Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2007, 22:12   #91
BHPian

Exterior looks reasonably good. Interior is better than many cars in lower C segment. If the On road price is between 5L and 6L then it will be a good contender, it needs to be seen how M&M supports it. At least 80+ BHP and a torque of 11/12 Kgm would be good, not to forget the FE parameter, probably the most crucial for India market. A city FE of 12-14 KMPL and highway 18-20 KMPL should make it attractive.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:13   #92
Senior - BHPian

If they can sell the upmarket model for 5.5-6 Lakhs, I think it will have many takers. However we need to see how the car and the company progresses for atleast 18 months with a min of 20-25000 kms mileage done.

Noticed the fuel tank to be on the right. Straight lift from the European model, I guess.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 15th February 2007 at 22:19.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:14   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Its cars like this that give the Esteem a free botox and face lift. Maruti neednt worry abt phasing out the Esteem with competition like this - the Esteem looking more modern.

That rear-door glass area looks very awkward without a quarterglass for that type of window shape. It also resembles the Fiat Siena from the behind.

Last edited by theMAG : 15th February 2007 at 22:16.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:27   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Its cars like this that give the Esteem a free botox and face lift. Maruti neednt worry abt phasing out the Esteem with competition like this
Esteem will be good for another 4-5 years with good facelift and ofcourse better interiors and equipment. Esteem with the swift interiors will help some extend to revive the lost glory of the car. Its a lot value for money.

Logan from the pics seem to have decent interiors, especially the beige coding and the fake aluminium. The AC vents are certainly from the swift.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:34   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Its cars like this that give the Esteem a free botox and face lift. Maruti neednt worry abt phasing out the Esteem with competition like this - the Esteem looking more modern.

That rear-door glass area looks very awkward without a quarterglass for that type of window shape. It also resembles the Fiat Siena from the behind.
Esteem looks more modern?

Its got much much more space than the Esteem. Infact, the boxy exteriors give rise to enormous space inside. As much as the Corolla. Not to forget the comfort factor. And the ride quality is expected to be best in the segment. Esteem does not even come close.
The only areas i think Esteem beats the Logan is ofcourse, the performance (petrol model), and MARUTI A.S.S.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:53   #96
nbr
BHPian

[quote=SRK;374812]If priced resonably..
I think it will be a good option for taxis..

Iquote]
This will tarnish the image of LOGAN.! Definately LOGAN won't be right car for image concious buyer, however gud the engine be.
Old 15th February 2007, 23:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

This has become a fairly lengthy thread, so please fogive me if this has been asked before. But after a lili reading I understand that petrol Logan would be launched in April with 1.4 and 1.6 ltr engine options... and than a diesel with 1.5 ltr engine would be launched... my questions are... What are the power specs for the diesel engine, and when is its launch due?
Old 16th February 2007, 10:25   #98
BHPian

I find the car extremely ugly. It seriously lacks character and style. If the car doesn't appeal with its looks, then it is hard to fall in love with it. It looks totally dated. I guess it could be used predominantly as as a taxi. I actually find the the new Indigo SX slightly better looking. Logan looks like a sobered down Ikon (minus all curves).

Again, 1.4, 1.6, P/D, I guess that it is not something that we don't already have in our market. A complete taxi for me if the A.S.S is good enough.
Old 16th February 2007, 10:34   #99
BHPian

If Logan is priced 5.5-6L on road then it is SWIFT/GETZ/UVA/FUSION trritory. IMO They will be forced to reduce price.
Old 16th February 2007, 10:35   #100
Team-BHP Support

With respect to the pics provided here, the Logan looks fairly good, and should sell well with the right backup. I feel it looks a lot more modern than the Esteem.
Old 16th February 2007, 10:40   #101
BHPian

If rightly priced it will certainly click. Indigo Lx is crossing 6 lakhs OTR with dicor engine. This will add more spice to the competition.
Old 16th February 2007, 10:59   #102
BHPian

Hey "X" nice find there...
I love the rear looks. Yeah, Mahindra will price it right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
and than a diesel with 1.5 ltr engine would be launched... my questions are... What are the power specs for the diesel engine, and when is its launch due?
I understand that the 1.5 DCi, has 63 Bhp. However, i am unaware of the torque levels. I hope 1.5 DCi performs with adequate torque...

Guys, Generally how is the A.S.S. aspects in respect to M & M?

Cheers,
Jai
Old 16th February 2007, 15:05   #103
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
I find the car extremely ugly. It seriously lacks character and style. If the car doesn't appeal with its looks, then it is hard to fall in love with it. It looks totally dated. I guess it could be used predominantly as as a taxi. I actually find the the new Indigo SX slightly better looking. Logan looks like a sobered down Ikon (minus all curves).

Again, 1.4, 1.6, P/D, I guess that it is not something that we don't already have in our market. A complete taxi for me if the A.S.S is good enough.
you mean to say that LOOKS alone is parameter for a car"s success in INDIA. I don"t think so.
SANTRO, INDIGO, QUALIS, BALENO , are all sad looking cars and there are a whole lot of fans for these cars ,definately for the other parameters ,other than the looks.
Old 17th February 2007, 07:27   #104
BHPian

Engines for the Logan

Just check out this link.

Though this link is for the Renault MCV (Multi Convivial(?) Vehicle), the engines are the same. Oddly, the renault engine list doesn't have the diesel engine

Dacia Logan MCV engines

And in my opinion, Logan is way ahead of Esteem. This is a new Car and the looks are really amazing. True to the Indian Tradition of Value for Money. Just wait for mahindra to price it right..
Old 17th February 2007, 08:33   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
If rightly priced it will certainly click. Indigo Lx is crossing 6 lakhs OTR with dicor engine. This will add more spice to the competition.
I saw sometime back somewhere in an interview, the Dacia Logan designer saying that Logan could be cheaper than Indigo!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks