with memory and cooling function, 10 speaker audio system from the Hexa, rear AC and beefed up underbody protection

And all this for Rs. 20 lakhs.

Last edited by self_driven : 9th October 2018 at 10:22.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 14:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Each and every car manufactured in the world is perfect in its own way. All imperfections are only the THOUGHTS that lie inside the human brains who drive them.

No offense meant to any posts or Fellow Bhpians here.

The above statement will be proved to be fact at 1000th page of this thread when we see almost all the car names are mentioned, right from Nano (or e2o? ) to Ferari by multiple Bhpians in their respective posts
Old 9th October 2018, 16:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
Hello folks,

This is an aspiration to have a timeless thread which gives us a place for expression of our idea of the perfect car. Here you can post your idea of your perfect car ranging anywhere from a small city ride to a lethal track focused machine. You just need to design it in your head and manifest it here through words.

The following would be my idea of a perfect ride to own in India as of Oct 2018...

Summary:
The present Creta Crdi 1.6SX(O) is priced close to at 19.3Lakhs OTR Bangalore, For the above spec car I will be willing to pay 25 Lakhs OTR.

!

Why add all this to the Creta and pay 25 big ones when you can get similar features on a Jeep Compass or a Tucson?

Actually I do get the point of this, if you pick a car and add a hundred mods or features, then why pick that car itself, right?

Secondly, there is no perfect car, at all! Every car has its pros and cons and it just depends on individual needs and wants.

Understand that you intend this to be fun fantasy thread, but when you picked the Creta as an example and added tons of features, I kind of lost you there.

If you were to sort of look at this purely from a customisation point of view then its a different discussion altogether.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 16:25   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Why add all this to the Creta and pay 25 big ones when you can get similar features on a Jeep Compass or a Tucson?

If you were to sort of look at this purely from a customisation point of view then its a different discussion altogether.

This is exactly the point of the thread, and the reason for not picking up the compass or tuscon is purely for the size factor. Creta can fit into pretty much any space that a honda jazz can.
Old 9th October 2018, 16:29   #86
BHPian

I would like to own an Ecosport T+ 1L ecoboost (actually 1.5L Dragon is OK too for me)with 6 gears and AWD, 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, CSC, TCS, under 1M Rupee Ex-showroom price. Remove auto headlamps, auto-wipers, auto dimming IRVM, Sync 3, Ambient lighting, 17 Inch wheels (15 or 16 Inch will do better), KESS and Auto folding ORVMs to keep the price under 10 Lakhs if it comes to that.
Old 9th October 2018, 16:38   #87
Team-BHP Support

An LC200 that looks like Defender or G Wagon will be my perfect car. Of course it has to be manual.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 16:53   #88
BHPian

My perfect car in India would be a RHD Ford F-250 Platinum with the 6.7 litre V8 which runs on water. Just any water.

Last edited by SCORPION : 9th October 2018 at 17:13.
Old 9th October 2018, 20:47   #89
BHPian

If wishes were horses -

A Old School Defender design, powered by a Mercedes Unimog engine, which is powered on water, and emits oxygen as the exhaust.

Nice dream right. Now back to reality.
LegalEagle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 09:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
If wishes were horses -

A Old School Defender design, powered by a Mercedes Unimog engine, which is powered on water, and emits oxygen as the exhaust.

Nice dream right. Now back to reality.
Water is also exhaustible resource on earth. I would prefer and like to modify your wish

The fuel should be CO emitted by other NON-PERFECT CARS. It should be inhaled by the Perfect car and exhaust should contain only Oxygen

Most Viewed