Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 19:43   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour: Mitsubishi might bring Delica MPV and Attrage sedan to India

Mitsubishi may bring Delica MPV, Attrage sedan to India.

Delica
Rumour: Mitsubishi might bring Delica MPV and Attrage sedan to India-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150212070324_del2.jpg

Attrage
Rumour: Mitsubishi might bring Delica MPV and Attrage sedan to India-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150212070336_delica.jpg

Mitsubishi also plans to get new Outlander and Montero SUVs in petrol guise this year; diesel variants will follow next year.
Attrage sedan may make its way here by 2017 and will come with a diesel engine mated to a manual gearbox and there will be no automatic option.

Quote:
Mitsubishi Motors has said that it may be looking at getting the Delica MPV and the Attrage sedan to India in the next three to four years. In the MPV segment, the Delica would go up against the Toyota Innova, which means that prices might be in the range of Rs 15-20 lakh.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-393313.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th February 2015 at 19:55.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 20:02   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rumour: Mitsubishi might bring Delica MPV and Attrage sedan to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
My reactio to those pictures is - ugh. So the only pretty Mitsubishi in India is going to remain the Lancer? I weep.
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 20:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Can someone relay the info to them to not work on it anymore and waste their time? The sedan looks like a face-lifted version of Nissan Sunny and the minivan resembles the Evalia although not completely.

This will never make a dent on the segment leaders City nor Innova. And they don't exactly have an USP like a few other manufacturers as well.

High time they shut shop and leave the country. Harsh but that is the truth.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 12th February 2015 at 20:59.
SchumiFan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 22:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

OMG, are they alive? First they hibernate for nearly a decade. And when they wake up, they wake up to this? What world do they live in? One is Evalia clone and the other Sunny clone. When the original themselves failed to set sales charts afire, what makes Mitsu think they can with these mee-toos. They should shut shop and leave India. And they can write a book titled "how to kill a perfectly good car and brand". BTW, I think their pan-India dealership numbers can be counted on fingers of one hand.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 22:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Can someone relay the info to them to not work on it anymore and waste their time? The sedan looks like a face-lifted version of Nissan Sunny and the minivan resembles the Evalia although not completely.

This will never make a dent on the segment leaders City nor Innova. And they don't exactly have an USP like a few other manufacturers as well.

High time they shut shop and leave the country. Harsh but that is the truth.
+1

One company which has fallen from absolute high to unimaginable nadir is Mitsubishi - I used to lust for the Evo X. Now, I don't even care if this company exists or not.

They don't have a lineup of cars anywhere that is remotely exciting.

I'll be glad the day they shut shop and leave. They can atleast save the money they are planning to invest in these dull cars - Will someone tell their management, India now is no longer the India that was in 1990s?
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 01:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Mitsubishi also plans to get new Outlander and Montero SUVs in petrol guise this year; diesel variants will follow next year.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-393313.aspx
Petrol-only SUVs in India! In this day and age! Launching the diesel engines a year later is not going to work for (by then) an ignored year old car Seriously, what are they thinking?

From what I remember, they were supposed to come up with an Aygo a decade ago. If they don't have the resources to make diesel engines, why don't they come up with a small cheap runabout like the Aygo? That will make more sense than what they are thinking of launching.
braindead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 12:24   #7
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Mitsubishi might bring Delica MPV and Attrage sedan to India

When I spoke to the MD of a dealership - he said sometime next year they plan to get New Outlander, Montero & base version of Lancer Evo. He ruled out Mirage but did not say anything about Delica or Attrage!
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 12:38   #8
BHPian

I am happy that after a decade, they're atleast trying again, albeit a poor choice of models to re-enter the market with. I would love to see the Lancer EX or Lancer sportback run in India.

Even if they do manage to bring the Lancer back, as long as they still partner with HIM, history is just going to repeat itself.
w0lf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 12:48   #9
BHPian

Not very good looking models. It dose not seem Mitsubishi is interested in developing their brand image in India. In my opinion Delica can be better used as a commercial mini ambulance than a personal carrier!
Old 13th February 2015, 13:18   #10
Team-BHP Support

Not sure how many realize that this is the second outing for the Mitsubishi Delica in the indian market, the first time under the Mahindra brand name as the Voyager.

It was the second generation of the Delica - and back then it was mostly considered an overpriced and glorified Omni on wheels. Ended up as one of the biggest market flops. Wonder if it can be any different in its fifth generation now? The 2.2L diesel with 148 PS sounds interesting when compared to the 2.5L Innova.

Rumour: Mitsubishi might bring Delica MPV and Attrage sedan to India-mahindravoyagerforsaleak_l17852913901418718232.jpeg
Pic Source- http://chennai.quikr.com/mahindra-vo...AdIdZ193970020

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th February 2015 at 13:25.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 13:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Indian markets have surely made automotive companies realize that 'kuuch bhi kachra nahi chalega India main'. Mitsubishi is about to learn this lesson when they launch these here.
Old 13th February 2015, 13:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
When I spoke to the MD of a dealership - he said sometime next year they plan to get New Outlander, Montero & base version of Lancer Evo. He ruled out Mirage but did not say anything about Delica or Attrage!
Really? whats the use? the last time they got the Evo they failed miserably!

Overpriced - 50L Rupee car!
Lousy warranty - (6 months or 10,000KM) yup
Lousy After sales service - None of the Authorized Mitsubishi service centers knew/knows how to service or maintain an Evo. Owners were left Furious!

First thing Mitsubishi should do is break away from HM (Hindustan Motors)
HM is nothing but dead weight dragging Mitsubishi to the grave with it.

If Mitsubishi comes back with a better partner or by-itself things can change drastically.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 14:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Really? whats the use? the last time they got the Evo they failed miserably!

Overpriced - 50L Rupee car!
Lousy warranty - (6 months or 10,000KM) yup
Lousy After sales service - None of the Authorized Mitsubishi service centers knew/knows how to service or maintain an Evo. Owners were left Furious!

First thing Mitsubishi should do is break away from HM (Hindustan Motors)
HM is nothing but dead weight dragging Mitsubishi to the grave with it.

If Mitsubishi comes back with a better partner or by-itself things can change drastically.
I agree - the HM is the biggest spoilsport. Wish Mitsubishi parts away from them. Not sure if the demerger of their Chennai plant is the beginning.

Though it is OT; On the cost of the spares - I am not sure how much margin HM has. For e.g., when asked for a replacement of a wheel hub cap (just one) for my Pajero SFX - the price quoted was INR 5300!! I did a break-pad replacement (all wheels) - the cost comes close to 20K! Few other part cost; Fog lamp assembly (just one side) INR 36K! which is costlier than the head lamp assembly (1 side costs INR 28K), corner lamp assembly (just one side) costs INR 26K!. If we go by their parts and labour cost and put together another Pajero SFX - I am sure it will be in the range of 1 to 1.5 Crores!

Back to the topic: From the discussion with that dealership - the EVO base will be priced in the range of 18 to 25 lakhs! And likewise - the montero in the range of 40 to 45 Lacs.
maheshramaling is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 14:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not sure how many realize that this is the second outing for the Mitsubishi Delica in the indian market, the first time under the Mahindra brand name as the Voyager.
Thanks for this info. In fact, my first thought on seeing the pic in the OP was that this looks like the Mahindra Voyager from maybe 20 years back. Now I know why.

The sedan is supposed to come in 2017 with no automatic option. Going by the current trend, every other sedan in the market will have diesel and petrol automatic options by that time.

And petrol SUVs? Good luck with that.

Last edited by StarrySky : 13th February 2015 at 14:41.
Old 13th February 2015, 14:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Why bother Mitsu.

Better stay with the memories than spoil the image of the company forever.
The Lancers still look classy after a decade in the market.

Attrage- Atrocious name and an equally drab sedan on the Sunny lines.
Delica: Not delicious at all.

Pls. avoid. No need to waste money you havent made on products that no one wants.

Most Viewed