Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 21:06   #211
BANNED

re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

I still couldn't get enough of the Official review and wanted to see the car again so went to the NEXA showroom @ KBR Park road, Hyderabad that is operated by Varun Motors.

Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-img_20150806_175437.jpg

Just opened and the car is not yet launched in Hyderabad. The launch shall be done tomorrow at Novotel hotel.

A nice decently spaced out showroom for customers to check the cars completely without running into each other. A total of 3 cars on display - Silver, Blue and Brown.

Three places for customer to sit and chat with their RM's.

Pricing not yet received for the Hyderabad city, the RM said it will be between 14L to 16L for the DDiS 320 (Prices are OTR).

These guys have a total of 150+ bookings for the S-Cross and he didn't want to reveal which engine had more demand. As the brain says it will be the DDiS 200 looking at the pricing.

Test drives shall either begin from tomorrow after launch or by this weekend as they are yet to receive the TD cars. I will be informed by them when the cars arrive so I can get down TD'ing.

Wife and I went to see the car today and honestly speaking Silver colour makes the car gets its size out in reality. The Blue and Brown hide the size of the car and its beauty. I have heard many say that the car is ugly as compared to Creta. I may be only guy saying this but I feel the Creta looks bad with all those creases and chrome on it.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 01:49   #212
BHPian

So after the S cross NEXA would soon be getting the YRA before or after( not sure) which the Ciaz would recieve an update and be shifted to the NEXA outlet as well. So the NEXA outlets would have 3 cars by this year end, two above and one below 10 lakhs.

Maruti would have to revise the Ciaz prices considerably so that it doesn't cannibalise the S cross as maximum mango people will go for a bigger looking car with more space at a slightly lower price.

What is to be seen is how the shift to NEXA and change in features and pricing would affect the existing Ciaz owners.

Even the service network for NEXA cars would be shifted to the NEXA showrooms in the next 6 months once the YRA is launched. Again no idea what would happen to existing Ciaz owners here.

The reception of NEXA by the public seems to be positive almost everywhere. Looks like Maruti has understood what they were lacking when it comes to being a premium offering. Hope they are able to maintain the quality of the showrooms and staff.
Old 9th August 2015, 02:57   #213
BHPian

Launching a NEXA brand does not make Maruti premium. They have to somehow distance their name from premium cars or buy a elite car brand. I doubt any body thinks of Tata when buying Rangerover.

Ciaz and S-cross are light years away from premium. Maruti needs better vision for future or if they have so much money to waste on NEXA then why not invest in something good like hybrid technolgy etc.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 12:43   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
So after the S cross NEXA would soon be getting the YRA before or after( not sure) which the Ciaz would recieve an update and be shifted to the NEXA outlet as well.
Maruti Suzuki names Ciaz Hybrid as Ciaz SHVS. Launch is speculated on August 19th. Could be sold through Nexa.

http://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-maru...z-shvs-500339/

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th August 2015 at 12:44.
Old 10th August 2015, 15:50   #215
Senior - BHPian

Visited the NEXA showroom in Calicut. They have not finished the job completely. But they have used glass all over. The rear of the showroom is finished in Blackened glass which gives a mirror type ambiance. Thereby giving a big place feel. But unlike other MSIL showrooms its not cramped and has lot of space.
Old 10th August 2015, 15:55   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
^^ The site's updated, but when I dropped an email to the corporate sales ID for a performa invoice (mine will be a company lease car if I go ahead), the mail bounced.

I had to then fill up the form on their website for which I got an instant acknowledgement email.

Now let's see how responsive these guys are
Four days and counting... no response yet
Old 11th August 2015, 16:42   #217
BHPian

With the upcoming YRA hatchback also planned to be launched through the Nexa channel, what is the differentiation between the good old Maruti Suzuki and the Nexa? If a product that is comparable to the Elite i20 can be sold in Nexa, the Swift also can be sold in Nexa in my opinion!
The Ciaz, similarly is no means a budget product, but still sold through the Maruti Suzuki regular showrooms.
IMHO, if they want to separate the showrooms based on the premium products to Nexa and the budget products to the regular showrooms, they should keep the Alto, WagonR, Celerio, Ritz (entry B2 hatchback), Dzire (entry sedan), Omni, Eeco, Ertiga to MS Showrooms, and send the Swift (premium B2 hatchback), Ciaz to Nexa to be sold along with the S-Cross and upcoming YRA.
If they keep the products in all price ranges in both showrooms, they will end up with a confused product range, and also lose sales in the name of exclusivity.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:20   #218
Senior - BHPian

In the ad for S Cross on a local language newspaper, the Nexa dealership in Kochi is operated by Sai Service though the other two Maruti dealers in Kochi are independently selling more Maruti cars than Sai Motors. So the criterion for allotting Nexa dealership is not volumes achieved alone.
Though Maruti claims that the S Cross would be sold exclusively at Nexa dealerships, non Nexa Maruti dealers are also exhibiting S Cross.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-nexa.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 12th August 2015 at 18:29.
Old 14th August 2015, 10:38   #219
BHPian

I visited Nexa showroom in Avinashi Road, Coimbatore yesterday.
The showroom itself was neat and tastefully designed, and the corners were separated from the main area to be "discussion areas" with chairs, facing LED displays in each such area.
I did not find any one using iPads for taking notes, the gentleman who attended me scribbled my contact details in a old torn notebook.
I found a few rather funny points about the branding of this showroom.

a) Before my visit, the sales executive had phoned me, and told me that he is calling from "Ambal auto" (not Nexa!).
b) In the showroom, there were no brochures available, not even xerox copies, nowhere to check the features of different trims of the car (premium experience, no need of paper!!). However, he referred his scribbled notes and explained me the differences orally.
c) He provided me a printed copy of price list, which said the name of the vehicle as "Maruti S-Cross" . Maruti Suzuki can invest all its money in branding Nexa, but at the end, the dealers still sell the vehicles as Maruti only!
d) The sales executive was very shy to talk about the DDiS320 (probably I might run away seeing its price). He suggested me before I asked anything about S-Cross, to go for 1.3 litre Zeta version because it makes most VFM!

All the above leads me to believe that they still operate like yet another dealership of Maruti, but for some reason that they cannot understand, they are not allowed to sell Omni van in this showroom!
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 11:09   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
d) The sales executive was very shy to talk about the DDiS320 (probably I might run away seeing its price). He suggested me before I asked anything about S-Cross, to go for 1.3 litre Zeta version because it makes most VFM!
. Just for your information, one more Nexa showroom is there on the Mettupalayam road somewhere near Ganga hospital on your RHS when you go towards Central theatre from Sai Baba colony.
Old 17th August 2015, 12:35   #221
BHPian

Dear deemash,

Yes, I have seen the Nexa showroom on MTP Road. I heard this MTP Road Nexa is from aadhi cars. These people are also running a regular Maruti Suzuki showroom in Sathy road just after Ganapathy, (here is where I bought my existing car!) and in my opinion the aadhi maruti guys are very good in their follow ups.

Another point from Avinashi Road Nexa - The sales executive admitted that the sales of S-Cross only through Nexa would severely hamper its sales prospects, as the number of showrooms are less.

Warm Regards!
Old 19th August 2015, 11:12   #222
BHPian

Anyone had a good experience in getting your booking amount back from Nexa dealership after cancellation?

I had initially pre-booked S-Cross by paying 11K booking amount to Bimal Nexa, Bangalore. It is almost 15 days since I cancelled my booking with them and yet to receive the refund. Everytime I check, refund amount is always 2 to 3 days away
Old 19th August 2015, 13:59   #223
Senior - BHPian

I saw the S cross at a display in Viviana Mall, Thane on Sunday. The car was kept on display by Navnit Nexa; My initial impressions were that the car (I would not call it a crossover) looks nice.

However, when I am paying upto 17 lakhs for a car, I need to sit in the car and feel it; the car at display was locked!

People there were asking questions like why is it priced so high?

The SA wrote my contact information when I asked for a TD and asked me where I lived? He said he also lives there only and didnt seem very keen to taking it further.

It's been 4 days (including sunday) and I havent received a call yet.
Old 19th August 2015, 14:08   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The SA wrote my contact information when I asked for a TD and asked me where I lived? He said he also lives there only and didnt seem very keen to taking it further.
This only means that, they have a lot of bookings already and unable to cope up with the huge demand for S-Cross, or they don't care to note down details.
From what I gather from the executive, there is not much demand for the car, and after booking the delivery can even be within a week. But I am not sure why they behave like this in your city.
Even in my case, I received the call from Nexa SA after one full month of providing my details expressing interest on S-Cross on the website.
How many cars were there in the showroom? Since this is the only car to be on display, keeping that also locked does not seem to be sensible! If not for checking out the car's internals, why else one would visit the showroom!
Old 19th August 2015, 14:34   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
How many cars were there in the showroom? Since this is the only car to be on display, keeping that also locked does not seem to be sensible! If not for checking out the car's internals, why else one would visit the showroom!
It was at a mall; Ironically, Skoda had their Octavio on display right behind the Suzuki stall and their car was unlocked

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks