Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 16:06   #121
BHPian

I read it in couple of other forums that the launch date for the Logan is 3rd April, is it true, can somebody close to M&M confirm this and also what all variants will be launched initially. I cant understand their policy of manufacturing close to 100 cars a day and that too for last three months and stowing them away for a April launch at this rate they must have already produced close to 9000 cars, why sit on that kind of inventory ?? Beats me, but can anyone confirm the launch date of 3rd April.

Ciao
Old 19th March 2007, 18:53   #122
BHPian

. I cant understand their policy of manufacturing close to 100 cars a day and that too for last three months and stowing them away for a April launch at this rate they must have already produced close to 9000 cars,

Ciao[/quote]

they may be planning to make the waiting period nill, and thus they can have an edge over the huge waiting period of swift. But i wonder if they are manufacturing thismuch amount of cars daily, where they will keep these cars safe. considering this, we can expect the launch very soon.
Old 21st March 2007, 10:38   #123
Senior - BHPian

All,

Yesterday I read in AutoCar India that Mahindra would NOT be launching it in white colour for the base models so that it does not become a TAXI. I think this is a smart move by Mahindra guys. The ads are now getting on to the nerves as its high time the Logan hits the market...
Old 21st March 2007, 10:42   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
All,

Yesterday I read in AutoCar India that Mahindra would NOT be launching it in white colour for the base models so that it does not become a TAXI. I think this is a smart move by Mahindra guys. The ads are now getting on to the nerves as its high time the Logan hits the market...
Is it necessary that taxis should always be only in white?
Also, getting them repainted isnt all that difficult if the need is severe.

This may only be a temporary move... it would only be a matter of time before they give in. If they can bring down the Scorpio to cab levels, i am sure the Logan would.
Old 21st March 2007, 10:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is it necessary that taxis should always be only in white?
Even I used to wonder as we see tourist taxis in a lot of colours but it is necessary that a tourist taxi must be in white...even I didn't know this when my college professor told me I wasnt ready to believe him but when I read it in ACI, my doubt got resolved.
Old 21st March 2007, 10:52   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but it is necessary that a tourist taxi must be in white..
No! It can be any colour. The distinguishing factor is the colour of the licence plate - yellow background with black letters. It's just that with India being a hot country, white seem's to be the most popular for tourist cars. Also, I guess many operators now tend to believe that white is a compulsory colour simply because we've all become accustomed to it.

Last edited by Rtech : 21st March 2007 at 10:53.
Old 21st March 2007, 11:28   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
No, white seem's to be the most popular for tourist cars. Also, I guess many operators now tend to believe that white is a compulsory colour simply because we've all become accustomed to it.
also cheaper to repair
Old 21st March 2007, 11:52   #128
Senior - BHPian

May be we need to check with the Local Authorities. Even I used to believe that they could be in any color till the time I came across this news. Even in my company the Tourist cars are Maroon, Silver and a host of other colours including black.

Anyone from Orix or Routes here who can give an insight?
Old 21st March 2007, 19:27   #129
Senior - BHPian

another reason is that at least till about a couple of years back, white was the cheapest colour in any car since it was non-metallic. Maruti still has this pricing policy. that is one reason why many taxis are white.
Old 21st March 2007, 21:19   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Mainstream media reporting this or not, such kind of flipping is dangerous.

What the ???. The test driver is not wearing a helmet or any thing?

If a sedan can flip easily, now where are the pics of Wagon R, Santro and Omni Flipping??

------------------------
We have about 200 Cabs in our office. All of them are white... No alien colors in the Fleet. I wonder why?

Cheers,
Jai...
Old 21st March 2007, 22:36   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post

If a sedan can flip easily, now where are the pics of Wagon R, Santro and Omni Flipping??

And M800, Reva...The manufacturers were probably given a free hand by the Indian Govt to control the Indian population with these vehicles - wouldnt be surprised if these vehicles are listed under "birth control devices" by the govt

Last edited by theMAG : 21st March 2007 at 22:52.
Old 22nd March 2007, 01:19   #132
Senior - BHPian

CNN-IBN: Mahindra Logan gets Homologation certificate.
Old 22nd March 2007, 14:26   #133
BHPian

I'm sure that driver is in quite some control while flipping the car on two wheels... I have seen this on Top Gear long time back...
Old 12th December 2009, 13:27   #134
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for digging this thread out of the grave. Is New Logan coming at this Expo?
Old 12th December 2009, 14:15   #135
Senior - BHPian

Various auto mags report that it is expected in December. But Mahindra Renault might push it to the expo (january).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks