Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 14:43   #241
BANNED

re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

afaik almost all existing dealerships have been offered a Nexa dealership. Now with a single product these will not be viable. Also, the ASS will be the same, no better experience for the customer. I think Nexa may be a non-starter.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:26   #242
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask; but could someone let me know the names and locations of the Nexa showrooms in Kolkata? I got my brother quite interested in the Baleno and he is looking forward to a test drive!
Fingers crossed, if all goes well we might have a Baleno replacing the Swift at home!
Old 15th October 2015, 13:49   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosu View Post
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask; but could someone let me know the names and locations of the Nexa showrooms in Kolkata? I got my brother quite interested in the Baleno and he is looking forward to a test drive!
Fingers crossed, if all goes well we might have a Baleno replacing the Swift at home!
Hi Gosu, you can find Nexa showrooms on the Nexa website:
http://www.nexaexperience.com/showroom-locator2.html
HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 23:04   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti has plans to expand their Nexa dealership network to 80 outlets in the top 30 cities around the country before the Baleno's scheduled launch on October 26th.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki had planned to hire around 2,500 relationship managers for 100 Nexa outlets by the end of this fiscal.

The new car is expected to create a huge excitement and the carmaker is preparing itself to not let down any of its prospective buyers. These new dealerships are expected to contribute a significant amount to their sales.

The manufacturer believes that 75-80 per cent sales of their premium offerings come from top 30 cities in the country.
Carwale
Old 20th October 2015, 16:49   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

First hints of trouble for Nexa dealerships?

Maruti-Suzuki's Nexa outlets start downsizing - showroom managers are reportedly under pressure to retain only one-third of the existing staff numbers!

Quote:
it appears that Maruti’s cup of woes appears to be running over. If sources are to be believed, the NEXA range of premium retail showrooms are indeed in a spot of some serious trouble. NEXA dealers across the country are now starting to downsize operations, letting go of their excess sales staff in a bid to stem the tide. Reports say that some showroom managers are under pressure to retrench over two-thirds of their existing staff in a bid to cut the flab.
Motor Octane
Old 20th October 2015, 17:13   #246
BHPian

To me the idea itself was a nonstarter. First, the so called 'premium' cars that warranted the nexa model, weren't so premium after all. There is a clear case of Identity crisis, with Ciaz, which is as premium as anything else at Nexa, being sold at regular maruti showroom. If they launched Kizashi with Nexa, that could have looked more sensible.

Alternatively, the fact that Nexa sells Suzuki and not Maruti, could have been a little over-emphasized. Maruti dealer for maruti cars and Nexa for Suzuki cars. At least that kind of positioning would have helped create a separate identity for the Nexa brand.
Old 20th October 2015, 17:36   #247
BHPian

If this news is true, they are trying to "cut the flab" before there are any good number of launches?
By the way, who decides the number of sales staff? Maruti or the dealer?
When I visited Nexa a few months back, I found the SAs sitting and enjoying themselves - Of course, there are not enough cars to keep them engaged.
But I seriously do not understand why they are cutting staff at this point of time. They are launching Baleno in another one week, and there are several new cars lined up in 2016 to be going to Nexa.
The news looks similar to how Renault sent back several people home just before Kwid launch.
Maruti need not give up on Nexa so soon, if they had some vision for the brand. Let us hope this is just a rumour.
Old 21st October 2015, 02:34   #248
BHPian

If Nexa is only meant for sales and not for service, most customers may feel that Maruti is literally taking them for a ride. Not sure why the company wants to change its brand image of a customer-centric company to a sales-centric company
imove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 17:49   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Hi Gosu, you can find Nexa showrooms on the Nexa website:
http://www.nexaexperience.com/showroom-locator2.html
Hyderabad has two locations, but the results don't show anything
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:10   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Hyderabad has two locations, but the results don't show anything
I agree there are errors on the website, even the Baleno colour names were messed up a few days back! Also, I guess the map only searches for dealerships in a 10km radius, try entering names of different well known places. Who knows, some dealer name might pop up
Safe bet would be to contact nearest Maruti Suzuki dealer since Nexa dealerships are preferably given to existing Maruti Suzuki dealers (due to functional service centres, etc). They inturn would give you correct information about existing/upcoming nearby Nexa dealerships.
I hope they keep updating the website as and when new dealerships are added.

Last edited by HolyDriver : 26th October 2015 at 18:12. Reason: Typo
Old 26th October 2015, 20:06   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
If Nexa is only meant for sales and not for service, most customers may feel that Maruti is literally taking them for a ride. Not sure why the company wants to change its brand image of a customer-centric company to a sales-centric company
Not really, I visited a Nexa showroom in Chennai and apparently they have Sales, sevice and support in the same location. As of now only the showroom is ready but the service should be up in a couple of months.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:05   #252
Senior - BHPian

I visited Nexa for the first time this weekend with a friend who is looking to add a car to his garage. The showroom we visited was a not so old Fiat showroom (Hyson opp EMC for the folks here) which Maruti took over a few months back. And it felt really good.

The typical MS showrooms are too old, boring and crowded with cars. Nexa looks great with the huge glass area all around, beautiful lighting, very modern interiors and staff is also very competent. Have spoke to two Nexa sales guys in the past few days for S-Cross and Baleno and they both were really good. Interestingly, both are not from the automotive industry but they knew their cars well and gave honest answers. Good job by MS on hiring and training.

I think its a step in the right direction for MSIL. Of course, there is added cost, effort and lack of reach in the short term, but they have started on the right path.
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:09   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
If Nexa is only meant for sales and not for service,
Nexa could be a sales outlet and service done at the regular Service centres. But they are allotting a bay only for Nexa cars with technicians trained in them.
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:10   #254
BANNED

Take the Baleno. I think it is a Swift with premium interiors. 1.2 engine, ... What characterised the old Baleno was a 1.6 litre highly refined and economical engine. So even the heart is gone.
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:03   #255
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Take the Baleno. I think it is a Swift with premium interiors. 1.2 engine, ... What characterised the old Baleno was a 1.6 litre highly refined and economical engine. So even the heart is gone.
That is true with every premium hatchback on sale, thanks to the sub-4m rule. Elite i20 and Jazz both shares their petrol heart with their smaller siblings- the Grand i10 and Brio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks