Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 23:24   #256
BHPian

You should get more than this. The company discount alone is ₹75000. Add to that loyalty and then the discount on the insurance, you should get around 1.5 maximum.
Old 5th April 2016, 17:34   #257
BHPian

I got the VIN for the car in stock. Toffee brown HL AT.
WVWL15167GA550455.
NOV 2015 mfd. 2016 model year.
Getting a reasonable offer. Is it a ok Nov 2015. Else have to wait for 2016 lot.
Old 5th April 2016, 18:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Getting a reasonable offer. Is it a ok Nov 2015. Else have to wait for 2016 lot.
If the offer between 2015 and 2016 MFD is not attractive wait and get a 2016 lot. Unfortunately we always look at selling price (resale) while buying a car than actually buying the car. If you dont care about the difference while reselling, go for the 2015 and save yourself some money which will anyway build that interest and offset whatever you may loose between 2015 and 2016 model for sale.

Not the question is - Nov 2015 - Jan 2016 - How can you be sure the vehicle was not in the rain and was not impacted. I would take a safer 2016 post Jan mfd route.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 18:07   #259
BHPian

Booked the Jetta HL AT. Saw the car in person, just arrived at stockyard. Nov 2015 mfd, 2016 model. Toffee brown. 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459946194.247932.jpg

Excited!
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:05   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Booked the Jetta HL AT. Saw the car in person, just arrived at stockyard. Nov 2015 mfd, 2016 model. Toffee brown. Attachment 1494605

Excited!
Congratulations!! How much did they bargain, in terms of discounts? I was able to grab about 2 lacs off for Nov-12 manufactured , purchased in march 2013. Just as a reference. Hope i am not too late to quote this.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:50   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Congratulations!! How much did they bargain, in terms of discounts? I was able to grab about 2 lacs off for Nov-12 manufactured , purchased in march 2013. Just as a reference. Hope i am not too late to quote this.

Thanks for the info. Not as much. Have sent you a pm in this regard.
Old 11th April 2016, 11:43   #262

Mod note: Pictures not uploaded, please edit and re-attach the images. Thanks

Have been mulling over the next car, from the time my Vento got flooded in Dec 2015. Finally booked a Jetta AT (D). Took delivery of this beauty, last Friday!

[IMG]C:\Jetta\Jetta-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]C:\Jetta\Jetta-2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]C:\Jetta\Jetta-4.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th April 2016 at 11:45.
Old 11th April 2016, 21:25   #263
BHPian

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Took delivery of my toffee brown HL AT.
First impressions:
1. Feels solid.
2. My 3 month old GT tsi is actually better to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Don't know if it's the diesel drone or the 6 speed DSG or both.
3. Well specced. BT and music streaming work well. Only gripe is the BT music volume is very very low. Not so in the polo. Touch screen is quite good. Audio SQ is OK!
4. I think the tyres are overinflated. Car was bumpy. Need to check. Planning to swap to 3 st Michelin.
5. Adaptive headlights plus cornering lights are super.
6. Lack of seat memory is the only major flaw as per my needs.
Overall, a happy 40 km.

I have not received a user manual with the car. Is it normal or should I ask for one.

Last edited by differential : 11th April 2016 at 21:42.
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 22:06   #264
BHPian

I got a manual with my car. Did you check the boot on the left side?
Old 11th April 2016, 22:15   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I got a manual with my car. Did you check the boot on the left side?

Thanks. My bad. Found the manual. There is one for the composite audio system too.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:02   #266
BHPian

I am contemplating buying this. I am on old VW customer and I visited the showroom. I am a fan of sturdy build quality and bullet proof reliability that I have come to love in my Vento.
I am getting some good loyalty bonus and a discount. Now few questions passed through my head
1) Is it worth the exchange ?
2) I also heard about an option of 2015 kit , 2016 kit. So the older kit i.e. 2015 is cheaper. But why is the option given so ? Is that only to clear the inventory ?
3) Just an additional question , is there a long backlog of inventory , means is the car not selling that well ?
4) The Skoda Octavia (current gen) is the one that is identical almost to this car. It is slightly expensive but then it has me confused.

In general sighting of both cars are rare. I know they are expensive but then I see more Beemers (3 series) on the road rather than VW Jettas and Skoda Octis. Any insights would be appreciated.
Old 16th May 2016, 15:01   #267
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I am contemplating buying this. I am on old VW customer and I visited the showroom. I am a fan of sturdy build quality and bullet proof reliability that I have come to love in my Vento.
I am getting some good loyalty bonus and a discount. Now few questions passed through my head
1) Is it worth the exchange ?
If you so desire.
Quote:
2) I also heard about an option of 2015 kit , 2016 kit. So the older kit i.e. 2015 is cheaper. But why is the option given so ? Is that only to clear the inventory ?
No D segment sedan is a seller other than the Corolla(which is not a great seller on its own). I think you can find such deals on many high end cars. Because the demand is too low and unpredictable, the dealers are not able to predict the exact number of cars which will be required and end up with an inventory. Also, many a times a customer cancels the booking and that car in that colour and in that specific variant may not be desired by someone else. At this price point everyone wants a car to be of his choice. A small discount on a car in stock may not deter him from his choice. It is only after the car get a few months old and the dealer starts giving higher discounts, a customer may go for a slightly old car. This also happens in the lower segments, but not to the very same extent. The 'small' discount offered by the dealer may turn out to be a big one for a buyer looking for a smaller car. Also, since the smaller and in-demand cars generally have a high waiting period, the customer actually feels lucky to have been allotted a car irrespective of the colour.
We went for a 7 month old Jetta(pre-facelift model) last year and haven't faced any issue yet. You might want to go through this thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ring-date.html
Quote:
3) Just an additional question , is there a long backlog of inventory , means is the car not selling that well ?
Generally yes.
Quote:
4) The Skoda Octavia (current gen) is the one that is identical almost to this car. It is slightly expensive but then it has me confused.
Ideally speaking, the Octavia is a better car. But many niggles have been reported on this forum. It is best to avoid the petrol IMO. Also, you don't get the Octavia top-end with a manual transmission which is a bummer.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:38   #268
BHPian

I test drove an automatic Highline Diesel and I was pretty impressed. I drove it for 10 mins but I found the ride to be very comfortable in the back seat . In the driver's seat the feeling was very much easy to adapt considering I have driven manuals most of my life. It was kinda addictive to not be bothered about gear changes , stalling the car by not shifting down at the right time. The ride in Sports Mode (again one of the first of my experiences) was thrilling. But the engine was slightly audible but ticked all the boxes I was looking for. The Octy should be a similar sounding and driving machine and less spartan (but I am used to Spartan as I have been a Vento owner for 5 years). I am not sure about the spares and poor A.S.S. of Skoda.
About VW reliability I know they can be extremely reliable.
The "loyalty" bonus of 20K and the dealers willingness to work out the package is tempting me to upgrade to a VW again. Also there is a huge bonus for a 2015 assembled car which is about 75K which is very tempting too but with risks of course. Thinking hard on whether to buy the Jetta and very seriously.
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:38   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I test drove an automatic Highline Diesel and I was pretty impressed. I drove it for 10 mins but I found the ride to be very comfortable in the back seat . In the driver's seat the feeling was very much easy to adapt considering I have driven manuals most of my life. It was kinda addictive to not be bothered about gear changes , stalling the car by not shifting down at the right time. The ride in Sports Mode (again one of the first of my experiences) was thrilling. But the engine was slightly audible but ticked all the boxes I was looking for. The Octy should be a similar sounding and driving machine and less spartan (but I am used to Spartan as I have been a Vento owner for 5 years). I am not sure about the spares and poor A.S.S. of Skoda.
About VW reliability I know they can be extremely reliable.
The "loyalty" bonus of 20K and the dealers willingness to work out the package is tempting me to upgrade to a VW again. Also there is a huge bonus for a 2015 assembled car which is about 75K which is very tempting too but with risks of course. Thinking hard on whether to buy the Jetta and very seriously.

Just to add another ticked box for the, The octavia doesn't have the multilink suspension, Apart from the 1.8TSI version, I think with all the discounts jetta comes out as a better deal and with the 2 TDI, Its performance with economy both along with a very good suspension setup, And last but not the least skoda has many more horror stories.
Old 7th June 2016, 13:50   #270
BHPian

It is really not clear why VW misses a reverse camera in Jetta and gives it in Ameo - a car 2 segments below. I feel a reverse camera should be a default feature of a premium D segment car even in base trim. The dealer says, he has no idea if a new upgraded Jetta will be launched soon. All that is improved in 2016 model is the updated infotainment system with better "touch & feel" interface minus the apple car play.
baskar is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks