Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 10:51   #301
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Ah, well, I haven't driven the Alfa Montreal or the 911 either - but I'm reasonably good at following visuals, or rather videos. And for the same reason, for anything over 4.5 m in length wishing to be taken as a serious drivers car, the first thing to go overboard would be the FWD.

This is an entirely subjective view, and as I always maintain (in something as visceral as automobiles) - to each his own.
After having owned a Swift Gen 1 Petrol, Octavia mk1 vRS and now the Jetta TDi mk6

In city, I find the hatches to be definitely hotter/nimble and can also afford to take risks... but on the highways, it would be the Jetta which transforms into a different animal altogether!

Last edited by AirWind : 21st June 2016 at 11:02.
Old 23rd June 2016, 00:11   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
You should get more than this. The company discount alone is ₹75000. Add to that loyalty and then the discount on the insurance, you should get around 1.5 maximum.
Any discounts on Model Year 2016 with MIB II Jetta Highline AT? Have been looking for a good upgrade from my 2008 Fiesta! Almost finalized on the Octavia but the DQ200 issues on 1.8TSI are giving me the chills .
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:17   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Any discounts on Model Year 2016 with MIB II Jetta Highline AT? Have been looking for a good upgrade from my 2008 Fiesta! Almost finalized on the Octavia but the DQ200 issues on 1.8TSI are giving me the chills .
As of two months back, all models, even the AT had a Rs. 70000 cash discount + Rs. 10000 corporate / loyalty discount + Rs. 20000 exchange bonus.
Should be the same even now.
Old 26th June 2016, 12:34   #304
BHPian

Quote:
As of two months back, all models, even the AT had a Rs. 70000 cash discount + Rs. 10000 corporate / loyalty discount + Rs. 20000 exchange bonus.
Should be the same even now.
Is it still worth it to go For the Jetta Highline AT considering it may well be the final iteration before moving onto MQB? I am in a Total Fix. Though The Octavia and The Jetta are a little stretch of our Budget( Which is Easily Permitting a Compact SUV, Creta) , I would like an Opinion from a Jetta owner. Agreed That the Octavia Gets more feature like The Sunroof, AFS, Memory Seats But i think I am live without these too. So at the Moment, I can either get the 1.8TSI or Jetta TDI. Octavia TDI is a Strict No-No for its Inferior Suspension.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2016 at 17:18. Reason: On request
Old 26th June 2016, 22:35   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I So at the Moment, I can either get the 1.8TSI or Jetta TDI. Octavia TDI is a Strict No-No for its Inferior Suspension.
1.8TSI will be heavy on your pocket plus the engine is a oil guzzler, 2TDI on the other hand is pocket friendly and very reliable as well, Its a practical engine to live with honestly. Even Jetta gets AFS, Though octavia has AFS 2 which i am not sure about the differences between both, Can anyone shed more light on AFS in the Jetta and AFS in the octavia?
Old 27th June 2016, 10:12   #306
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it still worth it to go For the Jetta Highline AT considering it may well be the final iteration before moving onto MQB?
Sometimes, the older platform is the better one. Newer platforms are increasingly becoming lighter and also cheaper (as with the MQB). Having driven the Jetta & Octavia diesels extensively, the VW feels superior in every way (build quality, solidity, rear suspension).
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 14:55   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sometimes, the older platform is the better one. Newer platforms are increasingly becoming lighter and also cheaper (as with the MQB). Having driven the Jetta & Octavia diesels extensively, the VW feels superior in every way (build quality, solidity, rear suspension).
4 years later, my jetta still doesn't have a single rattle. I bought a 320d recently and my wife prefers the Jetta (for comfort) over the 3. And, to my surprise, the Jetta is right there with the 3 when it comes to handling. I will go ahead and say that it feels a lot more confident (atleast to me) over undulations. The 3 rear has a tendency to bounce a bit. The 3 is a lot more powerful & the steering feedback is better, but is it worth twice (after discounts) the Jetta (I got a damn good discount on the 3). I think not.
shivasuma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 15:16   #308
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
but is it worth twice (after discounts) the Jetta (I got a damn good discount on the 3). I think not.
No doubt! I see the Jetta as a modern day W124 (okay, poor man's W124). Solid build, simple + robust mechanicals, great diesel engine, sorted ride & handling, good cabin space - might not be as modern or funky as its competitors, yet has a timeless charm to it.

We don't see cars like these too often. It's the perfect D1-segment sedan. The Indian Mk5 wasn't as competent (just 103 BHP on tap) and I doubt the MQB-based next generation will feel as solid (case in point = Octavia).

I'm seeing awesome Jettas trade hands for 9 - 12 lakhs. Gosh, that is a lot of car for the money. Would be my pick if I was in the pre-worshipped market with that budget.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 16:09   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm seeing awesome Jettas trade hands for 9 - 12 lakhs. Gosh, that is a lot of car for the money. Would be my pick if I was in the pre-worshipped market with that budget
True that. I would still say MKV is a better buy on that Manual Gear box. They now go at 6-8L because of over 5 years age as well but they are comparable to the top line of current Jetta with 8 Air bags, better speaker system, absolute comfort and total value for money since that diesel is proven to run for 300K miles(not kms) across the world easily.

The parts are plenty available across and you no longer need to take them into VW service center except if its an engine issue that would require some sourcing

My Advice is pick the manual version over the DSG box and you will have the most comfortable D1 segment sedan. With a pete box you can even bump that BHP
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 17:37   #310

Quote:
Though The Octavia and The Jetta are a little stretch of our Budget( Which is Easily Permitting a Compact SUV, Creta) , I would like an Opinion from a Jetta owner.
I was exactly there, a month ago. After numerous TDs, I decided to go the distance and got the Jetta TDI AT. Have been mighty happy with the decision. The build quality and ease of AT drive, obviously is top notch (I owned a VW vento before this, so am not new to this). If the price point is reachable for you, it is worth every penny.

Of course, features like Mirror Link not activated in the Jetta could keep you keenly earning for them. You will have to decide (a) the segment (b) the maaximum budget you can stretch to.

If you have any specifis queries, pls do shoot.
Old 13th July 2016, 13:39   #311
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase of the new Jetta HL.
As far as Car play / Android Auto and Mirror link goes for the MIB2 , I am told that the same will be available very shortly by the VW dealer by issuance of an activation kit to customers who would want the same activated.
It may cost about 18-19 K though.
Old 13th July 2016, 15:35   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I've contacted VW Bangalore again, They are willing to offer great Discounts on Jetta Highline TDI, Dec2015 vehicle. What is really bothering me is the Condition of the vehicle considering it has been in VW inventory for over 6 months.
Old 13th July 2016, 16:58   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
Congratulations on the purchase of the new Jetta HL.
As far as Car play / Android Auto and Mirror link goes for the MIB2 , I am told that the same will be available very shortly by the VW dealer by issuance of an activation kit to customers who would want the same activated.
It may cost about 18-19 K though.
Any idea about the timeline?

Quote:
I've contacted VW Bangalore again, They are willing to offer great Discounts on Jetta Highline TDI, Dec2015 vehicle. What is really bothering me is the Condition of the vehicle considering it has been in VW inventory for over 6 months.
What are the kind of discounts they are willing to offer? If they out weigh the maintenance you'll have to undertake, on say wiper blades, or rubber beadings etc, then it seems ok.
Anyway the paint and the alloys are protected after manufacture.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 13th July 2016 at 17:03.
Old 14th July 2016, 01:33   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about the timeline?

What are the kind of discounts they are willing to offer? If they out weigh the maintenance you'll have to undertake, on say wiper blades, or rubber beadings etc, then it seems ok.
Anyway the paint and the alloys are protected after manufacture.
Since I am a newbie, I can't send DM . Could you send your email I'd? Would require further assistance
Old 18th July 2016, 00:22   #315
BHPian

Sorry for late reply, had hectic travels for past few days and couldn't get the time for TD. In the meanwhile, developments on work front indicate that I may have to move cities soon. Dons want to pay high KA taxes and then move to some other state, so decided to postpone the purchase till I get more clarity.

Hopefully by then DSG TDI wont seem like a stretch too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks