Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 08:14   #241
BHPian

The 2016 model with the slight facelift shown off at Auto expo will start production in April - May. Until then it's only 2015 models.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:00   #242
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
The 2016 model with the slight facelift shown off at Auto expo will start production in April - May. Until then it's only 2015 models.
Would you have any idea on what changes are there in the 'facelift' ? I don't remember seeing any detailed updates on the same in the auto expo thread.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:35   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
From what the Chennai dealer told me the year 2016 Jetta will be assembled only from 1st April 2016 onwards and till then they clear the existing ones. Whether if it is going to be a facelift or same one, knowing Volkswagens track record, no one can really say!
Yes, this is what both Bangalore dealers told me.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:41   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmapurikar View Post
You both are correct. My mistake on the manufacturing year. This is November 2015 manufacturing and 2016 model.
Thanks sharmapurikar. I got a very good deal for the 2015 model, and he also told me that the car will be from November batch production. And if I have to believe him, its the last Black DSG rolling out of factory

Posted on another thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3930600

Thanks Grraja, the article and links gives insight to thier production cycle. I will wait for VIN from my dealer today, to confirm the details. Hey, could you PM me (am not able to), i might have something for your mudflap/mat topic/requirement.
sunsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:47   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Would you have any idea on what changes are there in the 'facelift' ? I don't remember seeing any detailed updates on the same in the auto expo thread.
All I have is also from the Auto Expo thread.
As far as I can see, it gets
New LED tail lamps,
Bluemotion technology (Brake energy recuperation, automatic engine stop at signals etc)
A better HU (but someone on this thread confirmed that it wont have Carplay / Android Auto)

Please correct if I am wrong.

With this in mind, imo it's not a deal breaking update, and I would suggest you choose the 2015 model if you are able to snag a pre-budget price.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 10:36   #246
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
Thanks sharmapurikar. I got a very good deal for the 2015 model, and he also told me that the car will be from November batch production. And if I have to believe him, its the last Black DSG rolling out of factory

Posted on another thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3930600

Thanks Grraja, the article and links gives insight to thier production cycle. I will wait for VIN from my dealer today, to confirm the details. Hey, could you PM me (am not able to), i might have something for your mudflap/mat topic/requirement.
Congratulations on the booking. Wishing you all the best with a smooth delivery process and a very pleasant ownership experience with tens of thousands of miles with smiles.

Even I am not able to send you a PM. I think PM will be available once you cross 25 posts.

BTW, I have already ordered the Jetta mudflaps from AliExpress for around Rs.1000 and they have been shipped. Should get them in 3 to 4 weeks. Will update once I receive and fit them. The pricing at dealership is exorbitant!
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 12:25   #247
BHPian

Quote:
I got the VIN now : WVWM15xxxGxxxxxxx
So Its December 2015, right ?

Cheers!
Old 18th March 2016, 15:59   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got the VIN now : WVWM15xxxGxxxxxxx
So Its December 2015, right ?
Cheers!
Yes. From the VIN, it looks like it is December 2015 manufactured car
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:11   #249
Senior - BHPian

So I just test drove the new Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG and it is pretty impressive. There are good deals and offers available for this model. I was offered a discount of Rs. 1.45 lakhs on the OTR price of Rs. 23.55 lakhs. So the final price is Rs. 22.10 lakhs with extended warranty and zero depreciation insurance (worth 55k). The catch is that the car is a Nov 2015 manufactured model. Even though I am tempted, I somehow feel the discount should be at least Rs. 3 lakhs
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 01:40   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So I just test drove the new Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline DSG and it is pretty impressive. There are good deals and offers available for this model. I was offered a discount of Rs. 1.45 lakhs on the OTR price of Rs. 23.55 lakhs. So the final price is Rs. 22.10 lakhs with extended warranty and zero depreciation insurance (worth 55k). The catch is that the car is a Nov 2015 manufactured model. Even though I am tempted, I somehow feel the discount should be at least Rs. 3 lakhs
I think it is pretty good deal. I paid much more than that.

My car is Nov 2015 manufactured - as long as it is 2016 model. I think it shouldn't matter. There are no new changes in the car.
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:53   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
That's cool deal; if you've budget constraints, bite it! You'll not get any better deal now. Or wait for 2016 production soon, with very good hike overall, and with latest tax impact.

I got almost similar deal on Ex-Showroom Price, which helped to bring it sub-20L, helping marginally the Road Tax and Insurance part also, and it's a Dec'15 model. Hoping to take delivery on this Saturday.
Old 24th March 2016, 05:20   #252
BHPian

Quote:
I think it is pretty good deal. I paid much more than that.

My car is Nov 2015 manufactured - as long as it is 2016 model. I think it shouldn't matter. There are no new changes in the car.

There is. The Stock Default head unit on Highline Jetta comes with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Nav. unlike last year's RCD 510.

Hope this helps!
Old 24th March 2016, 07:30   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
There is. The Stock Default head unit on Highline Jetta comes with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Nav. unlike last year's RCD 510.

Hope this helps!

My car has it. It is Nov 2015 manufacturing and 2016 model.

BTW the apple CarPlay and android auto doesn't work as it is not unlocked. I followed up with dealers and the company and they confirmed it is stuck in licensing.
dharmapurikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 10:36   #254
BHPian

u
Quote:
My car has it. It is Nov 2015 manufacturing and 2016 model.

BTW the apple CarPlay and android auto doesn't work as it is not unlocked. I followed up with dealers and the company and they confirmed it is stuck in licensing.

But bro, CarPlay and Android Auto works fine on new Maruti models- Ciaz, Brezza etc. I have been deferring my purchase of Vento TSI because of CarPlay. I am seeing it as more than just a feature. It is something that will keep updating with time, more kinds of apps, more entertainment, etc.
What surprises me a lot - On Apple's website, in CarPlay Section they have listed about 100 cars that will be CarPlay compatible. In that list we have got 2016 Polo, 2016 Jetta, 2016 Beetle, 2016 Passat etc. VW is tight lipped about polo, vento, ameo compatibility with CarPlay. Here's the link: http://www.apple.com/in/ios/carplay/available-models/

If VW have made commitment to Apple, they should better bring the system to India, and unlock it too.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 19:20   #255
BHPian

I was enquiring about the jetta highline AT today. The coimbatore dealer is offering free comprehensive insurance (no zero dep) plus loyalty benefits, works up to 1 L. Is that a good discount for the 2015 model.

else, have to wait for the 2016 model, which, according to the dealer might take up to 2 months.

I am not too keen on the proposed updates to the jetta. I guess the current version has almost everything I require.

Anybody getting better offers? And suggestions please.
Thanks.

Most Viewed