Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2015, 13:05   #16
BHPian

re: 2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)

It's good to see that Innova is now offering dual airbags for all its variants. Previously you had to go all the way up to top model to get that. Definitely a positive step. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit.
joshiviv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 13:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Insane pricing for the new Fortuner. Have they seriously priced the 4x2 MT, 2.5L Fortuner at 24.17L? I really wonder how much profit are they making on each Fortuner. Can anyone post the prices prior to the hike?
22.25 to 23.5 in Delhi. They have surely going wrong with pricing now. it doesn't looks like a 30+ lakh vehicle from any angle.
Old 6th January 2015, 14:13   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Atleast for Innova it looks like the last refresh. Innova replacement is supposed to hit market by year end.

A clever ploy by Toyota to keep the model in limelight till then.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 16:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Looking forward for the Innova pics. I hate the current front grille design and hope the new design is pleasing to the eye.

I am wondering whether Fortuner prices are really justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
22.25 to 23.5 in Delhi. They have surely going wrong with pricing now. it doesn't looks like a 30+ lakh vehicle from any angle.
No, the Fortuner pricing isn't justified at all. Unfortunately this is what happens when there is no competition. The only real competition to Fortuner is Pajero Sport and lots of people who consider both end up buying Fortuner because of the perceived Service/Support issues with Mitsubishi and Pajero sport ain't cheap either.

There is simply no alternative if one wants a large, rugged and reliable 4x4 SUV around 30L
hondadude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 17:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner 4wd was 23.8L ex-showroom Bangalore when i checked last week.
Today, it is a whopping 25.9L!! That is a straight 2.1L hike for black interiors, smoked alloys and lamps. It is just insane.
starter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 17:24   #21
BHPian

Prices are insanely high due to year end hikes and also the roll back of the excise sop that the auto sector enjoyed until 31st Dec.

The Fortuner has a new paint shade added - the same color that was on the limited edition Innova.
Attached Thumbnails
2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-9d0a715a0be8f2.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 17:59   #22
BHPian

I was in Munnar, Kerala in last week of 2014. Pretty much all the taxis I saw there run by tour operators were Innova. So many of them. Looks like it is blind faith.

My friend owns an Innova. Whenever he visits Toyota showroom for servicing the other vehicle owners he meet are invariably drivers from tour or taxi companies. At times, the service personal needs a detune to make him adjusted to the frequency of a non-cab driver.
B103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 19:15   #23
BHPian

In the Toyota website the pricing of the 2.5l Fortuner is higher than the 3.0l one (Karnataka ex-showroom). Is this a printing mistake? Or is it for the TRD Sportivo body kit?
Attached Thumbnails
2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-capture.jpg  

carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 19:54   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
So, what happened to that all hype of New Innova getting launched with completely fresh design and better powered engine, blah blah....
Not blah, it's a fact. You'll see the new Innova at the Auto Expo 2016. The updates being discussed on this thread are probably the final ones for the current Innova.

However, what I've heard (rumoured, so can't confirm) is that Toyota might sell the old & new Innovas side by side. Current Innova = cheap variants for commercial operators. New Innova = More expensive, targeting the private owner (similar to Dzire Tour & 2nd-gen Dzire).
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 20:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Same scenario as the CBU Camry and Indian assembled Camry.
Cheaper , cheaper was the slogan, and when it came, more expensive than the CBU.

You have the engine, you have the car. The next gen will take 2 years to come.
Oh, Toyota lord, won't you grace the Indian car buyer by plonking this engine (rather tune) into the Innova instead.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 21:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I fail to understand why other car makers are allowing Toyota to have a free run in both these segments i.e. a comfortable MPV with 3 rows of seating and a good 25L SUV. Toyota is acting mighty only because they can afford to do so since they are literally unchallenged in both these territories and even with the current atrocious pricing, they will find enough buyers. The only little challenged being posed is by XUV500 in the first and the Pajero Sports in the second category.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 21:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
In the Toyota website the pricing of the 2.5l Fortuner is higher than the 3.0l one (Karnataka ex-showroom). Is this a printing mistake? Or is it for the TRD Sportivo body kit?
It is not a mistake. It appears that 2.5 is being sold only with TRD kit and hence the higher price.

Quote:
I fail to understand why other car makers are allowing Toyota to have a free run in both these segments i.e. a comfortable MPV with 3 rows of seating and a good 25L SUV. Toyota is acting mighty only because they can afford to do so since they are literally unchallenged in both these territories and even with the current atrocious pricing, they will find enough buyers. The only little challenged being posed is by XUV500 in the first and the Pajero Sports in the second category.
The new Endeavour is the only hope to take on the Fortuner challenge.

Last edited by hondadude : 6th January 2015 at 21:18.
hondadude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 23:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not blah, it's a fact. You'll see the new Innova at the Auto Expo 2016. The updates being discussed on this thread are probably the final ones for the current Innova.

[b]However, what I've heard (rumoured, so can't confirm) is that Toyota might sell the old & new Innovas side by side. Current Innova = cheap variants for commercial operators. New Innova = More expensive, targeting the private owner (similar to Dzire Tour & 2nd-gen Dzire).
I have mentioned about both old and new Innova selling side by side in another thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...age-7-a-3.html

Why kill a Hen which has been laying so many golden eggs for long time?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th January 2015 at 15:26. Reason: Quote fixed
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 23:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
I don't see their website updated yet with new Innova pics/ features. But the prices seem to have been revised in their website by almost 60k every variant?
The website is updated now, just checked.

Increasing the price again and again without offering anything extra is really a no no. Guess they are milking as much as they can as Innova has no direct competitor which offers the same comfort at that price.

Last edited by GTO : 7th January 2015 at 16:31. Reason: Typo
Old 7th January 2015, 02:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toyota offers piece of mind but at a price. Coming from an owner of the fortuner yes it is over priced and features are very basic but before buying this car we had a hard look at the xuv but it couldnt convince us. The number of complaints was one of the main reason we went with this.

Till someone offers something better and more bullet proof nobody can dent this sales. Huge vaccum in the 10 lacs to 28 lacs range in suvs.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed