Team-BHP - BMW India drops 1-Series Petrol, 328i, 6-Series coupe from 2015 price list
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW India drops 1-Series Petrol, 328i, 6-Series coupe from 2015 price list (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/160142-bmw-india-drops-1-series-petrol-328i-6-series-coupe-2015-price-list.html)

Thank you to BHPian vb-san for sharing this information with other enthusiasts.

BMW India recently released its price list for 2015. The company has made a change right at the top of the list by leaving out the 116i hatchback. The development suggests that the car could have been discontinued, even though the company's website still shows it in its line-up.

While there is no official word from BMW, it is likely that the company has run out of kits for the car's assembly. Earlier this month, the company revealed the facelifted version of the 1-Series and the car is expected to come to India later this year. So, even if BMW puts the 116i back in showrooms, we do not expect it to do so before the refreshed version is launched.

BMW India drops 1-Series Petrol, 328i, 6-Series coupe from 2015 price list-bmw-2015.png

There is a lot more than the 116i missing. The 328i is gone too. As are all the 6 series coupes, the 640d and the 650i and the 650i gran coupe. Too much of consolidation by BMW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3633334)
There is a lot more than the 116i missing. The 328i is gone too. As are all the 6 series coupes, the 640d and the 650i and the 650i gran coupe. Too much of consolidation by BMW.

Exactly, where are all the petrol's in the 3 and 5 series??

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkydevil (Post 3633338)

The X1 sportline and base seem to have been stopped too.

With petrol prices not that high now, it would be good of BMW to bring some petrol engines back in.

The X1 has stopped completely irrespective of the variant. The next generation is expected towards the end of this year. The line up is way too consolidated for this year in my opinion

November one , for comparison , BMW India website is updated regularly with applicable list prices

The 6 Series Coupes have been gone for quite some time now, at least since June or July. Even the M6 Coupe has disappeared. Being CBUs I wonder why they wouldn't offer them, and continue the Gran Coupe since there's no extra cost for them anyway. Or am I mistaken?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3633334)

At a time when Mercedes (CLA, GLA etc.) & Audi (A3, Q3 etc.) are expanding their line-up, BMW actually reduces it :Frustrati

I must say, ever since Andreas Schaaf left BMW India in 2012, the company has entirely lost its aggression. It's got the 'deer in headlights' look right now. BMW is sliding back, back, back....down to 6.5K sales in 2014 (Merc & Audi both crossed 10K).

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkydevil (Post 3633338)

At a time when the market is moving to petrols :Frustrati. Does BMW even have its eyes & ears open?

What a sorry state of affairs at yesterday's No.1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3633964)
At a time when Mercedes (CLA, GLA etc.) & Audi (A3, Q3 etc.) are expanding their line-up, BMW actually reduces it :Frustrati

I must say, ever since Andreas Schaaf left BMW India in 2012, the company has entirely lost its aggression. It's got the 'deer in headlights' look right now. BMW is sliding back, back, back....down to 6.5K sales in 2014 (Merc & Audi both crossed 10K).

Really, I don't know what BMW is up to. Because all they have coming up in the near future is the 1 series LCI, the 3 series LCI, the new 7 series, the new X1 and the new 5 series. The new X1 and the new 5 will help them take back some sales from their competition, but for the LCIs they really need to get aggressive.

Frankly if they don't make drastic changes soon, then they are digging their own grave. Are you listening BMW India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3634091)
Frankly if they don't make drastic changes soon, then they are digging their own grave. Are you listening BMW India?

Yes, with no new models it does not look very bright. Actually they can try to be a bit more creative and launch the 318d/320i with the facelift, and get those run against the likes of the CLA. Power figures will be a match, and it effectively can tap into a segment lower.

Insane pricing as well for everything. A 320 D Luxury line for Rs. 40 l ex show room without Octroi. In short, Rs. 50 l OTR or USD 85000.

Also, it is odd how they tuck in the price list at some obscure place in the website, which one would only stumble onto by mistake (like I did). Instead of having it easily accessible.

In today's online age, the first impression is usually made at the company website, rather than at the dealer's. What a way to do business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 3634732)
Also, it is odd how they tuck in the price list at some obscure place in the website, which one would only stumble onto by mistake (like I did). Instead of having it easily accessible.

Yes, but atleast they have a pricelist available online. I believe the other German manufacturers say MB, Audi or VW do not have the price mentioned in their respective website.

^^^Actually that I can understand - not having a price-list online for an aspirational brand. But if you want to share prices, put it where it is visible / accessible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3634758)
Yes, but atleast they have a pricelist available online. I believe the other German manufacturers say MB, Audi or VW do not have the price mentioned in their respective website.

vb-san

MB definitely does.

https://www.mbf.co.in/calculator/

Not only the price list but also a complete calculator to give you EMI calculations. Not sure of Audi though.

On BMW, if they don' launch/re launch products to aggressively tackle CLA/C/Q3 then i'm afraid they are staring at a sub 5k number in 2015, while mercedes can very well go close to 15! :thumbs up

i find BMW products stale, old and uninspiring. something's gotta give.