Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2016, 13:07   #316
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_hornet View Post
This is indeed strange.

Why would a brand like Maruti Suzuki hire people from different fields for their "premium" offerings? I mean, wouldn't it have made more sense if they had selected the top-performing SA's from their current crop and "promoted" them (better packages, better offices, etc) to NEXA from regular Maruti dealerships? That would have helped their sales, made sure that the domain expertise is retained and would also have boosted the morale of the existing SA's, IMO. And that, I feel, would have resulted in a very healthy experience for the customers - the premium NEXA showroom visitors would have been handled by the best of Maruti's SA's, and the ones in the regular showrooms would have an opportunity to perform better for a better career growth (do better and you could be promoted to NEXA).
My RM was an ex-BMW sales person. The showroom manager was earlier with BMW.
Met another RM and he was from a Volkswagen dealership.

But still the experience is far from premium. The next door Maruti showrrom guys were better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_hornet View Post
Absolutely agree with this. A premium car should be seen as one on the roads as well. With the same badging on a Baleno and on a Swift, I for one wouldn't feel anything premium if I owned the Baleno. A different badge/brand marketing the cars sold by NEXA would probably have helped.
The Indian Baleno does not include the Suzuki badging that the export model gets. Not sure why. The NEXA logo is available on the rear screen in the middle.
Old 13th March 2016, 21:56   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be the 3rd entirely new offering to be retailed through Nexa outlets after S Cross and Baleno.

Other upcoming Nexa cars include the Vitara and S-Cross facelift- not so soon but maybe in 2017.

http://www.indianhoods.com/news/car-...dia+Details%29
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 17:55   #318

My colleague who recently bought a Baleno, received an invite for a "My NEXA Plant Walkthrough".
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-my-nexa.png  

vinay85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 22:16   #319
BHPian

johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 23:20   #320
BHPian

Will Suzuki re-launch an localized version of Kizashi through Nexa?
Old 5th April 2016, 15:49   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be the 3rd entirely new offering to be retailed through Nexa outlets after S Cross and Baleno.

Other upcoming Nexa cars include the Vitara and S-Cross facelift- not so soon but maybe in 2017.
[
Maruti Suzuki is likely to launch the International Vitara in early 2017. Will come with the 1.6 diesel and 6 speed MT. An AT variant also could be made available.
Quote:
The Vitara, to be placed above the S-Cross, will share its 118bhp 1.6-litre diesel engine and six-speed manual gearbox, but will likely get the advantage of Suzuki’s excellent AllGrip AWD system
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-399022.aspx/0
Old 12th April 2016, 08:52   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Next two Maruti Suzuki launches - one New.,the Ignis and another a new variant of Baleno - with the boosterjet engine- Baleno RS. Both will join the Nexa cars and will come in this festive season. aims to maintain its double digit growth with these launches along with the strong demand for Vitara Brezza.

Quote:
The RS version of Baleno will carry a bold and aggressive design language, and will be pitched as a sportier variant. This is expected to carry a premium to the existing petrol model.

Catering to the demand of Nexa cars in particular to Baleno, the company plans to double the number of Nexa retail outlets this year to nearly 250.
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-51788479.jpg

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-fy17/51788477

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th April 2016 at 08:55.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 21:53   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys.

Need a confirmation regarding Nexa showrooms opening on Sundays or not.

Its for my friends relatives who are staying in Thiruvananthapuram and they are keen on the Baleno. Since the capital city doesn't have a Nexa showroom, the nearest option are the ones in Kochi.

It's a last minute decision and they will start tomorrow morning if the showroom is open on Sunday.
The SA is not attending the phone(its saturday evening afterall) and no response from the guys at the customer call centre.

So, this is the only place where i can put forth this question
Old 16th April 2016, 22:08   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Guys.

Need a confirmation regarding Nexa showrooms opening on Sundays or not.

Its for my friends relatives who are staying in Thiruvananthapuram and they are keen on the Baleno. Since the capital city doesn't have a Nexa showroom, the nearest option are the ones in Kochi.

It's a last minute decision and they will start tomorrow morning if the showroom is open on Sunday.
The SA is not attending the phone(its saturday evening afterall) and no response from the guys at the customer call centre.

So, this is the only place where i can put forth this question
Nexa, Chennai showrooms are open on Sundays infact the showroom on OMR is open till 3:00 or 4:00 pm. I assume it's the case all over India.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:16   #325
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

My 70 yr old father in law had booked a Baleno Delta with Nexa Chandigarh, we were trying to convince him to shift to an automatic. We have been trying to get a test drive of the automatic with Nexa for the past two weeks but to no avail.

Finally today, the customer rep had the galls to say this to my FIL - 'If you want to test drive an automatic why don't you buy a BMW or an Audi?, we don't do a test drive of the automatic.'

Wow, really wow. My wife is fuming and is promising to raise hell with them, but this is the Nexa experience. You have a hot selling car with pent up demand, the customer can take it as they dish it out or shove it up you know where.

So, what is the recourse here? Any tips or pointers really appreciated.
HillyThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:27   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
My 70 yr old father in law had booked a Baleno Delta with Nexa Chandigarh,......Finally today, the customer rep had the galls to say this to my FIL - 'If you want to test drive an automatic why don't you buy a BMW or an Audi?, we don't do a test drive of the automatic.'
This is real bad behaviour by the Nexa guy. He has insulted and humiliated a senior citizen.
The matter need to be taken up with Maruti at the highest level.
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:35   #327
BHPian

Quote:
My 70 yr old father in law had booked a Baleno Delta with Nexa Chandigarh, we were trying to convince him to shift to an automatic. We have been trying to get a test drive of the automatic with Nexa for the past two weeks but to no avail.

Finally today, the customer rep had the galls to say this to my FIL - 'If you want to test drive an automatic why don't you buy a BMW or an Audi?, we don't do a test drive of the automatic.'

Wow, really wow. My wife is fuming and is promising to raise hell with them, but this is the Nexa experience. You have a hot selling car with pent up demand, the customer can take it as they dish it out or shove it up you know where.

So, what is the recourse here? Any tips or pointers really appreciated.
... I have always felt that maruti have been good at service but terrible at sales. I have personally had bad experiences with some Maruti dealers but this is just unbelievable. Is this how maruti plans to go about building the premium image of the NEXA brand? You must immediately report this to Maruti higher ups.
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:47   #328
BHPian

Quote:

Take them for task. This kind of behaviour should not at all be tolerated. Not sure what kind of screening mechanism Nexa dealers are having for selecting their sales people. I have not experienced any bad behaviour from the Nexa people here in Bangalore.
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:55   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
... I have always felt that maruti have been good at service but terrible at sales. I have personally had bad experiences with some Maruti dealers but this is just unbelievable. Is this how maruti plans to go about building the premium image of the NEXA brand? You must immediately report this to Maruti higher ups.
I was seeing Nexa's Facebook page, and their wall has plenty of similarly poor pre -sales experiences, this one was a bit extreme. If the higher ups at Maruti couldn't be bothered to respond to customers on their Facebook and social media accounts, I really don't know how escalating it higher will help.

Someone wants to give you close to 8 lacs, and this is not the kind of response one expects. My wife talked to the manager at this Nexa, and he said he is formerly from JLR and this absolutely isn't what they are etc, and the manager says this customer rep is the 'best' they have. If this is their best, then we dread to meet their worst one!

The point is, besides insulting my FIL, no test drive has still been promised!
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:08   #330
BHPian

Quote:
I really don't know how escalating it higher will help.

Someone wants to give you close to 8 lacs, and this is not the kind of response one expects. My wife talked to the manager at this Nexa, and he said he is formerly from JLR and this absolutely isn't what they are etc, and the manager says this customer rep is the 'best' they have. If this is their best, then we dread to meet their worst one!

The point is, besides insulting my FIL, no test drive has still been promised!
I think you should write a big email clearly mentioning how your FIL was mistreated for simply asking a test drive. Do post it on FB nexa page too. Why would a customer buy a car without a test drive? If Maruti as a policy have chosen not to offer test drives for automatics then they should clearly tell us. It does not matter whether the sales rep is the best they have, he has no right to be a smart alec and mistreat a senior citizen.

Most Viewed