Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2015, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught testing undisguised pics - pg 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I saw the review done by ACI on TV and I was disappointed by the overall design & interiors. The insides seemed particularly cheap and even outdated compared to the Fortuner which also struggles to justify it's interiors for the price tag it's going for. I wouldn't buy this Chevy considering it's going to be a CBU which means a price of close to 30 lakhs for the top end. I hope GM knows what they are doing because the 2016 Fortuner will annihilate this Chevy totally!
Yes, indeed. Like I said before , Fortuner's success is also due in part to failure of rivals to launch a worthy contender. I think Fortuner will continue to rule the roost and I do not see any challenger rising in the horizon in near future. The brands which can take on Toyota, like Maruti, Honda and Hyundai have nothing in their stables to match Fortuner in all respects (including those butch looks). Chevy hardly has the halo of Toyota and butch looks of Fortuner. New Ford Endeavour does, but you can bet your last nickel on Ford screwing things up here when they finally launch, if they ever do, that is.
Old 7th April 2015, 20:27   #32
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught testing undisguised pics - pg 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The insides seemed particularly cheap and even outdated compared to the Fortuner which also struggles to justify it's interiors for the price tag it's going for. I wouldn't buy this Chevy considering it's going to be a CBU which means a price of close to 30 lakhs for the top end. I hope GM knows what they are doing because the 2016 Fortuner will annihilate this Chevy totally!
I have been a bit out of the Indian car market, but the Trailblazer interior is is a typical current generation Chevy design (may not be exactly luxurious but not outdated). The current Fortuner is unfortunately getting pretty old and beyond speculation from Thailand/ Philippines, I am not sure anyone knows when it is going to be brought to India. It is not unrealistic to expect that the new Fortuner be priced well north of 35L on the road given Toyota's pricing history. And the ride quality is nothing to write home about. I actually prefer the Rexton RX-7 although it looks a bit short and the third row and the storage space behind it are not to my liking.

As of now, the Thai spec Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ1 is way ahead (200hp/ 500 N-m torque/ 6 speed auto with attractive interiors and Chevrolet ride quality) of the current generation Fortuner. I might seriously consider replacing my trusty old 2007 3.0l EX 4x4 Safari with this one if the price is not outlandish. I expect a fully loaded 4x4 standard SUV to be in the range of ~ US$ 40k and Chevy did price the Cruze reasonably (the Diesel variant in the US costs almost the same as its Indian counterpart).

Perhaps, Chevy folks are testing out a new nav system driving through India?
THE-U- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 15:43   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Bijoy B S for sharing these pictures!

He spotted one coming out of Chevrolet's Trivandrum service center and, on another occasion, there were two by the highway.

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-1.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-2.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-3.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-4.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 16:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

When I went to fill petrol in my scooter on Monday at Dommasandra village in Bangalore (which isn't far from Whitefield), I saw a Trailblazer test mule parked there, with three gentlemen inside. AC was running, and all its windows were closed. Engine noise was very low, just enough to indicate that it is a diesel engine.

The gentlemen were checking something on the laptop. I took a couple of rounds around the car. I felt that the car is shorter than Safari. If its bonnet was any shorter, its dimensions would have matched that of Qualis (I could compare because a Qualis was filling up nearby).

But when I see these pictures, I feel the car is much larger!

Just when I thought of having a conversation with the gentlemen, they started the car and drove away.

PS: I don't carry my phone when I go specifically to petrol bunks. May be I should!

Last edited by rohanjf : 9th April 2015 at 16:34.
rohanjf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 17:28   #35
BHPian

I saw 2 cruze with temp number plates and on old airport road. It was on Thursday morning at 7 AM. Cars were not covered and i didn't noticed anything special except less amount of smoke
Both cars were having on test board and GJ registered. Anyone else saw the same cars in and around Bangalore?
Old 13th April 2015, 00:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
When I went to fill petrol in my scooter on Monday at Dommasandra village in Bangalore (which isn't far from Whitefield), I saw a Trailblazer test mule parked there, with three gentlemen inside. AC was running, and all its windows were closed. Engine noise was very low, just enough to indicate that it is a diesel engine.
The fact that the GM Technical Development Center is located in one of the ITPL buildings might be the reason why you see many upcoming Chevy cars around the Whitefield area, testing and homologation runs for sure.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th April 2015 at 10:59. Reason: Fixing quote tag, trimming quote
Old 14th April 2015, 11:14   #37
BHPian

2015 Chevrolet Trailblazer spotted in Namakkal (Tamilnadu)

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...bBwpXu6pOKMTBA
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-chevrolettrailblazerspied.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-chevrolettrailblazerspied3.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-chevrolettrailblazerspiedindia2.jpg  

LionX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 15:10   #38
BHPian

Trailblazer testing in Trivandrum.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150416wa0013.jpg  

Old 24th April 2015, 15:34   #39
BHPian

Now Caught Testing on The Hyderabad ORR. I guess it was the same 2 cars. The road presence of the car was very good. They were driven sedately at around 70 kmph.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0008.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0018.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0014.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0009.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0010.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0011.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0012.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0020.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0021.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0025.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0028.jpg  

Rohit_Quad is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 12:17   #40
BHPian

Is this the right way of testing the engine in dusty conditions ? I doubt ! Looks like the Ford guys are doing it in a better way.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-img20150423wa0020.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-2015fordendeavourindiam2_560x420.jpg  

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 14:05   #41
BHPian

Chevy TrailBlazer in Indore:

Today I saw two fully camouflaged Chevy TrailBlazers bearing numbers 'GJ 17 TC 212' and 'GJ 17 TC 213' on western Ring Road Indore.

My observations:

1. Majestic road presence - people were keenly looking at those vehicles
2. Dimensions almost same as Fortuner
3. Very strong acceleration - It was very difficult to keep up with those vehicles even in my Honda City
4. If priced correct, Chevy has a winner at hand.

Sadly couldn't take pics since I was driving alone.
Old 4th May 2015, 17:32   #42
BHPian

GM India to launch Chevrolet Trailblazer in H2 2015, caught testing in Hyderabad – Spied

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/c...h2-2015-177832
Old 21st May 2015, 01:38   #43
BHPian

Chevrolet Trailblazer spotted in Rajasthan

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/c...n-spied-179062
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-2015chevrolettrailblazerrearspottedinrajasthan1024x767.jpg  

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-2015chevrolettrailblazersidespottedinrajasthan1024x684.jpg  

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 11:30   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

The Trailblazer's interiors have been snapped by Twitter user Felix Jose.

It reveals a dual-tone black+beige interior combo, together with an automatic transmission and Chevrolet's MyLink touchscreen infotainment system.

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-chevrolettrailblazerrearquarterindiaspied.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-chevrolettrailblazerfrontquarterindiaspied.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-chevrolettrailblazerfrontindiaspied.jpg

Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV brought to India for R&D. EDIT: Now caught undisguised on page 6-chevrolettrailblazerinteriorindiaspied.jpg

SOURCE
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 15:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Same car was found doing rounds in Madurai-Trichy road. Seen the car in Thailand a lot.

But a CBU route does not make any sense. How can they compete with the big boys from Toyota and Ford on price? So isnt this the first true Chevy/GM in their lineup?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks