Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2006, 11:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
With a 1.6 engine, where is the excise duty relief even if they shorten the length???
The only aim of the new bumpers was to get the 8% excise benefit. Since they dont have a 1.2 petrol they can surely plonk in the Fiestas 1.4 TDCi engine and surely get a lot of numbers for the Fusion.
Old 10th August 2006, 12:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

I saw the ad in today's TOI, it said 5.69L even in Karnataka. But it didn't mention that ABS, Alloy wheels have been sacrificed along with the + model. The images still show alloys, they figure people can be fooled. The new bumper looked inspired by DC. Some will love it, some will hate it, rest will be indifferent.
Old 10th August 2006, 12:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
The only aim of the new bumpers was to get the 8% excise benefit. Since they dont have a 1.2 petrol they can surely plonk in the Fiestas 1.4 TDCi engine and surely get a lot of numbers for the Fusion.
My reply was in context to your comment about "keeping the money for themselves", even the 1.4 wouldn't get them the excise relief.......
Old 10th August 2006, 12:24   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
The car has features such as two-tone avocado interiors, an all-new soft-touch instrument panel, approach lights that on remote unlocking glow to indicate the location of the car, tilt adjustable variable power assist steering, height adjustable front and rear head rests.

With these new features in the Base Fusion and given the space and comfort, it will be a steal. I guess Ford will look into the response to this new Fusion and then, may roll out other variants as well.

What say?
Old 10th August 2006, 12:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think this thing is a no-brainer. The greatest mistake ford did was to kill the machine that had "josh". This one is creating con-Fusion.

I had driven a Fusion in UK in 2004 and an old Puma too. No prizes for guessing I loved offcourse the Puma. The Ikon 1.6 felt more like a Puma. After 2 years I find the same batch of cars that were sold a month after mine was delivered, rattling away to glory while mine is tight. Some of them had problems in steering rack. But yes, agreed it also depends on how one takes care of his car, but door rattles from an european car is unacceptable.
Old 10th August 2006, 12:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendu79
With these new features in the Base Fusion and given the space and comfort, it will be a steal. I guess Ford will look into the response to this new Fusion and then, may roll out other variants as well.

What say?
Well Arvind Mathew seems to have said they will not......it is sad but I think they are discontinuing anything that may compete with the Fiesta (as far as multi variants are concerned)......the Fiesta is now their focus (no pun intended) so the Fusion & Ikon will have no options.
Old 10th August 2006, 20:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Arvind Matthew had mentioned in an interview that he didnt see a market for diesel Fusion because it was a lifestyle product and the target demographic was inner city yuppies who didnt travel long distances. Somehow they failed to connect with the target market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
My reply was in context to your comment about "keeping the money for themselves", even the 1.4 wouldn't get them the excise relief.......
The 1.4 diesel will
Old 10th August 2006, 23:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

leaving all the thoughts aside, I think its a pretty logical vehicle.

the reason is the big boot space without the bulky size and the 1.6 engine good for 100 horses. Even the interiors are good.

It wont be a king anywhere but is a jack of all trades. if ABS is included in this price, I think its will be the best car to buy in its segment if ford handles the product well.
Old 11th August 2006, 10:01   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

One real reason why it didnt click is that its confused : Is it a hatch or a mini-SUV? If its a hatch, its the 2nd most expensive (after the Chevy SRV). If its an SUV, its just too sissy....Forget the Ford - released pictures....in reality, it looks weird.
Old 11th August 2006, 10:05   #25

New Fusion

The New fusion exteriors has lost its class when compared to the old fusion. I personally did not like the Front bumper modification with some additional grill, some additional plastics, makes it look cheap. The non-clear Orange indicator also spoils the overall look of the vehical. I personal like the old the old one looks better from outside. That's my opinion I dunno about you?

And the much talked about length reduction has not happened, I just checked the ford india website the Overall Length is still the same 4018 (mm).

There seem to be some changes in the interiors. There seem to be some small changes in the dashborad layout, less switches, more comparments means more storage. The odometer and other displays has also been changed.

No changes have been made to the engine and the other components.

Overall no much change they have pepped the exteriors (looks funny to me) and more jazzy interiors. The price has been cut down by 60K from the old one.
Old 11th August 2006, 10:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some will love it, some will hate it, rest will be indifferent
At the present prices and no diesel option, I would say MOST would be indifferent
Old 11th August 2006, 12:08   #27
BHPian

WELL
wanted to know, new FUSION in the markit what will be the discount given on the old version...
i heard they were giving almost 1L doscount before so what can we expect now.
Old 11th August 2006, 13:58   #28
BHPian

I agree too. I was waiting for this new one. The interiors are better in the new one while exterior is better in the old one. In the interior department too they have removed the nice chrome trims from the gear knowb etc
Old 11th August 2006, 14:12   #29
BHPian

Didn't like new Fusion, sorry we had a better Fusion earlier. Fusion has lost its decency. Providing just one variant too seems a weired idea.
Old 11th August 2006, 14:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
One real reason why it didnt click is that its confused : Is it a hatch or a mini-SUV? If its a hatch, its the 2nd most expensive (after the Chevy SRV). If its an SUV, its just too sissy....Forget the Ford - released pictures....in reality, it looks weird.
That's why they've named it FORD (CON)FUSION!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks