Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 20:42   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

Maruti Suzuki opens 200th Nexa premium dealership at Hyderabad.

The Nexa showrooms are now present in 121 cities and has already sold over 1,85,000 vehicles since its inception in July 2015.
Quote:
The Nexa LB Nagar, run by Kalyani Motors, will sell India's largest car maker's premium cars such as the Ignis compact crossover, Baleno hatchback and the S-Cross crossover. Maruti Suzuki plans to expand the number of Nexa outlets to 250 by end of this fiscal. It also targets to sell 2,00,000 units of cars by March 2017.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:30   #392
BHPian

Nexa is a stupid expensive idea. The existing showrooms are enough. I have a Maruti showroom right next to my house and my decision to buy a Baleno is not going to depend on the showroom.

Of course, with the Balenos and Ignises they will sell, they will convince themselves that the idea is working.
Old 31st January 2017, 16:00   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
Nexa is a stupid expensive idea. The existing showrooms are enough. I have a Maruti showroom right next to my house and my decision to buy a Baleno is not going to depend on the showroom.

Of course, with the Balenos and Ignises they will sell, they will convince themselves that the idea is working.
I would never call Nexa a stupid idea ! It's another MSIL's Marketing move to give the premium customers the kind of treatment they expect whilst doing away with regular buyers. It's their way to lay much needed focus on those deserving customers willing to pay a premium for the same. I'd say the numbers S-Cross & Baleno made by Maruti has got at least a pie to do with the Nexa !
vvijay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 16:36   #394
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
It's another MSIL's Marketing move to give the premium customers the kind of treatment they expect whilst doing away with regular buyers. It's their way to lay much needed focus on those deserving customers willing to pay a premium for the same.
Dear vvijay, have you bought products from NEXA. I have bought a Baleno and believe me there is no special() treatment. You are in the same line as the infinite number of yellow board and regular marutis while servicing and you sit in the same lounge where your so called regular buyers are seated.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 16:44   #395
Team-BHP Support

Nexa exclusive service centers are on their way. During the Ignis launch, I was told that pilot is already underway though no further details were given.

However, in my experience of getting S-Cross at a regular MUL service center, I saw Nexa cars being given priority when it came to washing queues etc. Of course, the waiting room and the coffee was same for everyone
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 17:04   #396
BHPian

Quote:
I would never call Nexa a stupid idea ! It's another MSIL's Marketing move to give the premium customers the kind of treatment they expect whilst doing away with regular buyers. It's their way to lay much needed focus on those deserving customers willing to pay a premium for the same.
While we all agree to this, but the same logic should apply to Ciaz customers or for that matter Brezza customers. Or are we saying that they deserve the same treatment as an Alto customer! (no offense meant to the Alto customers here)
Old 31st January 2017, 17:48   #397
BHPian

We bought a Baleno from Nexa, and we bought Swift, SX4 and Wagon R from the regular Maruti showroom. No special customer service was garnered on us at all at Nexa. On the contrary the regular Maruti guy was more willing to listen and help with various queries, requests, etc. The Nexa guys were too damn stiff and would not even budge for a small request such as allowing us to see the manager for a routine payment request. The guy from our regular Maruti showroom, when he heard we were facing issues with payment drove all the way from his showroom to Nexa to sort the issue. And he did sort it out within 30 minutes, something which took us 5 hours of haggling with Nexa reps. That's a personal experience, you may say that as we have been buying so many cars from the regular showroom we are his favourite customers. However that extra mile he went for us to come to Nexa to sort the issue, when he could have chosen not to, clearly tells me Nexa is just an eye wash and nothing else.
iFuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 18:54   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

The Nexa showrooms are now present in 121 cities and has already sold over 1,85,000 vehicles since its inception in July 2015.

Link
This could be a formal ceremony. This showroom was functional since ~30 Days. Visited this showroom on 21-Jan-17 for inquiring about S-Cross. Was attended by a sales executive only after loitering the showroom for 10 mins. And the icing on the cake was no S-Cross on display. Only had Baleno & Ignis. I was given the S-Cross brochure and was asked to visit the subsequent Monday for Test-Drive. But even last weekend there was no sight of S-Cross. On further inquiry, learnt that the showroom was operated by Kalyani Motors from Bangalore. Hearing about them for the first time in Hyderabad.

Dear Bangaloreans, how do they perform in Bangalore? Are they as lousy as my experience with them?

Ohh wait, did I tell you that the sales executive didn't even bother to ask my contact details even after staying in the showroom for 20 mins & talking to him for 10 mins?

Last edited by G V Krishna : 31st January 2017 at 18:55. Reason: Ignis*
G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:48   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link
IMO, the first impressions of the Nexa showroom is quite positive & the sales-team are welcoming.

However, I think the products let's them down.
I'd rather have S-cross & Ciaz in Nexa and the rest in the regular showroom.
Ignis/Baleno truly cannot be called "premium".

All opinions personal, no offense!
Old 31st January 2017, 22:17   #400
BHPian

Quote:
I would never call Nexa a stupid idea ! It's another MSIL's Marketing move to give the premium customers the kind of treatment they expect whilst doing away with regular buyers. It's their way to lay much needed focus on those deserving customers willing to pay a premium for the same. I'd say the numbers S-Cross & Baleno made by Maruti has got at least a pie to do with the Nexa !
You can give special treatment without signing up for extra real estate and the additional costs that go with it. I own an XUV500 and Mahindra makes me feel special even though I go to the same service center as a guy with a Bolero. It is what you experience. Not the fact that you go to a different place than guys driving cheaper cars.

S-cross didn't sell until they cut price. In India, price/value and service matters more than anything else. A showroom is something you visit once in your life.

If you really want to build a premium brand with the margins that go with it, it takes a while. Ask Lexus or Acura or Infiniti or Hyundai (with Genesis). It takes a full generation of delivering a superior experience before people will be willing to pay you more money. Nexa still sells Suzukis with the same engines and parts from the Suzuki inventory. Audis have the same engines as Skodas, but their interiors and parts are totally different.

Nexa is a dumb idea thought of by a freckle-faced MBA and his buddies who don't understand brands and what it takes to build them.

Quote:
And may I point out that the ultimate test for whether Nexa was a good idea is whether Maruti would have sold as many units if they didn't create a separate dealership. A look at Ciaz and Vitara-Brezza will tell you that they are doing just fine without the benefit of a Nexa

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st January 2017 at 22:31. Reason: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
Old 1st February 2017, 07:00   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
This could be a formal ceremony. This showroom was functional since ~30 Days. ...S-Cross. Was attended by a sales executive only after loitering the showroom for 10 mins
Ohh wait, did I tell you that the sales executive didn't even bother to ask my contact details even after staying in the showroom for 20 mins & talking to him for 10 mins?
If you are referring to Nexa Nagole, even I had been there on a sunday prior to the Ignis launch, and loitered for about 15mins, clicked a few pics of the baleno, sat inside and felt the car. I like to do window shopping of cars and hence I was happy that no one attended me.

Since the showroom is officially functional, they will now mend the ways to attend all customers.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 1st February 2017 at 07:02.
Old 7th February 2017, 19:42   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Jan 2017 sales from Maruti Suzuki's Premium outlet outsells cars sold by most manufacturers.

The only two manufacturers selling more than Nexa were Hyundai (which has the second highest market share in India, after Maruti Suzuki) and the home-grown Mahindra.

Quote:
The Ignis in its first month of sale found 4,830 buyers. The S-Cross sold 2,109 units in January and at a whopping 10,476 units, the premium hatchback, the Baleno was the eighth highest selling car in the first month of 2017. With three products on offer, Maruti Suzuki’s Nexa premium brand alone posted a cumulative sale of 17,415 units in January

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:31   #403
Senior - BHPian

A new NEXA showroom is coming up close to the beach in Besant Nagar, Chennai. Should be a great place to buy as it's a relatively less congested area and good Elliots beach road for a cracking test drive!

P.S: I reckon this could be the best place to test drive the S Cross 1.6

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 2nd March 2017 at 14:35.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:59   #404
BHPian

All this NEXA being premium, I am not able to understand what is premium in the products being sold there. Is Ignis really a premium product?
Old 8th March 2017, 12:02   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki exceeds expectations on Nexa outlets with Baleno, Ignis, S-Cross success, meets Nexa target 3 years ahead of schedule!

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has achieved 15% of its total monthly sales in volume terms from its premium dealership channel Nexa three years ahead of schedule. The company, which launched Nexa dealerships in 2015 to retail its premium cars, had targeted 15% monthly sales from it by FY20 but has met it in February 2017 itself due to the popularity of the vehicles retailed through it, mainly the premium hatchback Baleno.
Quote:
Analysts expect that the contribution from the Nexa to the company’s topline will increase to 28-30% in FY18 once the company has enough capacity.
Quote:
In value terms, Nexa’s contribution to the company’s topline during the month would be around 25%.
FT
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks