Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 12:05   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
If they had started one about 4 months ago, or even started with more than one in Chennai, I would have bought one. I wasted an entire weekend to get a test drive at Khivraj Nexa Chennai. They were acting so high and mighty that I just went ahead and booked the GT Tsi back here in Trichy.

What a car , the GT! The easiest way around town and a scream out in the highway!
The GT TSi is miles ahead than baleno in all ways, except space and A.S.S. Trichy VW dealer is notorious for fraud, at the technician level. My brother has a GT 1.6 TDI, and has witnessed so many cases of parts stealing/transfer as he happens to be friends with supervisors.

But the GT TSI is an awesome car. I havent driven a TSI in polo, but i do have an experience of DSG in the form of a remapped 220BHP Passat. GT TDI was awesome to drive, no wonder DSG makes TSI a better option than the TDI. Happy miles to you! You have chosen a better car IMO

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 6th June 2016 at 12:27.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:23   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
The GT TSi is miles ahead than baleno in all ways, except space and A.S.S. Trichy VW dealer is notorious for fraud, at the technician level. My brother has a GT 1.6 TDI, and has witnessed so many cases of parts stealing/transfer as he happens to be friends with supervisors.

But the GT TSI is an awesome car. I havent driven a TSI in polo, but i do have an experience of DSG in the form of a remapped 220BHP Passat. GT TDI was awesome to drive, no wonder DSG makes TSI a better option than the TDI. Happy miles to you! You have chosen a better car IMO
I bought a Vento in 2013. Service experience has been good so far. Hope it stays that way.
Old 13th June 2016, 21:03   #348
BHPian

Cross-posting from the Ignis thread as I believe this is more relevant here:

How is the Ignis premium I can only wonder! NEXA strategy is confused. Period. Maruti themselves have no clue of where they are going with this one as their dealers themselves launch protests with every car launched. They are happy with sales numbers and that's it.
  • Ciaz was expected to go to NEXA but MS dealers objected. In my opinion, this is desperately needed to give Ciaz the "premium" image as the City (for example).
  • Baleno was to come to MS but Maruti put it in NEXA due to the slow selling S-Cross to give a shot in the arm to NEXA.
  • Brezza was to go to NEXA but MS dealers objected due to Baleno going there!
  • Ignis will go to NEXA and then next-gen Swift will go to MS and so on.

Keep in mind that not all MS dealers have NEXA outlets and hence these issues are being faced. I can't believe a Rs 4-5 lac car (Ignis) being premium no matter what headlamps and nick-knacks they throw in.

Alternatively, they should get the Ciaz into NEXA with the option of the 1.6 engine (thereby making it a true-blooded RS edition) and surely keep cars below Rs 5 lacs in MS. Dzire should be the most expensive car in MS and Baleno should be cheapest in NEXA.

Also, granting dealerships should be more calculated. In Andheri West, MS and NEXA and the service center are 3 totally different dealers (that too within 100 meters)! Would it not make more sense to keep a single dealer in the same area? Then perhaps dealers won't fight for certain cars in certain showrooms.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 13th June 2016 at 21:06.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 15:33   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

The Maruti-Suzuki Baleno and the Maruti-Suzuki S-Cross now get new gunmetal-coloured "grey" alloys, instead of the silver-coloured alloys earlier.

They are available with both Nexa offerings at no increase in present prices.

RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 15:40   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Maruti-Suzuki Baleno and the Maruti-Suzuki S-Cross now get new gunmetal-coloured "grey" alloys, instead of the silver-coloured alloys earlier.
Most of the owners who bought S-Cross after Feb this year, got gun-metal colored alloys by default. Do you mean this is now available as official accessory?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 19:06   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Most of the owners who bought S-Cross after Feb this year, got gun-metal colored alloys by default. Do you mean this is now available as official accessory?
Not sure about the accessory part, but I am sure there must have been addition of a new part number in the Maruti's database. There will be both the colors available as MGP since what will happen to the person with silver rims who loses an alloy in say a crash??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 21:22   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Upcoming launches from Maruti Suzuki,

Ignis and Baleno RS through Nexa - Festive Season ( Sep- Oct)

Vitara Brezza (boosterjet Petrol) variant through Regular Maruti dealers -2016 Festive season ( as above)

Source- MS dealer info.

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th June 2016 at 21:24.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 21:27   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Upcoming launches from Maruti Suzuki,

Ignis and Baleno RS through Nexa - Festive Season ( Sep- Oct)

Vitara Brezza (boosterjet Petrol) variant through Regular Maruti dealers -2016 Festive season ( as above)

Source- MS dealer info.
Is there any information about the naturally aspirated 1.5L petrol which was speculated earlier?? I guess the boosterjet will be as expensive, if not more, as the current diesel motor.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 23:06   #354
BHPian

Quote:

Baleno RS through Nexa - Festive Season ( Sep- Oct)

Source- MS dealer info.
Bet that the Baleno RS will come with graphic stickers & special mud flaps

There will be no mechanical change.
Old 20th June 2016, 05:17   #355
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Cross-posting from the Ignis thread as I ..............Then perhaps dealers won't fight for certain cars in certain showrooms.
Your points are well taken. MS is trying to do what the Japanese chaibol have done in the west (Toyota-Lexus, Nissan-Infinity, Honda-Accura) some time ago - with mixed success. Probably the boffins at MS feel that the domestic market here - particularly with Toyota introducing the Lexus here in the near future - is sufficiently differentiated to try such a stunt. Unhappily forgetting that the MS dealers here are as temperamental (and pampered!) as a bunch of ageing prima donnas.

Last edited by shashanka : 20th June 2016 at 05:21.
Old 20th June 2016, 07:29   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Bet that the Baleno RS will come with graphic stickers & special mud flaps
There will be no mechanical change.
Surprisingly yes, there are mechanical changes to the Baleno RS variant. Refer to the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ol-engine.html
Old 20th June 2016, 08:32   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Is there any information about the naturally aspirated 1.5L petrol which was speculated earlier?? I guess the boosterjet will be as expensive, if not more, as the current diesel motor.
Maruti Suzuki S Cross is likely get the 1.5-litre 100hp M15 engine, while boosterjet will be in Baleno and Vitara Brezza!

Quote:
The M15 is a 1,490cc, four-cylinder engine which produces 100hp at 5,900rpm and 133Nm of torque at 4,100rpm.
Source- ACI
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:02   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki S Cross is likely get the 1.5-litre 100hp M15 engine, while boosterjet will be in Baleno and Vitara Brezza!
133NM of torque is horrible. The M16 gave around 150NM IIRC. Though power output is similar, the torque will dull the performance quotient. Petrols are not torquey I know, but this will be heights of underpowered.
Old 20th June 2016, 10:18   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Source- ACI
Thanks !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
133NM of torque is horrible. The M16 gave around 150NM IIRC. Though power output is similar, the torque will dull the performance quotient. Petrols are not torquey I know, but this will be heights of underpowered.
The M16 had 145Nm torque.

However the news of 133Nm in 1.5 is disappointing. The K14B already had 130Nm torque, so what's the point of the whole exercise of bringing a different engine to Indian market??

I believe it will get the higher state of tune version of the M15. Quoting Wikipedia-
Quote:
The M15A displaces 1.5 L (1,490 cc); bore is 78.0 mm (3.1 in) and stroke is 78.0 mm (3.1 in). This engine has a variable valve timing valvetrain. With a 9.5:1 compression ratio, it produces 74.5 kW (99.9 hp) at 5,900 rpm and 133 N·m (98 lb·ft) at 4,100 rpm. (U.K. specification). The M15A used in the Suzuki Ignis(HT81S) has a higher compression ratio of 11.0:1, and produces 83 kW (113 PS; 111 hp) at 6400 rpm and 143 N·m (105 lb·ft) at 4100 rpm.
I believe the latter tune with higher compression ratio and power(111BHP and 143Nm) will be coming to India. Maruti surely won't launch an engine with lower compression ratio in this day and age.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 08:42   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa may contribute 15% to Maruti Suzuki sales by 2020.

The company sold about 1.3 million vehicles last year, Nexa, with sales of 1 lakh units in the past year, currently accounts for about a tenth of the annual sales of the country’s largest car-maker.

Quote:
It retails only two models — S Cross and Baleno — from the 150 operational dealerships at present. Two more models (Ignis and Baleno RS) will be added by the end of this fiscal with the number of Nexa dealerships going up to 250.
The sales from Nexa are currently dependent on Baleno which has a waiting period of up to eight months. Maruti had sold 70,000 units of Baleno and 30,000 units of the S-Cross model since their unveiling. The long waiting period was a matter of concern and the company was working to reduce it.
http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle8882239.ece

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks