Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 12:56   #106
BHPian

re: Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Got a message from a concrete source that Vios plan have been shelved , Toyota seems to be concentrating on Etios facelift for festive launch.
Are you sure? I was told only yesterday by one of Sales person that Toyota is planning to launch Vios in 2017.
Old 5th August 2016, 16:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Are you sure? I was told only yesterday by one of Sales person that Toyota is planning to launch Vios in 2017.
I cannot guarantee you 100% but I was speaking to my friend who is in toyota and he was saying that they may abort Vios plans.
Old 8th August 2016, 15:38   #108
BHPian

Tracking back my earlier comment , it seems that Diesel Vios plans are more less aborted but there are chances that Vios petrol might make our shore in distant time .
Old 8th August 2016, 20:10   #109
BHPian

I keep hearing about the Vios being on test, but this has been going on for years, with no clear roadmap. Looks like the only thing Toyota is really testing is our patience!
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 11:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Got a message from a concrete source that Vios plan have been shelved , Toyota seems to be concentrating on Etios facelift for festive launch.
I heard from Indian autos blog that Vios plan is shelved. Instead they working on next gen Etios (20017-18) which might take cues from existing Vios. So im expecting another made for India cost cutting model.
Old 10th September 2016, 11:43   #111
Senior - BHPian

A friend and fellow TBHPian Vinodh spotted the car today and took some pictures. He also reports that seatbelt adjusters were missing and the head unit/ICE looked like a high end model. Dash and seats were completely beige.

Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-whatsapp-image-20160910-8.14.55-am.jpeg

Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-whatsapp-image-20160910-8.14.57-am.jpeg

Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-whatsapp-image-20160910-8.14.59-am.jpeg

Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-whatsapp-image-20160910-8.14.56-am.jpeg

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 10th September 2016 at 11:48.
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 11:59   #112
BHPian

I really hope they give some definitive guide about the Vios's launch. But with Toyota you never know. I for one am waiting for the Vios to arrive in India soon.
abs182 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 13:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

I think toyota is waiting for the next generation of the Vios (due in 2018) to launch worldwide and then they will bring the older one to India. They are hell bent on their belief/principle/strategy that the Indian middle class deserves a tried and tested (old) model where they can make lots of money.
nik_kapur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 13:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
A friend and fellow TBHPian Vinodh spotted the car today and took some pictures. He also reports that seatbelt adjusters were missing and the head unit/ICE looked like a high end model. Dash and seats were completely beige.
6 days later, the same car ( KA 01 TC 209 ) is today spotted in Kochi ( @Kaloor ).
It seems, Toyota is doing testing and will not shelve the Vios plan. They tested the Etios for 5 years before finally releasing it. With the kind of quality control and testing that Toyota have, even an already existing model will take years of testing before releasing it in a different terrain.

Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-whatsapp-image-20160916-1.25.03-pm.jpeg
Scoop! Toyota Vios caught testing in Bangalore Edit: it's the Yaris Ativ-whatsapp-image-20160916-1.25.03-pm-1.jpeg
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 13:33   #115
Senior - BHPian

This car looks dated even compared to the current City and Ciaz. If they wait any longer, Maruti and Honda will further increase the benchmark. Not to mention, Toyota comes with a premium price sticker on it and a not so premium engine option. Surely going to be the 1.4D on it as well I guess.

Will they get the 1.8P on it or 1.5P as on Etios, is the question.
Old 16th September 2016, 13:46   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
This car looks dated even compared to the current City and Ciaz. If they wait any longer, Maruti and Honda will further increase the benchmark. Not to mention, Toyota comes with a premium price sticker on it and a not so premium engine option. Surely going to be the 1.4D on it as well I guess.

Etios engine is quite competent and since Vios malaysia also has the same 1.5 VVT-i engine, I doubt India is going to get an upgrade (we are a far more fuel economy sensitive market).
Muski is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 14:06   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well Toyotas have always been safe conservative designs and the final version at most will have different lights and slightly modified interiors.
I really doubt if they will get the 1.8 Petrol from the Corolla. I guess this is the car to replace the Etios and will continue with the current Etios engines, maybe with a different state of tune at the most. This btw is pure speculation on my part.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 14:08   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't think, Toyota will ever try to match power figures or torque figures of the competition. What they will do is to provide "Adequate power" for the kind of roads and a torque curve which provides very good drivability. Whether it's the Etios Petrol/Diesel, Corolla Petrol or the Innova Diesel, drivability is the top priority. The only exception was the Corolla Diesel where drivability suffers due to that larger turbo.

Even with 1.4 D-4D with VGT used in Corolla diesel, Toyota has made an upgrade for the Euro 6 variant which improves its drivability several folds. Peak torque is now available from as low an rpm of 1400 rpms, and stays there till 2800 rpms! That's going to do a world of good for the actual driving experience on this engine. Maybe, with the Vios, this engine will make its debut in India. And then, there is the BMW engine options. But, that might not come to India in the near future.

Regarding aesthetics, I'm not the best person to comment on.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 15:04   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It does look dated for sure but I feel as long as the build quality, plastic quality and space equal its rivals, it ought to do well. No question of engine configurations. Have you ever seen a 1.8L petrol in a C2 segment car? The 1.4 diesel and 1.5 petrol should be more than adequate for the segment. There aren't any premium engine options in that space anyway apart from the 1.2tsi and 1.4t-jet.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 16th September 2016 at 15:06.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 13:06   #120
BHPian

Etios given a Botox job to make time for homologation.
I wish they get the 1.3. It significantly outsells the Honda City in most SE Asian Markets.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks