Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2006, 21:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
It seems I was mistaken. I had the Scorpio petrol's weight in mind. The actual diff. between the 2.1P and the Dicor is is 165 Kgs. What's even more interesting is, the 2.0D is actually the lightest of the lot.
Gosh, thats one helluva lot!!!! 165 kgs!!!

If there ever is an award for maximum weight diffrence between diffrent variants of the same car, the Safari would be a formidable contender.
Old 11th August 2006, 21:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
How and When did they get insight from FIAT, please elborate.
Tata has been servicing fiat cars, they are also jointly mulling over manufacturing cars in one facility.

Sharing of knowledge and technology at this stage is pretty much obvious.

Hence the new safari (x2) when it comes out may have improvement that tata learnt from fiat cars.
Old 12th August 2006, 07:40   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Gosh, thats one helluva lot!!!! 165 kgs!!!
Bigger block, and also need to add the weight of the related parts for the diesel - FIP, turbo charger & the inter-cooler ...
Old 13th August 2006, 14:59   #34
BHPian

[quote=ashok.harish] he revealed that Tata will definitly launch it before 31st December because from 1st of January 2007 Euro 4 norms will come into place. It looks to me that this new safari 2.2 is only Euro 3 compatible(I forgot to ask him is it and I won't ask him again, he's a crap).

Euro 4 Norms, I'm sorry this information is incorrect, Since India uses Bharat Stage norms not Euro ones..! It could be that this Car Info might be for the Safari TATA might plan to export, but for the Indian Market Bharat Stage 4 is still a while away..At least thats what was posted a few days back on the technical section with link to the goverment plan.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-2007-abs.html

Last edited by wolfinstein : 13th August 2006 at 15:02.
Old 13th August 2006, 18:45   #35

[quote=wolfinstein]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok.harish
he revealed that Tata will definitly launch it before 31st December because from 1st of January 2007 Euro 4 norms will come into place. It looks to me that this new safari 2.2 is only Euro 3 compatible(I forgot to ask him is it and I won't ask him again, he's a crap).

Euro 4 Norms, I'm sorry this information is incorrect
Hey people look I don't have any Intentions to provide any wrong informations here. At the start of the Thread I made it pretty clear that all I'm posting is a little piece of information which my friend gave me after returning from Tata Motors's Headquarters at pune where he was for his summer internships. Since he was coming from Tatas place itself so i thought it might be a good idea to ask him about my First love 'tata Safari'. I knew after reading a thread here that Safari is coming with a 2.2 l engine, I just wanted from him to know about it. But instead he gave me some information(which I have quoted verbatim in my first post) regarding new Safari.

I never knew that nor I have known anybody knowing it including all auto mags(atleast in my knowledge). I thought its a news and I must share it here. After reading the post Mr Suman asked if i can give the launch date of Safari 2.2, To know this I phoned him(he lives in All''bad), First he was courteous but when I asked him about Safari he just turned furious and told me to talk something else but when i persisted he told me they will definitly launch it before jan 2007 because of all that Euro stuff. maybe he just wanted to quench me that time or telling all that he knew, I just posted whatever he told me.
Old 13th August 2006, 18:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I agree, com on guys, don't jump on Ashok, he's just posted whatever he's heard, lets not pounce on him for info that may not have originated from him. And, lets give Devarshi a break as well while we're at it....I frankly don't see what he's said that seems to be raising our hackles and getting us all patriotic
Old 22nd August 2006, 18:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
Tata's have ventured into the passenger segment only since the last 20 odd years with the 207 platform (courtesy MB) and 10 years with the Indica platform.
A little correction is called for here.

The development of the Tatamobile/207(then 206) in 1987-88 was an all indigenous affair of TELCO and Daimler Benz was not involved in any way. As a matter of fact, Tata's technical collaboration agreement with Daimler Benz had expired some twenty years earlier, in 1969 to be precise! Just because the Tatamobile/207 resembles certain MB products does not mean that the platform was gifted by MB.

Cheers!
Old 23rd August 2006, 01:05   #38
BHPian

The Tata Safari needs to lose some weight even with increased power. 0 to 100 kmph in 22 seconds currently for the DICOR? Man that is very slow.
Old 23rd August 2006, 11:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U-
The Tata Safari needs to lose some weight even with increased power. 0 to 100 kmph in 22 seconds currently for the DICOR? Man that is very slow.
I don't think those are accurate figures. I thought it was closer to 18 or 19 seconds? I know the Dicor is faster than the Endeavour and even the Endy doesn't take that long!
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I don't think those are accurate figures. I thought it was closer to 18 or 19 seconds? I know the Dicor is faster than the Endeavour and even the Endy doesn't take that long!
Dicor 0 - 100 in less then 20 seconds
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:54   #41
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod : Guys, this post is about Safari 2.2V6 and not about arguing where it came from. So stop fighting over speculations and post on that subject only if you an conclusively prove it one way or the other. such fighting is only hijacking the topic
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:07   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Note from mod : So stop fighting over speculations and post on that subject only
Right you are marshal. For those things we have a different Forum............. WWF .
Old 24th August 2006, 01:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Looks like there are some differences between the reviews. Per the overdrive roadtests, the Safari DICOR does 0-100 kph in 21.99 seconds (392.94 m). In the autocar shoot out, the numbers are:

0-100: 18.53 (Safari), 18.93 (Endeavor)

Anyway, the new 2.2 should lose quite a bit of weight to be in the Terracan range.

Ashok, any inside information you can glean on the weight of the new 2.2L DICOR? I was floored by the Toyota Avensis making 177 bhp /310 Nm from a 2.2 Common Rail in the UK.
Old 24th August 2006, 01:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wondering about the 2.2 myself. Tata was about to debut the powerplant in the X5. Now with the launch date rumours flying so close....will they launch in the existing shell? Even that would be okay, provided Tata can improve the quality of panel fittings, plastics and shave off a bit. And puh-lease, Tata- give the Safari a lockable centre diff. It's high time...

@tsk1979....looks like you too got confused amidst all the brouahaha...it's a 3.0V6 rumour....the 2.2 is I4 CRDi....
Old 24th August 2006, 07:19   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Right you are marshal. For those things we have a different Forum............. WWF .
WWE, Varun, not WWF.
Pls lets not get the beautiful animals into this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks