Team-BHP - Suzuki project Splash :The new A2-segment car from Maruti?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Suzuki project Splash :The new A2-segment car from Maruti? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16013-suzuki-project-splash-new-a2-segment-car-maruti.html)

At 2006 Paris motorshow

Suzuki will exhibit project ‘Splash’ which is a ‘clinic model’ for another all-new vehicle which will follow the Swift, Grand Vitara, and SX4 onto the market.

Based on the concept of a car that will appeal to many different markets and market sectors Splash is a multipurpose vehicle intended to deliver satisfaction to a very wide spectrum of customers regardless of their lifestyle, age, and gender and with diverse requirements for their personal transportation. It offers:
· Excellent driveability
With its platform shared with the new Swift, Splash combines excellent performance and driveability around town and over long distances.
· Comfortable cabin
A relatively tall body provides ample occupant comfort and space.
· Contemporary interior design
The cabin combines a contemporary design with equipment that maximises user-friendliness.
Splash specifications
Dimensions: 3,780mm (Length) × 1,780mm (Width) × 1,650mm (Height)
Wheelbase: 2,360mm
Engine: All new 1.2L, 16-valve, four-cylinder petrol
Transmission: Four-speed automatic Seating capacity: Five persons

from press release

Only one question -- I may be missing something here, but why are those headlights designed to point upwards? Obviously the reflectors inside will point the beam straight ahead, but it seems that a lot of the area of the reflector is wasted in this design -- surely the beams will be fairly narrow.

i dont think xenons need reflectors so...

Feels nice!

The grill is Audi stuff... But would look nice...

Car has potential - I'm sure that radical front-end will be watered down while still retaining the overall space-age look in production versions.

don't know.. but looks like a concept car.. to me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelntoe
i dont think xenons need reflectors so...

I am wondering if these headlights are designed to tilt and point towards the road when switched on. Doesn't look like it. Maybe the design is intended to prevent blinding the drivers of oncoming vehicles.

Looks like combination of Audi A2 and Mercedes A class :D

Suzuki makes a Splash. Swift based small car concept. "

http://www.overdrive.in/showstory.php?storyid=192#

Suzuki’s recently unveiled concept of a mini-MPV, the Splash could very well make its way to our shores by 2008. As is well known Suzuki and Nissan have a global tie-up wherein the former supplies its MR Wagon to Nissan, which is later marketed as the Nissan Moco. The tie-up for a small car between the two Japanese companies has now expanded to include another small car which Suzuki will begin supplying to Nissan by 2008. Further, Nissan and Suzuki will enter a manufacturing collaboration in new emerging markets by sharing their respective manufacturing facilities, which will start at Maruti’s new plant in India. Given that Maruti itself is planning to introduce the MR Wagon here as the new Zen, Nissan will in all probability not market the same car under its badge in India but will only source the same for exports.
However, to have a decent presence in India, which is predominately a small car market, Nissan needs a model to bring in the numbers. And this where the Splash comes in. Even though the Splash is being called a mini-MPV, in the Indian context, it is still a small car. Though it is larger than the Swift on which it is based, it is still smaller than the Hyundai Getz in length. It is however taller and wider than the Hyundai. Furthermore, given the proximity of the Swift and Splash, Maruti would certainly not like to cannibalise the former sale by introducing the same under its umbrella. It therefore makes perfect sense for Nissan to introduce the Splash in India under its badge, even though the car will be manufactured at Maruti’s new facility. The Splash which will be powered by a new 1.2-litre petrol engine and seat up to five adults, will also be exported from India under Nissan

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK
don't know.. but looks like a concept car.. to me...

same here man !..

-sr

It is still a sketch. The actual production car or even the concept would be way different.