Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 10:21   #106
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Is it possible to invite non-Mod BHPians too for these official events??
Please see my reply just above your this post

Quote:
I'm sure we'd like to know more about you guys and your regular lives!
Here you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And then posting the whole experience with a complete unbiased report, thinking back to the bullet points of the cars in question, choosing pictures, adding more details, etc.
Thanks for your post! Yes, the real work starts once we're back on our desks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
One also has to know what questions to ask.
Truly! And equally important, to write / present it in such a way that is understandable & enjoyable for everyone.

Quote:
or are the reviewers on their own?
Nope. All of us at homebase are always around...before, during & after the drive.

Quote:
Somehow I get the feeling that the bike manufacturers don't bother with TBhp, and vice versa!
With 20 lakh monthly visitors, and a motorcycle forum section that has more readership than dedicated motorcycle websites, all motorcycle PR are in touch with us. Like I said, it's up to Team-BHP to get the ball rolling on reviewing motorcycles just the way we do cars. Hopefully, sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Since there is more than one person who does the review, have you got into any differences of opinion in-between yourselves?
How do you resolve on what to report?
We test that area again & arrive at a conclusion. At the end though, it's the main reviewers call (i.e. the person writing the review).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Do car companies ask the reviewers for feedback on the car during the event?
Sure do! Check my reply before this one on the thread.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 11:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
GTO & all reviewers - Your transparency and unbiased approach have been the core values which has always reflected in your reviews.
This sums it up for me.
I have recommended many people to your website based on this alone. Telling them not to read too much into online video reviews that are conducted by known car magazines as they could be biased to one manufacturer more than the other for various reasons.

If it's not too much to ask, I would like to know If said unbiased approach is the reason why we don't see many official reviews from the Three German brands or their British competitor.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 11:37   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
how many petrolheads really know how press drives are conducted? What happens behind the scenes? Team-BHP is going to show you just that.
Thanks GTO for this great article, I bet this kind of article can't be found anywhere else. I am proud to be BHPian again
I did not thought this much effort goes into the review process. I have personally seen/attended quite a few media drives during my employment (2004-06) with TATA Motors-ERC-Pune, but did not realize this much effort goes in. I thought getting hands on yet to be launched car/bike and accommodation at a hill station or a resort/hotel at manufacturer's cost is a luxury. Pardon my ignorance and thanks for letting us know how a review process really happens. After becoming a member of this great forum, I started realizing posting something is not that easy on Team-BHP, thanks to strict and vigilant mods. On this occasion I would like to thank all the efforts put by our very own reviewers, which helping many prospective buyers in a true professional and unbiased manner.
Now I know the reason for the delay (precisely extra bit of time) and can wait for little long time for Team-BHP official review with patience.
P.S: Wish I had a chance to press "thanks" button one more time
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 11:57   #109
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
Great review and great pictures too! One thing I wanna ask GTO, is the location of the spot below, I am a Goan and would love to know where this is!

Attachment 1322524
Exactly what I was talking about . We'd never have found this location if it weren't for our pilot car driver. Even the Audi Q3 was shot at the same spot.

Don't know the name of the place, but it took us about 30 minutes driving further South from Fipleys. It was a very deserted location. If it helps, there was an old Church close by. The entrance to this spot had worn out 2 feet boundary walls, we drove the car through a gap in them. I'll definitely try to find out the name as we'd like to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
If it's not too much to ask, I would like to know If said unbiased approach is the reason why we don't see many official reviews from the Three German brands or their British competitor.
We've reviewed Audis (A3, Q3), BMWs (3, 5, M5), Mercs (A, GLA, E, E-Coupe), the Jaguar F-Type and Range Rover. Will definitely try accommodating more of the premium barges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
On this occasion I would like to thank all the efforts put by our very own reviewers, which is helping many prospective buyers in a true professional and unbiased manner.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 15:14   #110
BHPian

Detailed and excellent as always! Rush, please keep up the 'quality' over 'deadline' mantra for a long time. It's what defines Team BHP for me.
tejus.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 15:33   #111
BHPian

Many thanks GTO for sharing all this information. Thread like this shows how much effort you guys put in to give the best reviews. The reviews on Team BHP are a class apart. Probably many publications might reproduce your observations and share it as their own

Thanks a lot guys for doing this excellent job and taking time to present this to all of us. It is the highest standards of quality what Team-Bhp stands for and will be for a long long time.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 16:21   #112
BHPian

This i believe is a first time any forum on automobiles has detailed what and how they go about a review. It really takes a lot of work to maintain good quality and trust.

Thanks and kudos to this forum.
CarJunki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 17:03   #113
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know the name of the place, but it took us about 30 minutes driving further South from Fipleys. It was a very deserted location. If it helps, there was an old Church close by. The entrance to this spot had worn out 2 feet boundary walls, we drove the car through a gap in them. I'll definitely try to find out the name as we'd like to go back!!
Is that Ozran Beach in the background somewhere on the Vagator stretch?
Old 29th December 2014, 17:48   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Cars

• There are anywhere between 10 - 20 test drive cars at each event. 1 or 2 are kept as a backup, in case a journalist crashes one of the main rides.
Just curious.
What happens if some journalist actually manages to damage one?
I guess the damages would all be borne by the manufacturer, but still, any penalty to the journalist in case it is found to be his/her fault ?
Old 29th December 2014, 20:54   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With 20 lakh monthly visitors, and a motorcycle forum section that has more readership than dedicated motorcycle websites, all motorcycle PR are in touch with us. Like I said, it's up to Team-BHP to get the ball rolling on reviewing motorcycles just the way we do cars. Hopefully, sometime soon.
Great to hear.
Waiting for action.
Don't forget commercial vehicles.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 21:07   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Just curious.
What happens if some journalist actually manages to damage one?
I guess the damages would all be borne by the manufacturer, but still, any penalty to the journalist in case it is found to be his/her fault ?
Its been addressed in the original post. Refer quote from GTO's post below.

Quote:
• Sometimes, the drive begins with a safety briefing. Higher chance of this happening if there has been an 'incident' in the preceding days. Driving safely is stressed upon. Remember this? Most media cars have basic 3rd party insurance. Who bears the cost of damage? The manufacturer, although I've heard of a case or two where the repair bill was sent to the journalist. One manufacturer made it mandatory to have their driver accompany reviewers after their high performance Rs. 1 crore car was smashed sideways into the wall by a magazine.
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 22:31   #117
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Probably many publications might reproduce your observations and share it as their own
I'll give you an example: Look at all the initial reviews of the EcoSport. Viddy & I were the only ones who reported its stiff ride quality. No other report did. Couple of months later, in comparo tests, everyone else also started commenting on its stiff ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Is that Ozran Beach in the background somewhere on the Vagator stretch?
Definitely not. Google tells me Ozran is in North Goa (our location was w-a-y south).
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 10:08   #118
BHPian

Amazing read! I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put in into making a review, which truly shines through. TEAM BHP reviews are and always will be worth the wait. Thanks to everyone involved in the review process
cunnuvila is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 10:12   #119
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Have heard from 3 PR / Communications personnel since this article went live. Have been told that feedback is noted, and they'll plan toward giving us maximum time with the car .
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 10:38   #120
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Have heard from 3 PR / Communications personnel since this article went live. Have been told that feedback is noted, and they'll plan toward giving us maximum time with the car .
Good to know some manufacturers are serious about their offerings. Would it be possible to disclose (without giving details) if any of these represent mass market manufacturers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks