Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2015, 14:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda India: Extended Warranties available up to 7 years / 100,000 kms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Is AC gasket covered in extended warranty?

I have Honda Amaze whose AC gasket needs to be replaced due to an accident. Service Center suggested to claim the insurance.
You say it got damaged in an accident. This damage is then definitely not covered under warranty. Warranty is usually for manufacturing defects. Insurance is for accidental damage.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 18:13   #17
BHPian

This is a welcome move IMHO. Good move from Honda to provide extended warranties for 7 years / 100,000 KMs and also allow folks to avail of this even if the current vehicle does not get covered by an extended warranty.

I for one missed out on taking extended warranty at the time of purchase of my car (Hyundai, i20) and now the regular warranty has run out. It is an extra cost to pocket but offers peace of mind I feel and hence a good idea.

Lesson learnt that next time when I purchase a car, take the extended warranty at time of purchase itself. IIRC, taking it at time of purchase (or within 45 days from purchase) has the lowest prices and post that it keeps on increasing depending on when one takes it.

Cheers,
SK
Old 13th February 2015, 19:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I have two issues with this:
1. Who decides if a damage is mechanical wear/tear and on what basis. Especially after 4 years, any damage could be attributed to mechanical wear and tear. It is unlikely that a manufacturing defect surfaces after 4 years. So I am skeptical that any damage could be classified as "mechanical wear and tear" and the warranty claim rejected.
2. Honda has a ludicrous service schedule. Once in three months! I hate to go to them every three months just for a shoddy wash job, and letting them try to push unnecessary jobs (AC cleaning, Engine Protection etc.) on me. I have been taking my car in once in 6 months (though my car runs only 5-6K kms per year). If I do not stick to their "once in 3 months" schedule, they will most probably reject any warranty claim.

My 4 year warranty on the City expires this Aug. I don't plan to renew because of the above two concerns.
You are absolutely right. These are major issues. However, even in the regular warranty, there are grey areas related to normal wear and tear or manufacturing defects.
As a thumb rule, all suspension, brake pads, drive belts, bearings, clutch, filters, bulbs, fuses etc are not covered.
Sensors, Injectors, Automatic transmission, HVAC electronics, other electronics except stereo are covered. Electrical motors, emission control systems, brake valves and other hydraulics, except hoses and pipes are generally covered.

There may be grey areas in some things like blower motors or some other electrical components, but then those have to be fought out.

Regarding the servicing schedule, 3 months interval is just a money minting scam and a waste of time. All they do is wash the vehicle and give it back. They look at kms more closely than the duration.

What I do is that instead of doing it every 5,000 kms, i drag it upto 7.5k kms and then get the next 10K service done. That way i can straddle between 2 services and claim a delay in service in case of dispute, rather than a skipping of service

Last edited by VineetG : 13th February 2015 at 19:20.
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:06   #19
BHPian

I am attaching the list of parts covered in the Honda's Any Time Warranty. According to Honda, the extended warranty is only 1% of the total costs of all the spares.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda India: Extended Warranties available up to 7 years / 100,000 kms!-honda-extended-warranty.jpg  

Last edited by Tommie : 23rd June 2015 at 11:07.
Tommie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:32   #20
BHPian

Is this still available? I can't seem to find it on the Honda website.
Old 22nd June 2018, 20:35   #21

Today availed Extended warranty for Honda Amaze Petrol SMT for the 4th year. Paid INR 6480/- as it was still under warranty. Today was the last day of warranty, and tomorrow cost would have gone up to @ INR 7300/- So without hesitation availed the extended warranty.

I found it worth the price. Small parts like wheel cylinders and other major parts are covered under the extended warranty. Even ECM and wiring harnesses are covered. According to Honda parts worth INR 5,75000/- are covered under this extended warranty. Also, confirmed that music system change will not void the warranty. Only Music system will not be covered under the warranty which is obvious. 90/100 headlamp bulb upgrade with cutout will only void the warranty of headlight harness. But CNG conversion will void entire extended warranty. As of now no plans for CNG conversion but those who are considering it should make a note this.

Honda dealers have authority to approve the part replacement under INR 20000/- For the higher priced parts approval from Honda is required and service history and records are checked for the same. Honda has availed insurance for high priced components, and insurance guys check service records.

One more interesting thing is Honda does the grading of cars as per service history and service records available to them. The car is regularly serviced at Honda ASC. So all service records are available with Honda. Hence as per Honda, the car is considered as Grade A car.

I think an extended warranty is worth as it offers complete peace of mind and also will add value to resale.
Old 29th November 2018, 06:00   #22
BHPian

Can somebody confirm if Honda India is still offering this 7yr extended warranty. Looking to pickup a Jazz in the next 6 months or so.
Old 29th November 2018, 15:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Can somebody confirm if Honda India is still offering this 7yr extended warranty. Looking to pickup a Jazz in the next 6 months or so.
As per the website "Yes" and they have provided a Toll Free contact number as well. Refer URL - Link
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:27   #24
BHPian

When I took Jazz for 30 months service in Hyderabad, the service person informed me that the car is out of warranty. The official standard 2 year warranty for my Jazz expired by April 6th 2019.

Here is my issue. I purchased this vehicle from Honda showroom Thane. While purchasing itself I had already paid Rs.7268 for extended warranty and additional Rs.4711 for RSA. I have the payment receipt with me. RSA is valid for 4 years. Ideally my warranty should expire by April 2021. After several emails and calls no one from service center responded. I raised a complaint with Honda yesterday and by evening I received a call from thane showroom. They tell me that their system shows that my vehicle's extended warranty is cancelled. Now they are offering me " Any day warranty" for 2 years free of cost. How come they cancelled my warranty, should I be concerned with this ?

Even my purchase experience from this showroom was not that great. The sales person had promised me some mats but backed out once the payment was made. Even the paid reverse camera accessory were not of good quality and I had to change it after 13 months ( just after the 12 month warranty got over). I told them before itself that the module is not working properly , sometimes there was latency but they never acknowledged. Such experience really makes me hate Honda especially in India. Honda did not even acknowledge headlamp moisture issue and stating that this is normal

Last edited by rahulskumar : 23rd August 2019 at 10:29.
Old 6th December 2019, 18:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am hearing news on my WhatsApp group that Honda has announced Any Time Warranty for 8th, 9th and 10th Year.

Sounds like excellent news and peace of mind for people planning to keep their car long as well as for resale scenarios. I hear the circulars have reached the Honda ASCs this week.

If any of the others here have heard similar news please do update.
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:34   #26
BHPian

Yes, got a confirmation at Whitefield Honda about the warranty extension until the 10th year. This is very good news and reassuring for Honda owners. Do reach out to your dealer.
Old 7th January 2020, 16:46   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys, I've a Jan 2010 Honda City VAT model which is the previous one to the current model. I got a message from my dealer in Hyderabad that I can opt for extended warranty for my car. My car completed 5 years in Jan 2015 and is now into 6th year. My car did 45k km only.

When enquired, the person from the dealer informed me that Honda is offering extended warranty to those vehicles which are less than 7 years old or done less than 1 lakh km. He also informed that the ext. warranty for my car for 6th year would cost 10.9k and when in 7th year, I can opt for 7th year also again. He informed that this is from Honda. All the terms will be same as the ext. warranty which is applicable after 2 years of std. warranty. Anyone got such offer. Any updates on this are welcome.

Mods : Please move to appropriate thread if not relevant here. Thanks.

I have done an extended warranty for my Honda Amaze. It is totally worth it. Honda has covered almost all components in this extended warranty which is really good. Honda has covered expensive parts like ECU, Engine and several common components that are subject to wear and tear like window regulator, wheel cylinder etc. Last service Honda ASC replaced the Cabin Light Unit costing some 2800 Rs. free of cost under the extended warranty.

I found it totally worth.
msranade is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks