Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 14:34   #226
BHPian

re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

No matter how much upmarket Maruti Suzuki is trying to show itself by selling its new brand of cars in separate showrooms, the real success will lay in making things simpler and customer friendly. This move by Maruti Suzuki is aimed at attracting those customers who shy away from treating it as a premium brand, apart from this the company has also omitted Maruti from its logo in all the premium cars it is selling (S-Cross is being sold as Suzuki S-Cross and not Maruti Suzuki S-Cross) but still for most of the customers in India the word Maruti remains synonymous with Suzuki and vice versa. Anyway what difference does it makes, after all what the customer is looking for is value for his/her money. With so many options to choose from, the customer is becoming wiser by the day.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:53   #227
BANNED

With One NEXA (Varun Motors) in KBR Park road and the other NEXA (Saboo) at Jubilee hills checkpost road area, there is a third one coming up.

NEXA (Sai Service) which is coming at Raj Bhavan Road. Construction etc should start soon.
Old 17th September 2015, 19:06   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
With One NEXA (Varun Motors) in KBR Park road and the other NEXA (Saboo) at Jubilee hills checkpost road area, there is a third one coming up.

NEXA (Sai Service) which is coming at Raj Bhavan Road. Construction etc should start soon.
I was amazed to find two NEXA in such close vicinity, in my recent trip to Hyderabad. I guess majority of chunk in telangana buy cars in Hyderabad, so even three showrooms are not enough.
Old 27th September 2015, 13:08   #229

Currently amongst Southern Tier 2 cities Mangalore ,Coimbatore and Vizag have two Nexa showroom each . Amongst the Tier 1 cities Bangalore has 4 , Chennai has a few and Hyderabad will have in total 5 .
Old 27th September 2015, 17:58   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr747 View Post
Chennai has a few and Hyderabad will have in total 5 .
AFAIK, Chennai has only one Nexa outlet. It's in Ambattur and is owned by Khivraj Motors. Even the Nexa website lists just one. Hopefully a few more Nexa showrooms will open before the Baleno launch. The one at Ambattur is way too far, at least for me!!
Old 27th September 2015, 18:37   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
AFAIK, Chennai has only one Nexa outlet. It's in Ambattur and is owned by Khivraj Motors. Even the Nexa website lists just one. Hopefully a few more Nexa showrooms will open before the Baleno launch. The one at Ambattur is way too far, at least for me!!
True. Chennai has only one. I was reading an advt. of Nexa in the Hindu newspaper while I was in India recently. I thought more were opening at Chennai. In Hyderabad three more are yet to open taking the total to 5.
Old 27th September 2015, 18:39   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
The second one is opening at Nandanam - after the DSC Hyundai showroom on Mount Road, a little ahead of the VW showroom. This was where the erstwhile MPL FORD showroom used to stand and then later taken over by Avenue Nissan. Avenue Nissan has vacated that place and it has been taken over by, i believe, Popular Maruti. Civil work is on at full swing.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 20:08   #233
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I was told by my RM at Varun that they are opening another NEXA showroom at LB Nagar. Construction on that has started it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
The second one is opening at Nandanam - after the DSC Hyundai showroom on Mount Road, a little ahead of the VW showroom. This was where the erstwhile MPL FORD showroom used to stand and then later taken over by Avenue Nissan. Avenue Nissan has vacated that place and it has been taken over by, i believe, Popular Maruti. Civil work is on at full swing.
Have seen a NEXA showroom under construction last week on OMR just after the toll gate. I guess it should open in next 15-20 days.
Old 2nd October 2015, 23:01   #234
BHPian

And there was one less. So less than two months after opening, Nexa Green Park, New Delhi (which I think was owned by Bagga Link) has closed. It was open then temporarily closed and now permanently closed. Wonder what happened?
Old 2nd October 2015, 23:24   #235
BHPian

A nexa showroom has opened up on a very expensive property in Rajouri Garden, New Delhi just in the neighborhood of MERCEDES(talk about premium ).

Went with my dad to check the ddis 320.
As usual the test drive was available for only ddis 200, which the sales man kept on pitching for over the ddis 320. In all fairness though he agreed to bring ddis 320 to my home the following day, which still is no big deal as my house is just two lanes behind the showroom.

Any way the experience was not out of the world but not too bad either. It's certainly a relief coming from maruti and hyundai showroom with their fish market vibe, children running around, waiting for a long time to get a sales rep appointed and so on. The interior colour theme of white grey and black looks good. Salesmen seem to be proactive but some how the overall feel is typical maruti and no where near as polished as say the neighbouring MERCEDES Benz showroom (it's only maruti who told us that the showroom would give "premium" experience). There needs to be special mention of the house fly which kept on irritating me while I was chatting with the sales rep

So all in all I feel that it's a waste of money, maruti should have priced the car(ddis 320) a bit lower or should have provide all grip awd and auto box for that price rather then getting into this paraphernalia of "premium experience".

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 2nd October 2015 at 23:27.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 07:06   #236

Yes SDK is right, I visited the NEXA upcoming showroom on OMR and they said it will open before Dusshera! It's on the same line where there's a Mercedes showroom from titanium motors. The front fascia of both showrooms are eerily similar ! Thus not sure how many regular Maruti customers will actually walk into a Nexa showroom
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:49   #237
BHPian

From the beginning i am a bit doubtful about this whole 'premium' dealership strategy of maruti. It would have been better if they bought in the premium factor with their vehicles like say, hyundai. Even though hyundai started with the non-premium models like santro and accent, they have always been trying their hand with models in higher price brackets like getz, tuscan, sonata (old models) etc. They never really stopped with such experimenting even though all these models did not fare well. I believe all those attempts had somehow made the public register the fact that there could be some premium ( costly) vehicles with hyundai badge. Then, once they moved on to fluidic design language with excellent interior quality, they were all set. They could even launch santa fe at a bit higher price than fortuner and still manage to clock some decent numbers. On the contrary, whenever MS tried their hand at premium vehicles, they selected wrong products like petrol only vitara and kizashi in the times when market was hugely diesel minded. When they could not succeed, they went back to hatchbacks and entry level models to defend their market share. I feel, a bit more strategic product launches with an earlier waking up to developing their own diesel engines would have placed them differently. Their major strength is their dealership presence and reach and am sure models like s-cross would have got much better numbers from tier 2 and 3 cities where MS has strong hold. Am their existing customer and can say that their delaership experience is not that far behind say, hyundai to warrant a new line of dealership brand. Not sure if other members agree with my thoughts.
Old 8th October 2015, 12:15   #238
BHPian

A Nexa showroom is coming up on Sahar Road Andheri East near the Vijaynagar Society. Looks like they will be opening by Dusshera.
Old 8th October 2015, 12:28   #239
BHPian

I also saw a NEXA outlet coming up on OMR road (Chennai) right after the Perungudi toll. The work seems almost done. The look and feel of the outlet is like those of premium brands like Jaguar, Merc and Audi.
Old 8th October 2015, 12:35   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Salesmen seem to be proactive but some how the overall feel is typical maruti and no where near as polished as say the neighbouring MERCEDES Benz showroom (it's only maruti who told us that the showroom would give "premium" experience).
Merc's crossover GLA class starts at 30L and ends around 70L ex-showroom. Of course, these are mostly CBUs, and over-priced to ensure luxury brand value.
But then they do not skimp on any feature.
By trying to stick to a lower price, the Nexa brand is diluted at the beginning itself.
1.3L Diesel engine that goes into Swift on S-Cross as well as Baleno? Can't they get hands on some good 2.0L engine?
2 airbags on S-Cross? Why don't they surprise us with 7 airbags? Even Ford Figo offers 6 airbags!
No Automatic! Premium vehicle owners do not deserve automatic? Are you sure all of them want to drive manuals?
1.2L Petrol Engine & sub 4m car on Premium showroom! Imagine! Can you imagine the brand value if Merc does the same on its A-Class?

If you want to go Premium, learn from Luxury manufacturers! Not from Hyundai / Honda!
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks